FS Watt Wagons

Can you clarify.
If I configure an Hydra with the Archon 2300W and Unrestricted throttle, I can also select Kindernay and don't see any warning.
Did you mean that the above configuration cancels the Kindernay warranty?
Oh. Weird. I’m sure we added the tooltip. Let me check.
But what you are saying is corrrct. Choosing unrestricted throttle will limit the warranty on the hub.

OK, Thanks, definitely want to make sure it is clear for people configuring :)
Now that brings up a question regarding the Kindernay service.
If something goes wrong with the Kindernay, does it have to be sent back to Norway, or do they have service in the US, or will you be able to service the Hub at Wattwagons?

YUp.. looks like the tooltip was hidden for the dropdown option. I have put it as a note on the menu now.

Kindernay (like the rohloff)- we service it locally. For the warranty period, we will just swap it out for you ( i mean we will ship it to you). We can RMA in the background so no problem. Want you to keep riding.

Great.
I would also add a footnote in the cart so people can see it in the configuration summary.

Question about shipping. Do you have a flat rate for continental US, or is it state by state?
It would be nice to be able to see the shipping in the configurator rather than at the end. I hate last minute surprises :)

Great.
I would also add a footnote in the cart so people can see it in the configuration summary.

Question about shipping. Do you have a flat rate for continental US, or is it state by state?
It would be nice to be able to see the shipping in the configurator rather than at the end. I hate last minute surprises :)
Yes. shipping is flat rate in the US. I believe the shipping is already on the configurator

I would think sales tax might be the biggest surprise. This is one area where WW has a significant competitive disadvantage relative to other online retailers as most others do not charge out of state sales tax.

Yes. shipping is flat rate in the US. I believe the shipping is already on the configurator
OK, this was sneaky :)
SO at the top it says "Shipping calculated at checkout."
Hard to notice but the word shipping is a link that goes to a page that has US shipping and confirm other will be calculated at check out.

Two suggestions.
Actually add a Shipping calculator for all destination in the configurator item list (like Item #7)
Or at a minimum actually put the US continental price right there to see, or make that shipping link a button.

I would think sales tax might be the biggest surprise. This is one area where WW has a significant competitive disadvantage relative to other online retailers as most others do not charge out of state sales tax.
Ouch, I had no idea about that.
I hate this US habit of not listing the price of things including tax.

One more suggestion then, to avoid the bad surprise, in the configurator where the Price is listed clarify with something like below
PRICE AS BUILT $4,299.00
Excluding sales tax (US +x%)

NOTE: You should also be able to see the full price of your order with shipping and taxes BEFORE having to create an account

Out-of-state sales tax laws have changed. Only 5 states do not have online tax laws. So if there are other companies not charging you they are eating a decent percent of their margins and will have a surprise in the mail from the IRS.

NOTE: You should also be able to see the full price of your order with shipping and taxes BEFORE having to create an account
I believe the Shopify apps only show the full price if the account has been created. We can keep some fields optional but an account is a requirement.

This tax thing is getting confusing....
I am reading something that says that for California, out of state companies are only required to charge tax if selling more than $500,000 worth of product in the year....

I am reading something that says that for California, out of states companies are only required to charge tax if selling more than $500,000 worth of product in the year....
Not exactly...it means if you are a business with a remote office in CA and you do $500k+ out of that office, you are then subject to registering there as a CA place of business and all relative taxes. Remote employees such as a regional sales representative are not applicable as product ships or of a different state.

It looks like WW uses Shopify so their taxes are automated and follow laws i would think.

I am reading something that says that for California, out of states companies are only required to charge tax if selling more than $500,000 worth of product in the year....
I was not collecting for the first year (was a mistake clearly), but now its required. I believe AZ, FL and umm.. washington or oregon (one of them) are the ones I am aware of where we dont charge the tax. We have to charge everywhere else.

Edit: To add to what @dunksalot is saying, the tax collection is automatic from shopify. We have been with them for a year or so now.. at the begininng was a wordpres thing so the tax thing was messed up.

I was not collecting for the first year (was a mistake clearly), but now its required. I believe AZ, FL and umm.. washington or oregon (one of them) are the ones I am aware of where we dont charge the tax. We have to charge everywhere else.
"NOMAD" states...NH, OR, MT, AK, & DE.

Back