Frey EX Is Finally Ready...

No nothing like it... I thought 3, then 4, and now 5 months. They have blew past every expectation I had of when I was going to receive this bike. But it will be about 5 months in total by the time I have the bike and batteries to use it. Honestly, it has all been a ball-ache in some ways, because the reasons for the delays were never really given. Just kind of left hanging waiting for things to happen.

The most annoying part is, I watched others who ordered at same time start receiving their bikes a month ago.

Last edited:
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-16 at 14.55.24.jpeg

So you are expecting a 6 month wait from time of order?
That's been the story with the unbadged Frey AM 1000 I'm buying from Bolton Ebikes if you count the time from when Kyle ordered them. And that was for a bulk order. Seems individual orders directly from Frey take the same amount of time. I'm sure Frey puts their biggest accounts at the head of the line. The companies that order bikes by the hundred.

That's been the story with the unbadged Frey AM 1000 I'm buying from Bolton Ebikes if you count the time from when Kyle ordered them. And that was for a bulk order. Seems individual orders directly from Frey take the same amount of time. I'm sure Frey puts their biggest accounts at the head of the line. The companies that order bikes by the hundred.
Hopefully you have another Ebike you can ride while you wait?

Great stuff... I received my tracking numbers as well. Looks like we will receive our bikes on the same day!

Also, didn't know this before, but it looks like the batteries are coming from Hungary. So hopefully they arrive sooner rather than later!

Capture.JPG

Great stuff... I received my tracking numbers as well. Looks like we will receive our bikes on the same day!

Also, didn't know this before, but it looks like the batteries are coming from Hungary. So hopefully they arrive sooner rather than later!

View attachment 68806
yes the batteries are being shipped via UPS, Frey have given me the tracking No for bike & batteries but the UPS tracking isnt bringing anything up yet, maybe because they are still in china? hope not

have you managed to track both bike and batteries?

Yep, both numbers are working for me. Label created yesterday but shows no movement yet... And shows, Hungary! Not what I was expecting, I thought they were coming from China too, but closer is closer, so hopefully get here quicker! I checked the UPS Standard service, and I think its 3 days from Hungary, so we will see, perhaps both the bike and batteries will arrive around same time.

Capture.JPG

Yep, both numbers are working for me. Label created yesterday but shows no movement yet... And shows, Hungary! Not what I was expecting, I thought they were coming from China too, but closer is closer, so hopefully get here quicker! I checked the UPS Standard service, and I think its 3 days from Hungary, so we will see, perhaps both the bike and batteries will arrive around same time.

View attachment 68808
ahhh right, i am not getting that screen, try again tomorrow, but it looks like yours and mine have been sent at the same time so hopefully this might be a plus :cool:

View attachment 68808

Did you guys get your Freys yet?

Nope, nothing. Tracker doesn't give much info really, but apparently its been collected, and is or was "in transit", so it can't be far off. Its probably waiting to be processed through customs.

No change on the batteries either. It doesn't even look like they've been collected.

this is the tracking message i got last -
20/10/2020, 07:39Chek Lap KokThere's been a delay but we're working hard to deliver on time

getting a little pissed now, nearly 16 fecking weeks and it's stuck in Hong Kong

23/10/2020, 07:31Chek Lap KokThere's been a delay but we're working hard to deliver on time

Yeah the hold up is annoying... looks like its started going through customs now tho!

24/10/2020, 00:31Pre-arrival customs clearance process started.

At first I was told 2 Month Build Time 1 Month Delivery, but who knows, covid was rife by then and perhaps I shouldn't have been told that, an old sales script maybe...
Patience, little grasshopper! It seems like a childbirth, then when you're holding your little bundle of joy in your hands, or 50lb ebike that is :) all the past angst is forgotten.

Back