Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

My wheels are out of tune, that's my next fix before riding it.
That’s something else that shouldn’t be needing done with a new bike. The more of these posts I’m reading and how things have been with deliveries and stuff I think Leili has been getting them together as fast as they can and out the door ASAP! Every problem seems to be a quality issue, like the final touches. The broken seat post is the only one I’ve seen where you could say “maybe a one off” that happens when things are mass produced. Are your wheels bad? 🙁

I would personally love a dual battery fat bike with a middrive that has a built in transmission. A belt drive with a tensioner so it could have rear suspension. Maybe in a year or two lol.

I'd love one too, and 130Nm is respectable, but after what I've sunk into my Beast, I don't see it happening. What I'm hoping for is a more rugged version of the nviolo automatic that can handle the Bafang Ultra, so I can upgrade just that component. If it comes out next year just before I get my tax refund, that'd be perfect timing. In the meantime, after reading recent posts, I'm glad I chose a conventional drivetrain for now. Good luck to everyone dealing with IGH issues.

Leili=2350 (bike) +270 (2nd battery) +40 (light/rack) +800 (shipping) =3360
Biktrix= 3900 (bike) -150 (always a sale) = 3750

So basically 400 extra for a bike that isn't hassle-free, but resolving issues that come up takes less money and time for shipping. I can't say it's a no-brainer; 400 more up front is a chunk, and it's still more than the $250 mentioned above to ship something as large as a new frame from China, but now that I'm riding daily and starting to lose weight, I'd hate a 3-month interruption.

I'd love one too, and 130Nm is respectable, but after what I've sunk into my Beast, I don't see it happening. What I'm hoping for is a more rugged version of the nviolo automatic that can handle the Bafang Ultra, so I can upgrade just that component. If it comes out next year just before I get my tax refund, that'd be perfect timing. In the meantime, after reading recent posts, I'm glad I chose a conventional drivetrain for now. Good luck to everyone dealing with IGH issues.

Leili=2350 (bike) +270 (2nd battery) +40 (light/rack) +800 (shipping) =3360
Biktrix= 3900 (bike) -150 (always a sale) = 3750

So basically 400 extra for a bike that isn't hassle-free, but resolving issues that come up takes less money and time for shipping. I can't say it's a no-brainer; 400 more up front is a chunk, and it's still more than the $250 mentioned above to ship something as large as a new frame from China, but now that I'm riding daily and starting to lose weight, I'd hate a 3-month interruption.

The Juggernaut Ultra Beast is currently on sale for $4,099 base level pricing. I paid $3050 delivered with rack fenders and light plus Maxxis tires and the IGH. You are right to feel good about the deal you got on your Biktrix but the price delta between Biktrix and Generic MD 1000 is a minimum of $800 and could be as much as $1000.

Another way to look at it is I could get an MD 1000 with an extra (3rd) battery and and extra backup SRAM conventional drive train (about $600 delivered) and be about the same price as the current Biktrix. That's a 3 battery MD 1000 with IGH and full SRAM 9 speed setup as a backup. I know that because I ordered the drive train swap out parts last week.
SRAM Dirve train wheel and hub.jpg

After 60 km I drove on my own Leili bike and the rear axle of the snapped across. The bike was in factory settings and the rear hub clicked from time to time. As if the gear hadn't stayed on. I have to make a single gear from that bike so it can take the transmission.
IMG_20210318_130735_0.jpg

That’s something else that shouldn’t be needing done with a new bike. The more of these posts I’m reading and how things have been with deliveries and stuff I think Leili has been getting them together as fast as they can and out the door ASAP! Every problem seems to be a quality issue, like the final touches. The broken seat post is the only one I’ve seen where you could say “maybe a one off” that happens when things are mass produced. Are your wheels bad? 🙁
Pretty much agree but anyone who orders a bike directly from a manufacturer in China that undergoes shipping a big heavy boxed item thousands of miles has to expect there could be some issues. They built these during a Pandemic with I'm sure much less than a full trained workforce due to COVID. I'm not making excuses for Leili, you can pay more and buy from a brander that puts their name printed on your bike and pay a considerable premium for the privilege. Do you really think there is value add in doing that? We all saw the photos of Bikonit, Biktrix and MD 1000 generics on the same factory floor. I think that to believe there is a qualitative difference in these bikes is magical thinking.

