FS Watt Wagons

"you" ... as in 'me' Pushkar? I don'ts do no programing suh. I'se just a simple man who only uses Mac computers. So what would you suggest?
Me on the other hand do programming for a living, using a Mac (with a parallels Windows VM), So am happy to learn I can program it myself to my liking :).

I see it has Eco and Sport which is exactly what I wanted, perfect.

I use mac too tbh..
but i had to buy a PC just for this...

ze germans like ze windows.
Used to be a PC guy, still have one in the garage, but Parallels is a wonderful thing on the Mac, just 3 finger swipe between Window and Mac as needed. Hope they get it working on the new M1 macs.

You're programmer looks to be Winforms based, is the SDK .Net based for the Archon?

Used to be a PC guy, still have one in the garage, but Parallels is a wonderful thing on the Mac, just 3 finger swipe between Window and Mac as needed. Hope they get it working on the new M1 macs.
Parallels is awesome.

Though you are right - with the M1, I am not sure if this particular SW will run on it. I would love to port to to the Mac.

OK, i just

Gotcha

Yes we can do that scenario for sure. That is the way to set it up using the programming cable. :)
These are the things that make me rethink my choices. However, as long as you buy the firmware upgrade, could you start out with a 750 or 1000 and pay the difference down the road if you decided to upgrade to 2300 for a setting 5 like this if you ever found it necessary?

Also, will you reach out before our bikes are built to do a final build confirmation? I purchased within hours of the announcement and I know you’ve made some changes/options available since.

These are the things that make me rethink my choices. However, as long as you buy the firmware upgrade, could you start out with a 750 or 1000 and pay the difference down the road if you decided to upgrade to 2300 for a setting 5 like this if you ever found it necessary?

Also, will you reach out before our bikes are built to do a final build confirmation? I purchased within hours of the announcement and I know you’ve made some changes/options available since.
Yes you can upgrade wattage at a later date.

Yes I will reach out before the build starts. Tons of tweaks and options. So absolutely!

No worries. If you want to set profiles in a particular way, please let me know and I can ensure it is set up the right way before we ship.
I'll just have to go with 'standard' I guess. I'd have no idea how to set profiles. Can that standard profile be described?

I popped open YouTube and whaddya know...a sweet video of the new Hydra. It's nice to see how serious Pushkar takes every detail around the components.

Beautiful frame and very nice integration. IGH and 29x2.6 tire options are great to have.

You really should make a belt version(assuming that the igh versions are using a chain).

Great Video!
Friendly suggestion for these Video, Replace 50% of the footage of you by footage of the bike :)
The bike is really what people want to see, and I think there is too little time spent on it.

Another suggestion: We know you are terribly excited as are we all over the Hydra but ... You might try to speak just a little bit more slowly. Especially near the end of sentences you tend to clip your words and for we listening on ordinary sound reproduction devices it occasionally comes out a bit garbled. My apologies for being critical. Born this way. 🥴

Pushkar,
i’m thinking more about hardwired lights that work off of the main battery and I was wondering if they are going to be an option for my Hydra coming in January.
thanks in advance
Gary

Pushkar,
i’m thinking more about hardwired lights that work off of the main battery and I was wondering if they are going to be an option for my Hydra coming in January.
thanks in advance
Gary
I am also interested in knowing about that.
In the accessory page below it list the Supernova M99 Pro (Wired), and I would like to know if that means we can hard wire them to the battery somewhere on the harness
Lights – Watt Wagons

And while on the subject, do any of the rear light on that page have brake light, as I believe the Bafang Harness has a connector for that.

To the guys inquiring about comparisons between the BBSHD ( Luna Hot Rod tuning 1500w ) and the Ultra with the Archon X1 upgrade ( 1000w ) I can give a little insight.
I went with the 1000w version as the power curve looked as good or better than my BBSHD. Hoping for the best.

I can honestly say I like the Ultra better.

Pro:
PAS is ALOT smoother
Motor built into frame
Narrower profile between crankarms (5")
Drivetrain is phsyically closer to frame
More energy efficient ( could of made a smaller battery, less weight etc. ) Probably will last 2x as long
Makes me actually have to pedal more for the PAS to engage, better workout
Availibility to reprogram to my specs to fine tune
Controller warrenty to some extent

Con:
2x more expensive especially with controller upgrade, program cable and update program and availibility
Propriatary controller software
Stock throttle way to weak for off-road, Unlock throttle for full wattage +$100 really?
Noiser than the BBSHD
Much more pedal strikes.

