Frey

Mark you may already know this but when having range issues #1 Confirm max pressure in your tires, super moto x tires should be 55 lbs. And #2 Confirm wheels are free spinning with no caliper drag etc. Yes basic stuff but no one mentioned it yet! Good luck and let us know when you can get it working properly.
It appears early cc bikes battery cutoff is set to high, Frey sent me a cable to program to lower cutoff, waiting on the software, this should fix my range issue
All the best
Mark

Good to hear Mark. I guess I'll find out if my CC has similar issues. Already on the slow boat from China with the other US group buy orders. Frey said it should be here early to mid May.

Good to hear Mark. I guess I'll find out if my CC has similar issues. Already on the slow boat from China with the other US group buy orders. Frey said it should be here early to mid May.
I understand the current CC bikes are programmed at lower cutoff
Best
Mark

Hey Tom
Got the new lock installed, replaced after theft, now my bike is powered all the time, key removed?
Turn on display and go, put a fresh battery in charged to 85% checking mileage now looks better so far 48v at 9 miles
Also I had at 40mph today, hate the torque sensor
I think my controller has a glitch

I assume the key is only to secure the battery as opposed to functioning as a circuit breaker.

Sounds like battery is working better now? Not sure I follow the rest of your post.

Since this thread seems to be most recently about the Frey CC, this seems to be the best place to post this

A possible reliable direct-from-China vendor besides Frey

Under Covid19 lockdown in my senior community, awaiting the arrival of the Frey CC I ordered last December under the USA group shipping incentive, I’ve had a lot of time lately to contemplate and rationalize this expensive purchase decision. I’ve concluded it wasn’t a logical process at all, but more of a spur of the moment emotional spirit of the Holidays thing based almost entirely on the way it looked, thinking it would fill all the missing pieces the acoustic Fat bike (a KHS 500 which cost about 20% of the Frey) I bought a few years ago for low joint impact aerobic exercise, lacked. While this almost never works out well with women (i.e., judging quality and compatibility solely by looks and gut feel), bicycles and motorcycles are mostly completely different I’m sure.

In the meantime, in perusing the net I see an alternative to Frey as a potentially reliable direct-from-China bike source may have sprung up, namely Leili; See:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...etails.deiletai6.8.24d09GCx9GCx2W&bypass=true

who seems to have established a US representative agent called Bikonit. See

https://bikonit.com/pages/about-us

for a bunch of slightly overwrought marketing words explaining who they are. Interestingly though, their flagship US launch product, model md 1000:

https://bikonit.com/products/copy-of-bikonit-md-1000

bears a strikingly eerie resemblance to the WW EBR subgroup committee camel spec'd model with its dual battery Ultra Bafang kevlar belt/IGH drive train. It appears the Bikonit business model is to import and market bikes finished at the factory, while Biktrix and I assume WW, inventories imported parts for local assembly allowing more rapid customization turnaround. I understand Zero motorcycles uses the latter approach as well, but mainly for quality control and maybe multiple supply chain sourcing reasons.

Just as Frey is the house factory for QuietKat/jeep, Leili seems to have similar branded silent partners (who, I can only guess) and now this potential US marketing/service support presence. Frey may also have a defacto US presence in Bolton since the full suspension mountain bikes he recently had in stock were clearly down spec’d AM1000’s.

There is also a very peculiar video on the Bikonit site showing nary a single bike, but a mountain man survivalist guy and his dog, in a cabin in some unknown woods mostly cooking up high caloric but highly healthy meals and working on his cabin with wistfully misty high overhead drone shots. Might be an early warning bad sign.

Hopefully my CC will arrive shortly without any major glitches. Since this will be my first electric bicycle, I'm not sure what my emotional response is likely be to its torque sensor tuning --- I'm guessing probably not hate since with its skinnier tires compared to the Fat bike I'm used to, she's going to handle like a ballerina.

Keep Healthy

Looking forward to a good user review. :)

@JCofMN, I'm confused, there are a lot of vendors on alibaba selling bikes. Go to alibaba and type in dual battery bafang ultra belt drive and you'll get quite a few hits.

The reason for dealing with Frey is they are one of the only reputable vendors on alibaba. The rest are a crapshoot. US rep doesn't mean jack s*it. More about what components they spec, how good are the batteries, etc. The devil is in the details.

That bikonit has to be one of the fugliest dual battery bikes ever. Looks nothing like the WW superbike. Closer to a biktrix in fugliness, but even biktrix aren't that fugly.

What is your source that Frey is the house factory for QuietKat? Very doubtful.

Just for grins look at bikonit's highest priced offering. They are pairing a Bafang Ultra with a Sturney Archer 5 Speed IGH 😅 :eek: :rolleyes:

That's the same IGH in the Luna BABE. Note Luna won't offer their higher powered controller with that IGH, only the stock M600 motor. Imagine what the Ultra will do to it.

Just for grins look at bikonit's highest priced offering. They are pairing a Bafang Ultra with a Sturney Archer 5 Speed IGH 😅 :eek: :rolleyes:

That's the same IGH in the Luna BABE. Note Luna won't offer their higher powered controller with that IGH, only the stock M600 motor. Imagine what the Ultra will do to it.
That's a disaster waiting to happen....

What is your source that Frey is the house factory for QuietKat? Very doubtful.
I believe Micah Toll mentioned the connection in his write up on Elektrek about the Jeep branded e-bikes that QuietKat is behind.

Not sure if the collaboration extends beyond this specific project for Jeep

Thanks, I missed that. Seems to be a FREY Fat 1000 FS with integrated battery. The mock up used for the commercial (without integrated battery) and the QuietKat RidgeRunner look like the FREY Fat 1000 2.0 FS:

1588021758312.png

1588022348445.png

1588021797256.png

Thanks, I missed that. Seems to be a FREY Fat 1000 FS with integrated battery. The mock up used for the commercial (without integrated battery) and the QuietKat RidgeRunner look like the FREY Fat 1000 2.0 FS:

View attachment 50987

View attachment 50990

View attachment 50988
Yes, they do look identical. But that also a common frame use bike many Chinese manufacturers on Alibaba.

Supposedly Frey holds some patents on their rear suspension so not sure if others would be able to clone it.

Right, but I think it's unlikely that QuietKat or Jeep would risk copying / trademarking it unless they were sourcing the bikes from Frey.

The Fire-Link™ suspension has all the tractive capability you’ve come to expect from the Jeep® brand.

Back