Again, I have 1200 miles on my MD 1000 an it is by far the best ebike for my use that I have ridden. Do I wish the SA IGH was more BMW than Triumph Spitfire? ... sure, but all things considered it works and I have other options now that I am pursuing.

Last edited:
After 60 km I drove on my own Leili bike and the rear axle of the snapped across. The bike was in factory settings and the rear hub clicked from time to time. As if the gear hadn't stayed on. I have to make a single gear from that bike so it can take the transmission.
View attachment 81942
One of my axles broke yesterday too! I'm looking to get a next axle. It's like 25 dollars

Last edited:
Pretty much agree but anyone who orders a bike directly from a manufacturer in China that undergoes shipping a big heavy boxed item thousands of miles has to expect there could be some issues. They built these during a Pandemic with I'm sure much less than a full trained workforce due to COVID. I'm not making excuses for Leili, you can pay more and buy from a brander that puts their name printed on your bike and pay a considerable premium for the privilege. Do you really think there is value add in doing that? We all saw the photos of Bikonit, Birtrix and MD 1000 generics on the same factory floor. I think that to believe there is a qualitative difference in these bikes is magical thinking.

Again, I have 1200 miles on my MD 1000 an it is by far the best ebike for my use that I have ridden. Do I wish the SA IGH was more BMW than Triumph Spitfire ... sure, but all things considered it works and I have other options now that I am pursuing.
You can buy a Merc or BMW and get all the bells and whistles, that doesn’t mean it’s cool for your Mazda to fall apart when you’ve had it a week.

I get the China thing, anyone that doesn’t must have been living on the moon for the last 20 years. I don’t think 1 bike has lasted longer than a week without something going wrong or breaking. Remember too they are charging $2 - 2.5K for these things. I expect it to last longer than a couple of months.

Seems they are dropping like flies! 😵

Please post a link, looks like I may need to keep a spare handy ...
I created a new thread with the link to the website and parts list.

You can buy a Merc or BMW and get all the bells and whistles, that doesn’t mean it’s cool for your Mazda to fall apart when you’ve had it a week.

I get the China thing, anyone that doesn’t must have been living on the moon for the last 20 years. I don’t think 1 bike has lasted longer than a week without something going wrong or breaking. Remember too they are charging $2 - 2.5K for these things. I expect it to last longer than a couple of months.

Seems they are dropping like flies! 😵
one out of my five bikes is working perfect so far. Never even had a skip yet. The axle issue could be from just the bike being heavy, lots of torque, and/or the rear tire being misaligned. Depends where it breaks. The bike which the axle broke has been ridden pretty hard. Limits are known now.

View attachment 81942
What type of riding are you doing? Using the throttle a lot or high assist?

Last edited:
one out of my five bikes is working perfect so far. Never even had a skip yet. The axle issue could be from just the bike being heavy, lots of torque, and/or the rear tire being misaligned. Depends where it breaks. The bike which the axle broke has been ridden pretty hard. Limits are known now.
A mans gotta know the limits of his equipment as well as himself. You motocross guys will definitely be finding the bikes limits quickly. I remember Frank Xu telling me that the MD 1000 was not built for jumping nor black diamond bike trails. While the appearance is very much Humvee the actual build is considerably less than that. It's sort of a sheep in wolfs clothing and for the price they are selling it at, that should be expected. Sorry to inform you but $2500 falls in the category of cheap (inexpensive sounds better) ebike. If I were a serious mountain biker, I would never have gone in this direction. But I'm an old man who rides mellow trails and roads but likes to go fast and far. I needed a good fitting, cool looking, comfortable riding bike and the MD 1000 fills that bill.

I feel bad for those of you with all these troubling issues and hope you can get them resolved. I suppose I am lucky to have received a bike free of most of the problems identified here. But I think it is probably the case that the happy owners are out riding their bikes and not posting on websites. It is the disgruntled ones who come here to find problem resolution.

A mans gotta know the limits of his equipment as well as himself. You motocross guys will definitely be finding the bikes limits quickly. I remember Frank Xu telling me that the MD 1000 was not built for jumping nor black diamond bike trails. While the appearance is very much Humvee the actual build is considerably less than that. It's sort of a sheep in wolfs clothing and for the price they are selling it at, that should be expected. Sorry to inform you but $2500 falls in the category of cheap (inexpensive sounds better) ebike. If I were a serious mountain biker, I would never have gone in this direction. But I'm an old man who rides mellow trails and roads but likes to go fast and far. I needed a good fitting, cool looking, comfortable riding bike and the MD 1000 fills that bill.

