Gazelle T9 chain drop

N5329K

Looking for suggestions on how to increase chain tension on my wife's Gazelle T9. There's no obvious adjustment I can find, and none mentioned in online or paper manuals. The bike is great and not at all old, and the chain has fewer than 500 miles on it. I had to run the B screw in full to bring a bit more tension to the chain but feel there must be a better way. She's losing the chain every other ride or so, and it spoils the outing. Any ideas? Thanks!

Looking for suggestions on how to increase chain tension on my wife's Gazelle T9. There's no obvious adjustment I can find, and none mentioned in online or paper manuals. The bike is great and not at all old, and the chain has fewer than 500 miles on it. I had to run the B screw in full to bring a bit more tension to the chain but feel there must be a better way. She's losing the chain every other ride or so, and it spoils the outing. Any ideas? Thanks!
losing it where? if on the front I have found using a narrow-wide chainring has helped a lot on our e tandem. on back then thats a adjustment issue.
you will have to know the BCD and how many teeth the chainring has.

losing it where? if on the front I have found using a narrow-wide chainring has helped a lot on our e tandem. on back then thats a adjustment issue.
you will have to know the BCD and how many teeth the chainring has.
Thanks. The chain pops off the front chainring and becomes wedged between the chainring and the chain cover.

Thanks. The chain pops off the front chainring and becomes wedged between the chainring and the chain cover.
thats what I figured. some bikes have some fix for it. my bulls had that issue andit was a pain to under the guard. I would ask the shop see if something is free first

Agree with @fooferdoggie : If the bike doesn't already have a narrow-wide* chainring, that would be a cheap, easy, DIY next try. My last one cost all of $12 and 20 minutes of my time.

NB: No special chain needed, but the teeth on the chainring and the links in the chain will both have to be even numbers to keep the two in proper phase.

* Narrow-wide refers to the alternating tooth design. Provides a more secure engagement with the chain.

A badly adjusted derailleur if you ask me.

This happens occasionally on my Performance Line motor. Typically quick shifting in turbo when taking off from lights. I think it is motor overrunning slightly and derailleur can't keep up. Mines 11spd with clutch and doesn't make any difference. Using Sports at lights and slowing shifts down makes big difference. Happened regardless of how clean and well lube chain was. The wife has same motor with 10spd but thankful doesn't happen to her as she isn't so quick on gear changes.

Definitely a prick of thing to get back on with chainguard. Only saving grace is kickstand, otherwise it would be flip bike.

Resolution:
Since there was no obvious way to tighten chain tension on the Gazelle T9, and no adjustments in shift cable tension or B screw fixed things, my gaze (finally) fell to the derailleur mounting bolt. Which was loose-ish. This allowed the derailleur to rotate enough to lose chain tension. Pulling it back into place and tightening it - along with taking out the various "adjustments" I'd made to unsuccessfully fix the chain drop issue - finally solved the problem. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and stories and suggestions.

Back