Frey cc. X5 9 speed.11.36T

Martyn

Region
United Kingdom
I ordered the Frey cc in April 2021 and received an email this week stating the NX11speed,11-42T won’t be in stock until 2022.However the X5 9 speed ,11-36T is in stock and would this bike be suitable?
Has anyone got any thought or comments as I’m unsure what exactly the difference is .If I accepted the latter they would give me a 69 dollar refund.
Thanks,
martyn

I ordered the Frey cc in April 2021 and received an email this week stating the NX11speed,11-42T won’t be in stock until 2022.However the X5 9 speed ,11-36T is in stock and would this bike be suitable?
Has anyone got any thought or comments as I’m unsure what exactly the difference is .If I accepted the latter they would give me a 69 dollar refund.
Thanks,
martyn
The biggest difference is you will be missing 2 granny gears for climbing, two gears you will probably never miss with that big ol Ultra motor! Its a far better option than getting your bike next year lol. This type of thing is very common now because so many components are back ordered.

Received my Frey cc mid September after placing my order in April(shipped by air).Unfortunately I won’t be able to ride the bike for a few months due to recent hip surgery.The bike was delivered to my home without any problem s and arrived in first class condition.It looks fantastic and was easy to assemble albeit not much to assemble.I ordered the bike in Matt black and it arrived at my home well packaged and protected without any marks or scratches on it.Sorry I can’t comment on the ride at the moment but will do so when fit and able.The communication with Frey was excellent keeping me updated with its build progress and answered all the questions I posed during the process.

I just ordered a Frey CC a few minutes ago from https://www.wexgear.com/e-bikes, the business owner confirmed it has the NX 11-42T gear - I don't know when he ordered it, but it is this year's model. His second shipment has the 11-36T 9 speed

I think I might need to the additional granny gear as I may intend attempting to ride it up some very steep inclines up to +/-45% especially with my size -- this will be dependent on how it manages lesser inclines first ;)

I just ordered a Frey CC a few minutes ago from https://www.wexgear.com/e-bikes, the business owner confirmed it has the NX 11-42T gear - I don't know when he ordered it, but it is this year's model. His second shipment has the 11-36T 9 speed

I think I might need to the additional granny gear as I may intend attempting to ride it up some very steep inclines up to +/-45% especially with my size -- this will be dependent on how it manages lesser inclines first ;)
how big a guy are you?

Back