Frey

Have you resorted to swapping out the mini bar as a last gasp effort?

IMG_20200506_160038.jpg

Seriously though, sorry the CC is not working out for you! I don't think you're asking enough for it including spare battery but that's a great buy for anyone looking for a CC in your neck of the woods.

The first thing to do is find other CC users and validate if they experience the same battery situation or not.

@Mark Tunis , have you also contacted Frey and asked them if your findings are normal?
You also mentioned charging to 85%, have you tried charging to 100%?

The first thing to do is find other CC users and validate if they experience the same battery situation or not.

@Mark Tunis , have you also contacted Frey and asked them if your findings are normal?
You also mentioned charging to 85%, have you tried charging to 100%?
From his previous posts, it looks like he has been in continuous communication with Frey

O.K. tomdav,

You've taken your CC to the garden and the bar... but any ride reports? Inquiring minds want to know!
Not yet. More thunderstorms and rain today. The rest of the week is looking good though for an extended ride!

1588807766607.png

Reactions: TMH
@JCofMN, I'm confused, there are a lot of vendors on alibaba selling bikes. Go to alibaba and type in dual battery bafang ultra belt drive and you'll get quite a few hits.

The reason for dealing with Frey is they are one of the only reputable vendors on alibaba. The rest are a crapshoot. US rep doesn't mean jack s*it. More about what components they spec, how good are the batteries, etc. The devil is in the details.

That bikonit has to be one of the fugliest dual battery bikes ever. Looks nothing like the WW superbike. Closer to a biktrix in fugliness, but even biktrix aren't that fugly.

What is your source that Frey is the house factory for QuietKat? Very doubtful.

Bolton apparently agrees with you on the "Fugliness" factor since he's nicknamed the hub and mid ultra drive models he's importing as Warthogs (reference to A10 low altitude attack bomber used in Desert Storm and not lion prey). See:

Among the reasons Frey has the reputation it has in the community (however this community defines itself for there seems to some peculiar insider dogma on what's good and bad on all matters related to ebikes), is that several years ago some lone early adopter took a chance and ordered an AM1000 direct from China and reported how well it turned out, on another enthusiasts' forum. A tipping point tipped and the AM1000 went through 5 generations of development allowing Frey the wherewithal to offer the CC and EX today.

Ive had it with my CC, if anyone wants a CC with 50 miles and a extra battery for 2000.00 give me a call
Bike is in florida
770-212-0865
Best
Mark
If i was in florida i would buy it as a experiment bike, this is a great deal for someone.

Bolton apparently agrees with you on the "Fugliness" factor since he's nicknamed the hub and mid ultra drive models he's importing as Warthogs (reference to A10 low altitude attack bomber used in Desert Storm and not lion prey). See:

Can't believe that guy is selling those bikes for $4500 as pre-order.

Anyone can purchase that of Alibaba for $2300 + shipping. If he purchases 10+, it will give him some buying leverage and some sort of transaction history with that company.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Fat-Tire-E-Bike-48V-1000W_62180179756.html?bypass=true

Still, fascinating to see what happens when you start a YouTube channel and this pre-order game...

Can't believe that guy is selling those bikes for $4500 as pre-order.

Anyone can purchase that of Alibaba for $2300 + shipping. If he purchases 10+, it will give him some buying leverage and some sort of transaction history with that company.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Fat-Tire-E-Bike-48V-1000W_62180179756.html?bypass=true

Still, fascinating to see what happens when you start a YouTube channel and this pre-order game...

Indeed what succeeds or fails with crowd/herd momentum internet marketing is quite strange, both in politics and the ebike biz.

See:

https://electrek.co/2020/05/23/the-story-lectric-ebikes-lectric-xp-founders/

for a success story about the latter.

The keys for them according to the article was hitting the sweet spot in price vs performance and targeting the broader non-bike-ebike enthusiast audience.

I’ve got to believe price does eventually matter though, even for the super enthusiasts reading this forum in their quest for their dream unicorn bike, but then once you’ve tossed the spaghetti up on the ceiling, you never know which noodles are going to stick.

Hey all
I have not gotten the performance I expected but I also didn’t yet program the display which may send instructions to the bike and motor. Watch the YouTube video on setting the display on the am1000. One thing was speed.i had not set the display to tell the motor to provide more speed. The YouTube video shows double clicking I think the plus button and changing all different settings like wheel size,speed,assistances to 1-9 ect. Look at the YouTube videos to make the bike work the way we thought it would.
Good luck
Also a bike company that gets a motor and makes it work better it is said that if one has a programming cable it is possible to tweak the motor programming but always save and be really sure of what your doing

Hey all
I have not gotten the performance I expected but I also didn’t yet program the display which may send instructions to the bike and motor. Watch the YouTube video on setting the display on the am1000. One thing was speed.i had not set the display to tell the motor to provide more speed. The YouTube video shows double clicking I think the plus button and changing all different settings like wheel size,speed,assistances to 1-9 ect. Look at the YouTube videos to make the bike work the way we thought it would.
Good luck
Also a bike company that gets a motor and makes it work better it is said that if one has a programming cable it is possible to tweak the motor programming but always save and be really sure of what your doing
Link to YouTube video please

I hope it helps a little. It’s how to access the display for my Frey am1000. 5.0 I just got.
No guarantees that it is a solution but setting up the display is of course a good thing
Jb

Back