Frey

Mark, any updates? Have you tried cycling the batteries a few times to see if range improves?

I contacted Ivy at Frey as this was concerning. Just heard back. Their test result was ~22 miles so about double what you were seeing. BTW, hope you got your bike back!

Ivy from Frey said:
Here I confirm you our test for CC bike range under SPORT MODE full throttle power, it lasts 36kms. if use by PAS, it will last much more distance. maybe 60,70 kms depend on how you ride the bike and the terrain and the loading weight etc.

Hope it is clear to you.

About the buyer who told it last short distance, we will follow it, but he told his bike just was stolen recent days.

Hello guys. I’m Simon from England in the United Kingdom and just joined the forum here. I work closely with Frey and bring the bikes in to the UK through my company Adrenaline eBikes for my customers wishing to buy them in the UK and I provide them with support and technical expertise on the whole range of Frey bikes. I was out in China riding all their model in September last year so have quite a lot of experience with both the newer CC and EX models and I’d also had my own AM1000 that I’d been riding for a year. I’ve done over 800 miles on my AM1000 and have reprogrammed the Bafang controller, stripped and regreased it and done all number of other upgrades along the way. Happy to help answer any questions you good folks have!
Hey Simon, I live in the US, and Since you've had experience on the Frey bikes, have you had a chance to ride the Frey CC? I'm looking for a commuter/camping bike. Something I can ride to work on a daily basis about 10 miles each way, that can handle some intermediate off road use. How does the CC handle off road? I know it's not a mountain bike, but it looks like it's almost one. Other than the step through frame, how much different is the CC from the AM1000?

Really seems like something is wrong with your bike, the mileage is really low and i have owned a rad rover and the power on the ultra is not less

1 thing on my bike is it came stock with the throttle set at 40% max power, so i changed that and the throttle is very powerful, but you still should be doing fine with pas power wise

something just seems off
How do you change throttle power?
Thanks
Mark

Hi folks, i just received photos for my CC, and was told they'd ship next week. So im thinking 3 or 4 week delay from the original April 10 US delivery date. Thank you to Tomdav by the way for posting the Frey update a while back as i did not receive it personally. Im a 52 yo "ex" mountain biker who still owns and occasionally rides the XT equipped mountain bike i bought in 1990. I am demanding on detail and quality and will post my opinions when i receive this thing!

Attachments

• 微信图片_20200324165239 (1).jpg
    微信图片_20200324165239 (1).jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 407
Hello everyone, I also just received pictures for my CC bike. I can't wait to ride it and I will post what is my experience with it and opinions. I find this forum very useful and educative and thank you to everyone who posts information.

Attachments

• FreyLeft_Mar-25-2020.jpg
    FreyLeft_Mar-25-2020.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 432
  • FreyRight_Mar-25-2020.jpg
    FreyRight_Mar-25-2020.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 433
The headsets are Gineyea, not Neco H383. Im a bit bummed by this, i hope Gineyea makes a good sealed bearing headset?!

My eyes aren't that good lol. I emailed them to confirm whether they are substituting any parts not shown as standard spec on their product page:

1585255473442.png

Frey replied back in regards to the headset on the CC:

the specification showed on our website is edited incorrectly, and now it has been changed.
CC always comes with the Gineyea headset and sealed bearings.

I did examine closely and everything looks per spec sheet. I didn't specify a tire and they gave me Schwalbe Super-moto X, which seem perfect. We'll be ready to rock and roll in a month!

Hi everyone. I've read through this thread a couple of times and looked at the Frey website. It's hard for me to determine the differences in some of the models. I wish there was some kind of comparison chart. I'm leaning toward the AM1000 or Hunter. Hey, tomdav, did you cancel the order of your CC?

I did want to mention how great FREY has been through this process. I couldn't get alibaba to work correctly and add upgrades, and Ivy responded quickly to my e mail and had an accurate alibaba invoice to me immediately. When contacted during Jinhua's business hours they've responded immediately with zero language barrier. Truly a privilege so far. Of course i haven't received my bike yet lol! US group order CC bike \m/

Hey everybody, I finally got my stolen recovered CC back from the sheriffs property office, took weeks, I think they wanted to keep it,
Anyway, thief jimmied the lock with a screwdriver so I gotta fix it to turn it off, won’t take my key, levy got right back to me, will hear Monday
Charged it and rode it , still battery range issue, less noise , maybe a cassette issue
Best
Mark

Hey everybody, I finally got my stolen recovered CC back from the sheriffs property office, took weeks, I think they wanted to keep it,
Anyway, thief jimmied the lock with a screwdriver so I gotta fix it to turn it off, won’t take my key, levy got right back to me, will hear Monday
Charged it and rode it , still battery range issue, less noise , maybe a cassette issue
Best
Mark
Mark you may already know this but when having range issues #1 Confirm max pressure in your tires, super moto x tires should be 55 lbs. And #2 Confirm wheels are free spinning with no caliper drag etc. Yes basic stuff but no one mentioned it yet! Good luck and let us know when you can get it working properly.

Hi everyone. I've read through this thread a couple of times and looked at the Frey website. It's hard for me to determine the differences in some of the models. I wish there was some kind of comparison chart. I'm leaning toward the AM1000 or Hunter. Hey, tomdav, did you cancel the order of your CC?
I didn't cancel as Frey wanted to charge a $200 cancellation fee despite a backlog of orders and freeing up a container slot allowing them to ship to another customer faster. I figured I might as well enjoy the CC while waiting a while for pushkar's superbike.

I didn't cancel as Frey wanted to charge a $200 cancellation fee despite a backlog of orders and freeing up a container slot allowing them to ship to another customer faster. I figured I might as well enjoy the CC while waiting a while for pushkar's superbike.
Good to hear, I'm looking forward to your impressions of it.

Give me a shout if you need to make room in your garage for the WW, I hope to be back in the market if the virus is done throwing curve balls at my family by then. I haven't seen, does pushkar have an ETA yet?

Back