First Time Buyer w Wish List

Trilissa

I am a 1st-time buyer, I'm hoping you will have advice for me.

1st terrain, will mostly be on are bike paths that are mostly solid sometimes loose gravel, pavement and sometimes loose dirt. If I were to pick a regular bike I am told a Hybrid would be the best choice.

This is my wish list. 1st I am bells and whistles, accessories kind of girl I want a cargo rack for sure. It would be awesome if there was at minimum, a headlight/ tail light, phone charging port would be a bonus.

I am thinking a step-thru, I weigh 175 lbs and am 5'1. I would love to find one that is as lightweight as possible b/c I would really like to use it for exercise possibly without the electric on and I would like to be able to travel a good distance when using the battery. I would like to spend under 2k out the door.

I worry about ebike reviews that state the get up and go comes on really fast when turning it on. That's a little concerning. I don't like fast and sudden. What bike(s) do you suggest?

I have a Subaru I would love to be able to travel with it too.

Thank you in advance!

Mr Timpo, I have to disagree with you on the difficulty of pedaling all hub driven ebikes with a dead battery. I have an Aventon Pace 500 and without the use of battery power, it is extremely easy to pedal. This bike may be an exception. I can not attest to any others.

Back