I feel bad for those of you with all these troubling issues and hope you can get them resolved. I suppose I am lucky to have received a bike free of most of the problems identified here. But I think it is probably the case that the happy owners are out riding their bikes and not posting on websites. It is the disgruntled ones who come here to find problem resolution.
Agreed. I got the bikes for green level trails with some light blue sections here and there. I am not surprised the axle broke on that one bike from how it was ridden.

To recap:
Bike 1: axle broke from rough operations
Bike 2: seat post broke from an easy ride
Bike 3: no issues at all
Bike 4: gear indicator was broken when received. Not a huge issue
Bike 5: cable was to short to get the igh in alignment. Should be able to get the cable just long enough to get in adjustment. Haven't rode this bike yet.

Leili have just messaged me with the following:-

I am going to talk you if you would change the belt drive system to chain drive system , due to we get many bad feedbacks from bikonit's client for belt drive system , we want provide you good service , so we suggest you if would change to chain drive system.
Chain drive system will more stable than belt drive system , many client feedback ,belt drive variable speed not good , and ride variable speed is loud.

Would you recommend swapping to the derailleur system now you have had experience of the belt drive?

Remember none of these bikes are older than a couple of months at most, some are even in their first month! 4 catastrophic failures so far and counting! That’s grim stats even for Chinese stuff!

None have been anywhere near anything “black diamond”. You’re “ an old man” (your words) and I was in a wheelchair this time last year, none of us are pro riders or anything even close so how “downhill” can we be going? We’re all just more casual users I think. Riding tar roads or fire trails at worse. Riding up or down half a dozen stairs or whatever doesn’t equate to anything hard trail, more like a small bumpy hill. From personal experience you’d have a hard time jumping this too, you’d need to be going some or maybe going too fast by accident.

Everyone here has been here before or during the order stage. Not because they have a problem and are just here looking for a solution. Well unfortunately, they do all have a problem but that wasn’t the initial reason for coming here, just every single bike comes with its free issues.

Even the “cheap” £1000 bikes from Amazon or whatever are doing better, miles better! Remember also Bolton ebikes is selling these things for 5k in the US! We are only cutting out the middle man essentially. Tyko has 1 out of 5 with no problems. I feel that will change when he actually rides it. Seriously.

I get the China thing. Totally! If your totally happy with your bike I’m happy for you. I feel if we visit this in another month you’ll have more problems to report, we all will.

I knew 110% we weren’t buying anything “top of the range” when I bought mine. Far from it when comes with a “Made In China” sticker. That translates into sub standard quality. I expected more than 8 weeks before it totally gave up the ghost though. Some here are not even over the first month! The parts on these bikes are for sure not top shelf, they’re not “stuff from the parts bin” either though. They claim warranty and guarantee, that’s about as reliable as the bike! Again, I get the China thing but “come on”.

If you’re desperate to be conned out of your $2500 I’ll pee up your back and tell you it’s raining no sweat! I’ll even give you a good deal if you want more than 1, take 3 and I’ll throw in a 4th totally free of charge! 🤥 👍🙂

Leili have just messaged me with the following:-

I am going to talk you if you would change the belt drive system to chain drive system , due to we get many bad feedbacks from bikonit's client for belt drive system , we want provide you good service , so we suggest you if would change to chain drive system.
Chain drive system will more stable than belt drive system , many client feedback ,belt drive variable speed not good , and ride variable speed is loud.

Would you recommend swapping to the derailleur system now you have had experience of the belt drive?
Yup, they tried to convince me to do the same thing bro. I haven’t told them to send it yet and over the last 2 days I may go with it.

Off-road driving and steep hills with a narrow path made of snow. 1-3 gears and full assistance. Aren't these done for this?
The ultra motor would tears apart chains and cassettes at high level assist too

The bikes that have no issues so far besides the gear indicator have been tune to have a more mellow power delivery. That might be saving the igh. Really only one of my bikes had a major quality issue. The drivetrain on all ultra bikes is the weak point

Last edited:
What is the chainset supplied with the MD1000? I would hope it’s the same as used with the Frey AM1000 as that seems to handle the powerful Bafang motor.

Back