FS Watt Wagons

How’s production going with the second batch of bikes? I know several companies are having issues with parts shortages due to demand and are delaying delivery.
We are doing a smaller run for December song with the Helios. So some bikes (20-30) will ship in late December / early Jan.

Bigger frame order will be later in Jan / early Feb.

We have everything else ready to go.

@pushkar is the build/shipping date of mid December still on schedule for people who have ordered a Helios? If so, when will you be asking for the carbon frame price increase and color choice?

We are doing a smaller run for December song with the Helios. So some bikes (20-30) will ship in late December / early Jan.

Bigger frame order will be later in Jan / early Feb.

We have everything else ready to go.
So I am order #1181

I’m assuming I’m part of the later Jan / Feb batch vs earlier.

Hi Pushkar, I have 3 bikes on order , at least one special for my wife , maybe 3 , do you know approximately where are these items in the mix?

Just concerned with manufacturer that Barring issues, We are tracking initial batch of frames to be delivered end December. Slightly behind but tracking.

I’m waiting for the prototypes to come in before I send any invoices to founders.

BETTER TO HAVE GREATER POWER AND NOT NEED IT ...
than to need it and not have it.

That's my theory in ordering my Hydra with 2300 watts and throttle derestricted. My noob plan ( what do *I* know however ) is to ride the bike like a cautious old lady for quite some time, only try modest hills and not even try to use throttle-from-stop for quite some time. I think I'll not even try Sport setting for several days and lots of hours in the saddle. Still ... I know I am venturing into uncharted waters. 😯

Any advice from the more learned ( or even the peanut gallery ) would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)

BETTER TO HAVE GREATER POWER AND NOT NEED IT ...
than to need it and not have it.
I agree.
As for a advice, if you have never ridden motorcycle or other motorized 2 wheelers, then you are right, the best approach if to first get use to the power using only pedal assist. On street first from low assist to high assists, then same thing on trails. This will give you a natural control of the power and let you become accustomed to the power handling.
Once that is done, start enjoying the throttle :)

I agree.
As for a advice, if you have never ridden motorcycle or other motorized 2 wheelers, then you are right, the best approach if to first get use to the power using only pedal assist. On street first from low assist to high assists, then same thing on trails. This will give you a natural control of the power and let you become accustomed to the power handling.
Once that is done, start enjoying the throttle :)
Thank you for that. Helps my confidence. I rode motor cycles during three different periods of my life. All kinds. The last period however was in my latter fifties. I had a big KTM and rode a lot in wild as well as mild conditions. Also had a 450 thumper and my own track and jumps on my ranch. But ... and this is the big but ... I realized in those years that I was getting older and slower and less confident. This lead me to sell the bikes about 12 years ago. Now I know with this super bike I am going back to a version of that same scenario. And I'm 70. A pretty healthy and strong 70 but ... 70.

This is different then, Your biggest issue here wont be handling, but being careful to match your current condition, whatever that is.
Having ridden motorcycle, your brains knows what to do, you just need to validate what your body/brain can still execute :)

So all you need is be careful for a while to readjust your actions to your current reflex and physical condition.
But a light electric bike will be a lot easier to control and a lot more forgiving than a 450thumper. I think you will be fine and be able to rekindle with the fun of it with a lot less risk :)

This is different then, Your biggest issue here wont be handling, but being careful to match your current condition, whatever that is.
Having ridden motorcycle, your brains knows what to do, you just need to validate what your body/brain can still execute :)

So all you need is be careful for a while to readjust your actions to your current reflex and physical condition.
But a light electric bike will be a lot easier to control and a lot more forgiving than a 450thumper. I think you will be fine and be able to rekindle with the fun of it with a lot less risk :)
I do have one suspected problem though. Throttle on left and for the thumb. Having only half a left thumb concerns me. Maybe put the throttle on the right but know that will be problematical as well.

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 3.43.54 PM.png

I do have one suspected problem though. Throttle on left and for the thumb. Having only half a left thumb concerns me. Maybe put the throttle on the right but know that will be problematical as well.

View attachment 72865
Why would the thumb throttle on the right be a problem?
Also, you could change to a half twist on the right, Familiar motorcycle type :)

Why would the thumb throttle on the right be a problem?
Also, you could change to a half twist on the right, Familiar motorcycle type :)
Thanks, yeah these are the things I'm thinking about. Half twist throttle on right is very likely what I should do.

Protect your frame. I’ll be adding All Mountain Style frame guards to my bike once it comes in. Comes in different colors and styles. I’m going with standard black.

View attachment 72865
Looks like you took that picture at 3:45. 😁

Growing up I rode ATCs (3-wheelers) where the throttle was a horizontal thumb throttle on the right under the handlebar. When I rode a motorcycle for the first time I wasn't used to it, gassed the motorcycle on a slight jump, flew over the handlebars when I hit the brakes and ended up with a slight concussion. So it's all in whatever is most comfortable for the individual.

Back