Frey

Hello guys. I’m Simon from England in the United Kingdom and just joined the forum here. I work closely with Frey and bring the bikes in to the UK through my company Adrenaline eBikes for my customers wishing to buy them in the UK and I provide them with support and technical expertise on the whole range of Frey bikes. I was out in China riding all their model in September last year so have quite a lot of experience with both the newer CC and EX models and I’d also had my own AM1000 that I’d been riding for a year. I’ve done over 800 miles on my AM1000 and have reprogrammed the Bafang controller, stripped and regreased it and done all number of other upgrades along the way. Happy to help answer any questions you good folks have!

Just curious to how you would get around riding these Frey bikes on the street. I understand that government restrictions prohibit 1000 watt motors for commuting purposes. I also understand that the Frey CC was made for commuting. How do they get around this in the UK, Canada or the US?

No. But in the case of any sort of accident or minor infraction the authorities could check.

Install a sticker on the motor stating restricted to 500 w and 32 km/hr. (Canadian regulation) program the low setting to the regulations and open up the top settings. as long as you are on the lower settings you are legal. sort of??

Back