Frey EX Is Finally Ready...

So, having been fleeced for £632.50, its finally on its way... oh the joys haha.... :)

1603983909441.png

Well Taylor, put it this way, 2 bikes on the same flight, one got stung for taxes, and the other didn't..... Which one would you prefer?

what the actual F**K? how has that happened? is the duty, not a result of how much the bike was on the invoice? my invoice said $800

i really hope this gets sorted out or Frey help out with it
I think the total cost is based on value of bike + shipping.., and then you pay duties and VAT on the total of that... so all in all a bit of a bummer but what can you do... Its an estimated invoice, a final one comes later so I can query it in the meantime... plus, if unpaid, they return the bike after 5 days, (On day 3 now) and that was the last thing I wanted!

Hopefully it'll turn up tomorrow or so, and then just the batteries to go :)

I think the total cost is based on value of bike + shipping.., and then you pay duties and VAT on the total of that... so all in all a bit of a bummer but what can you do... Its an estimated invoice, a final one comes later so I can query it in the meantime... plus, if unpaid, they return the bike after 5 days, (On day 3 now) and that was the last thing I wanted!

Hopefully it'll turn up tomorrow or so, and then just the batteries to go :)
i feel for you, hope you get something back at least, i wouldn't be happy but like you say its that close and you have waited that long what can you do? my tracking code still doesn't work for the batteries either.

at least the invoice says $800 for the bike frame (as it's described) so you might get something back?

Yeah on mine its same value $800 but it says "Bike", so maybe i've been hit different with duties, not too sure. I'm going to wait until I receive it and check if its been opened!! I don't want to argue and then they say, well, we've seen this in the internet at 4k!!! Then I'm left wishing I'd kept my mouth shut haha :D;) To be honest, once the batteries turn up I'll forget all about it, I'll just be happy to have my bike at last.

My tracking code appears to work for batteries but nothing has changed in 2 weeks now so I'm not sure what is going on. I was told 15-20 days, so should be expecting them any day now.

Yeah on mine its same value $800 but it says "Bike", so maybe i've been hit different with duties, not too sure. I'm going to wait until I receive it and check if its been opened!! I don't want to argue and then they say, well, we've seen this in the internet at 4k!!! Then I'm left wishing I'd kept my mouth shut haha :D;) To be honest, once the batteries turn up I'll forget all about it, I'll just be happy to have my bike at last.

My tracking code appears to work for batteries but nothing has changed in 2 weeks now so I'm not sure what is going on. I was told 15-20 days, so should be expecting them any day now.
as long as you are semi happy haha, must admit when its all there and your riding it, you wont give a s*it about the extra haha, i have contacted UPS with my tracking number and there saying it should be 18 digits long, mines 16? i have contacted Frey again about this.

my tracking number - 1ZA4706X68613732

batteries stuck in Hungary now, cmon people sort your s*it out -

Label Created15/10/2020 14:04HungaryOrder Processed: Ready for UPS

My bike arrived today!!! Happy as a pig in s***t...:p😁. It looks like Customs did open the box. But everything was fine, turned up in good condition.

I have to admit I had it out of the box and started building it before even thinking of taking a photo haha.... :)

The blooming batteries are annoying... its all ready to go except batteries.

On UPS website it just says Label created. So I'd guess that UPS don't even have the batteries yet... So are we waiting for them to go China > Hungary, and then Hungary > UK? ... I can't understand that but it looks like it from tracking info.

Can only cross fingers and hope they turn up soon.

hahaha brilliant, the main part has arrived :cool:, Frey did say 15-20 days for the batteries but that cant be right, mine says 7kg but i am expecting 2 batteries.

both of our tracking are saying the same, i really hope it updates and then all of a sudden they just turn up. i really want to get out on it before all the shocking weather sets in.

i was going to remove the stand but finding it very helpful at the minute lol

Yeah same for me 7kg, 2 batteries.... Hopefully it is just a tracking thing and the batteries are moving but its annoying not knowing... especially when they could have sent them months ago.

The stand is massive, I was thinking of doing the same!!! Saying that, the whole bike is big (XL Frame :D). Makes my other bike looks tiny in comparison. I'm glad i got a dropper post because I'm no gymnast, and getting my leg over otherwise would be a chore lol

so the 7kg is correct for 2 batteries, that's good news then. it is annoying there is no real-time tracking.

they are quite heavy even with no batts in. don't make sense not sending the batts out months ago especially if they have already been paid for?

the next questions will be how and what do we need to alter the settings? I have the cable and a couple of youtube videos but no program?

yeah it is quite heavy... this bike with no batteries is as heavy as my other bike with the battery... add another 7kg, and it will be quite a beast. Definitely don't want to crash into anyone lol

I'm going to find out about the settings, I think Frey will provide the app if you ask and there are a couple of "Perfect Settings" floating around on forums so worth trying them out.

I'll share whatever I find out and we will get this sorted!

I would definitely appreciate any info on the settings side of things, I did create a post about some settings I found from Britrix, although some guys have been saying ride the bike first then tweak as necessary, and don't change everything at once. which makes sense but on the other hand it would be good to have settings that people are already happy with :cool:

I would definitely appreciate any info on the settings side of things, I did create a post about some settings I found from Britrix, although some guys have been saying ride the bike first then tweak as necessary, and don't change everything at once. which makes sense but on the other hand it would be good to have settings that people are already happy with :cool:
Keep in mind that "other people" settings can be as far off as the original Bafang settings. This should be about YOUR settings. Not that hard. Fix ONE problem at a time. Be glad to help if I can.

Software is a no brainer. I posted a link here, with links to some notes by a couple of guys that have this already figure out:

waiting for these batteries is getting on my tits now, 16 days stuck in Hungary apparently, with no update...

Tell me about it.... I ain't going to lie, I couldn't wait so I done a lap around the block with no power :) , bike feels good but it would feel much better with some electricity running through it!! haha

A UPS van pulled up outside my house this morning too, got all excited, and then watched as he went to a neighbors house :rolleyes:

I hope that 15-20 day estimate is somewhere near right, and it'll arrive any day now but the tracking info is just rubbish... I'll be pissed if it hasn't been posted yet!!

I'm going to ask Cecilia if its normal to have no update on it after so long.

I haven't even put pedals on mine yet I refuse to use it without power lol, gutted about the UPS van.

it's looking like Boris is going to lock the country down on Thursday so I hope that doesn't affect deliveries, tbh Europe is in the s*it atm so the UPS might have issues??

I feel Cecilia only answers some things and goes around the houses when she wants to, she has helped me about 90% of the time but other times it felt like selected hearing.

Back