My old hardtail bike ( BBSHD ) was a Surly Wednesday ( steel frame ) running 4" fat tires and a Sturmy Archer IGH 3spd on the rear. 36t in front and 20t on rear. Wren 110mm fork on the front. Pretty bulletproof and with a 38ah battery inside the main triangle I would typically run in PAS 2 level 90% of the time and throttle ALOT and could go 40 miles easy. Bike weighed in at 74.84 lbs.

Current bike WW Travelanche (carbon frame ) running 3" tires and a 11 spd Shimano Deore XT drivetrain. 38t in the front and a 10/42 in the rear. Wren 150mm fork on front. 34.5ahr battery fit inside main triangle. Usually run in PAS 3 level 100% of the time. Very smooth on accelerating and you can pedal hard and get a little "whip" forward to get you through a tougher section. I have a ton of pedal strikes I'm guessing due to the rear flex causing the motor to drop lower to the ground. Center of axle spindle is 1" higher than the hardtail but it doesen't flex so stays constant. I use to just throttle and blow through these sections not anymore.

Rode the BBSHD for about 3 years or so ( all off-road ) and I still love it but as I get older (62) slowing down a bit and having to work a bit more actaully sounds ok.
I would change over in a heartbeat again just maybe do it all a different way. Thanks for listening

Last edited:
To the guys inquiring about comparisons between the BBSHD ( Luna Hot Rod tuning 1500w ) and the Ultra with the Archon X1 upgrade ( 1000w ) I can give a little insight.
I went with the 1000w version as the power curve looked as good or better than my BBSHD. Hoping for the best.

I can honestly say I like the Ultra better.

Pro:
PAS is ALOT smoother
Motor built into frame
Narrower profile between crankarms (5")
Drivetrain is phsyically closer to frame
More energy efficient ( could of made a smaller battery, less weight etc. ) Probably will last 2x as long
Makes me actually have to pedal more for the ASs to engage, better workout
Availibility to reprogram to my specs to fine tune
Controller warrenty to some extent

Con:
2x more expensive especially with controller upgrade, program cable and update program and availibility
Propriatary controller software
Stock throttle way to weak for off-road, Unlock throttle for full wattage +$100 really?
Noiser than the BBSHD
Much more pedal strikes.

My old hardtail bike ( BBSHD ) was a Surly Wednesday ( steel frame ) running 4" fat tires and a Sturmy Archer IGH 3spd on the rear. 36t in front and 20t on rear. Wren 100mm fork on the front. Pretty bulletproof and with a 38ah battery inside the main triangle I would typically run in PAS 2 level 90% of the time and throttle ALOT and could go 40 miles easy. Bike weighed in at 74.84 lbs.

Current bike WW Travelanche (carbon frame ) running 3" tires and a 11 spd Shimano Deore XT drivetrain. 38t in the front and a 10/42 in the rear. Wren 150mm fork on front. 34.5ahr battery fit inside main triangle. Usually run in PAS 3 level 100% of the time. Very smooth on accelerating and you can pedal hard and get a little "whip" forward to get you through a tougher section. I have a ton of pedal strikes I'm guessing due to the rear flex causing the motor to drop lower to the ground. Center of axle spindle is 1" higher than the hardtail but it doesen't flex so stays constant. I use to just throttle and blow through these sections not anymore.

Rode the BBSHD for about 3 years or so ( all off-road ) and I still love it but as I get older (62) slowing down a bit and having to work a bit more actaully sounds ok.
I would change over in a heartbeat again just maybe do it all a different way. Thanks for listening
Pedal strikes(i.e. BB height) is not motor dependant but is frame dependant.

Pushkar,

How do you think 26 inch wheels with 26X2.8 tires would work on the Hydra? I’m thinking of getting a set as a second set of wheels for the bike.

Your absolutely correct pedal strikes are frame related. Having a different motor in the same frame would be the same result I'm sure.
But... Having a weak throttle on this motor makes this motor much more dependent on pedaling, hence the pedal strikes. When normally the throttle would get you through the tougher sections. Thanks for the correction JMO.

Back