FLX Blade 2.0

One must conclude that the FLX people tested the CRAP out of this system before deciding to add it to the Blade. I can only hope, because I ride the heck out of hills around here.

Hi. Has anyone received their Blade 2.0 yet? I see on their website that shipping is delayed with expected delivery in August. Is this their second batch or a big delay on the first orders? Was thinking about getting one forwarded from the US to NZ. Any update from those who have ordered would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Blade 2.0 delay.JPG
    Blade 2.0 delay.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 403
Hi. Has anyone received their Blade 2.0 yet? I see on their website that shipping is delayed with expected delivery in August. Is this their second batch or a big delay on the first orders? Was thinking about getting one forwarded from the US to NZ. Any update from those who have ordered would be much appreciated.

That's for the second batch. First batch just finished the x-ray exam and is clearing customs now. Rob says they should have them this week and will begin shipping immediately.

That's for the second batch. First batch just finished the x-ray exam and is clearing customs now. Rob says they should have them this week and will begin shipping immediately.
Thanks for quick response. Much appreciated. Great to hear the first batch is with buyers already.

Just got my tracking number too!
Actually I was wrong... I got a notification this AM from the “arrive” app (I didn’t even know I had that app) that was pretty generic that said “my package” was scheduled to deliver on Monday. I didn’t know what package it was referring to so I went to orders page and the only thing in there was my Blade 2.0 (I so got a similar notification when I placed the order) so I figured that’s what the nondescript tracking notice referred to...apparently not though. That’s my bad!
Good news is that they made it to the factory today and should be shipping out any day.
Sorry for the confusion!

Such a freaking pretty bike, can't wait to get on mine. Have you gotten on it yet? How's the overall feel in terms of riding position and whatnot?

Congrats, that's a gorgeous color. Almost seems like it has a slate blue tint to it.

UPS played pingpong with my Blade2 for a week and finally delivered it after I left town for a few days ... luckily someone was able to scoot it inside. The assembly was pretty straight forward, but it needed more attention than my expertise could provide. So down to the LBS. Did ride it up the road first as a test ride. Coming from an IZip and familiar with my wife’s Bosch system, the Blade feels like the best of both worlds. The bike trembles with unleashed power and on my short ride in Eco3 the power delivery seemed super smooth. Like all shops my LBS is flat out busy, however I bought all of my grandsons MTBs there and as a new bike they are giving it a once over today. More feedback if I get to ride it home this afternoon.

Reactions: TMH
I ordered at the very last minute when a champagne blade came available. Was my last choice, but I ordered it anyway ... now I’m looking for some matching pink shoes. Just kidding, but the color, or perhaps the bike itself, is already growing on me after spending only moments together...

UPS played pingpong with my Blade2 for a week and finally delivered it after I left town for a few days ... luckily someone was able to scoot it inside. The assembly was pretty straight forward, but it needed more attention than my expertise could provide. So down to the LBS. Did ride it up the road first as a test ride. Coming from an IZip and familiar with my wife’s Bosch system, the Blade feels like the best of both worlds.

The bike trembles with unleashed power and on my short ride in Eco3 the power delivery seemed super smooth. Like all shops my LBS is flat out busy, however I bought all of my grandsons MTBs there and as a new bike they are giving it a once over today. More feedback if I get to ride it home this afternoon.

Congrats on your Blade2.

Gotta love your literary flair... The bike trembles with unleashed power ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: TMH
I've been loving mine! It's definitely quite powerful, but given my size its just about perfect :) It rides honestly even smoother than my cruiser ebike with fat tires and a suspension fork. The saddle (even the 'comfort' one in the touring package) is quite hard though, I'm replacing that this coming week :)

Owning an ebike entails relearning many life lessons ... humility (which is super hard considering what you’re riding), and now patience (which is much easier considering what I’m not riding and have no choice). LBS was not able to get to my Blade today so I’m not getting to it either ... Monday is now “the day”.

When you browse these forums you begin to understand ... lots of stuff can go wrong with an ebike. I’ve been relatively crisis free if you don’t count a mangled derailleur. Now with my new Blade2 I had it all put together, charged the battery, and ... nothing, no power to the controller. My mind immediately flips to all the problems I’ve read about here and could not determine the problem. Walked away for a bit and then returned to try following all the wiring ... even a “shoemaker” mechanic like me can have an epiphany, just had to plug the controller lead into the appropriate power lead and the bike started to purr!

Anyone having delivery issues with the product ... bent front rotor on my Blade. Sent this off to [email protected].

Morning Guys,

Took my new Blade to my LBS Saturday because there was a problem with the front brakes grinding. He called this morning to say my front rotor was bent too far for any repair. This is obviously a shipping issue. Do you ship me a new rotor or should I have may LBS order a 203?
I'm foaming at the mouth to get on my new Blade (especially as my old ebike is awaiting a derailleur), so a solution ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Frans

P.S. LBS putting in an order this morning, so if you aren't shipping me a rotor please let me know in time to get in on this order. You know what delivery times/difficulties are like presently.

I very much like FLX bikes based on the 2 that we have, but I will say that I have found their before-the-sale communication to be much better than their after-the-sale communication. Emails after the sale seem to go unanswered. I would try chat or phoning instead.

Back