FS Watt Wagons

I was not collecting for the first year (was a mistake clearly), but now its required. I believe AZ, FL and umm.. washington or oregon (one of them) are the ones I am aware of where we dont charge the tax. We have to charge everywhere else.

Edit: To add to what @dunksalot is saying, the tax collection is automatic from shopify. We have been with them for a year or so now.. at the begininng was a wordpres thing so the tax thing was messed up.
It does charge sales tax in WA. Pretty painful at 10%. I was just pricing it out for grins last night and was pleasantly surprised to see only $100 shipping, then sticker shock of $500+ sales tax. OR does not have a state sales tax. I might just have to become an OR resident for a day if I get around to purchasing another WW.

I went back just now and it's showing $300 flat rate shipping. Not complaining, as I realize that's what it costs, but I could swear it showed me $100 flat rate shipping when I was pricing it out yesterday. Maybe my aging eyes are getting bad.

It does charge sales tax in WA. Pretty painful at 10%. I was just pricing it out for grins last night and was pleasantly surprised to see only $100 shipping, then sticker shock of $500+ sales tax. OR does not have a state sales tax. I might just have to become an OR resident for a day if I get around to purchasing another WW.
You get those lovely $0 state taxes in WA...if I could have all my CA state taxes back I'd have a fully tricked out Hydra on order.

Pushkar, this tax thing is confusing me. I'm a founding member/purchasing and I've already paid for my ebike (except for anything I want added to my bike, like carbon rims). Will I have to pay your state sales tax?

Pushkar, this tax thing is confusing me. I'm a founding member/purchasing and I've already paid for my ebike (except for anything I want added to my bike, like carbon rims). Will I have to pay your state sales tax?
Not on the down payment you already paid. For any additional payment (upgrades) my understanding is that would incur sales tax on the excess.

I note in looking up the saddle upgrade that the Ergon ST Core comes in sizes. Can we specify? Thanks :)
I just checked - we only have access to M/L version. We don’t have access to the S/M version from the manufacturer (I mean at OE level).
I’ll specify that on the drop downs. Thanks for highlighting that.

I paid the full amount on both of the bikes I ordered.
I’m also a founding member and paid in full last April. I think what your trying to say that their should be upgrade pricing for components that you have already purchased in advance. It’s not like your going on the Wattwagons site and building up a bike from scratch. Pushkar stated last week that he would be sending out an upgrade path/sheet with pricing to founding members. Hopefully we will see this very soon.

Hey guys to clarify - upgrades (eg moving from regular to carbon wheels, etc) will be extra. There will be sales tax charged on the extras (eg if the delta is $100, then the tax will be on the $100, not on the whole bike).
Please Let me know if this helps.

I do not have founders upgrade pricing yet. I’ll have a better sense once we build the prototype.

Hey guys to clarify - upgrades (eg moving from regular to carbon wheels, etc) will be extra. There will be sales tax charged on the extras (eg if the delta is $100, then the tax will be on the $100, not on the whole bike).
Please Let me know if this helps.

I do not have founders upgrade pricing yet. I’ll have a better sense once we build the prototype.
All good here, but the wait is killing me............

Excuse what is possibly a dumb question, but on the hydra pictures, I see the steerer extending quite a bit from the frame.
Is that a fixed standard height, in which case what is its size as it is not mentioned in the frame Diagram and table.
Or is the height of the steerer customizable?

Excuse what is possibly a dumb question, but on the hydra pictures, I see the steerer extending quite a bit from the frame.
Is that a fixed standard height, in which case what is its size as it is not mentioned in the frame Diagram and table.
Or is the height of the steerer customizable?
1. I prefer not cutting the steerer tubes tbh. We install spacers so users have flexibility to get the right height after they ride for a bit.
2. Yes steerer height can be reduced. If you have a preferred height we can cut to the right height before shipping.

Thanks, can you tell how far it extends at the max?
I was wondering because for small riders, even the small frame may be a bit high at the handlebar.
I was estimating it extends about 120mm right now which for a 27.5x2.8 wheel would put the handlebar around 109.4cm or 43.1 inches on the small frame.

It would actually be nice to be able to have some adjusting range for the handlebar height, but sliding the handle bar down the steerer would probably cause the steerer to interfere with the display...
I guess we could cut it ourselves after optimizing in person.
Thinking....

1. I prefer not cutting the steerer tubes tbh. We install spacers so users have flexibility to get the right height after they ride for a bit.
2. Yes steerer height can be reduced. If you have a preferred height we can cut to the right height before shipping.
What wheelset comes with the Hydra and what hubs are being used? Also if we order the cassette option what brand and level of components are we gettin?

Thanks!

The wheels are listed in the Component / Configuration table below the configurator.
The derailleur is a Shimano but no model is listed.
Hubs are not specified

Back