Finally finished my new fat bike build!

Neal

I finally finished my new fat bike build I've been working on for a month now! I started with a Motobecane Boris the Brut Sprung. I then installed a BBSHD motor with the new color display, a 30 tooth chain ring, and a Panasonic 52 volt, 13.5 A/hr "GA" cell battery. I installed fenders, a rack, did a tubeless conversion, and even made a custom trailer hitch to pull my game cart with it. I've got an unboxxing/assembly video, a video of the conversion kit install, a video showing the tubeless conversion, a video showing my game cart trailer set up and a video of its first ride all up on YouTube for anyone interested in checking it out. With the BBSHD, 52 volt battery and the 30 tooth chain ring, this thing has power to spare. I can climb a hill that I can barely walk up (steep and gravel covered) and it's got power to spare. I'm amazed at the result.

thats one good looking conversion. I must have watched the videos 10 times already. Quick question. Whats the purpose of going tubeless? I know nothing about that.

thats one good looking conversion. I must have watched the videos 10 times already. Quick question. Whats the purpose of going tubeless? I know nothing about that.

He saved 1.9 pounds, to me not worth the effort, plus tubes add some protection from flats. Tires are pretty thin these days. I actually like the heavy duty tubes. I used to have a lot of flats esp. on the rear, till I put in the heavy duty tubes, none since on old bike.

The Kevlar tires are no guarantee of not getting flats, just had my first one on my E-bike.

He save 1.9 pounds, to me not worth the effort, plus the tubes add some protection from flats. Tires are pretty thin these days. I actually like the heavy duty tubes. I used to have a lot of flats esp. on the rear, till I put in the heavy duty tubes, none since.
Thanks.. I understand now.

Another benefit for going tubeless is avoiding pinch flats while running reduced air pressure. I've already had two pinch flats on my other fat bike so I'm trying this out. I should be able to run as low as 3-4 psi tubeless... Something I'd never try with tubes... Benefits of lower air pressure are increasing surface area for more flotation and increased traction.

Great videos, thanks for posting. Really were clear and easy to follow. Thudbusters are great !

Another benefit for going tubeless is avoiding pinch flats while running reduced air pressure. I've already had two pinch flats on my other fat bike so I'm trying this out. I should be able to run as low as 3-4 psi tubeless... Something I'd never try with tubes... Benefits of lower air pressure are increasing surface area for more flotation and increased traction.
Thanks, I think I understand the idea of going tubeless.

Nice build! What size is your frame? I'm looking at building an electric fat bike and was considering the Boris. My only concern is fitting a dolphin or shark pack in the 17 inch frame.

Nice build! What size is your frame? I'm looking at building an electric fat bike and was considering the Boris. My only concern is fitting a dolphin or shark pack in the 17 inch frame.
I have the 17" frame. The dolphin pack will not fit, but the shark pack fits nicely.

I finally finished my new fat bike build I've been working on for a month now! I started with a Motobecane Boris the Brut Sprung. I then installed a BBSHD motor with the new color display, a 30 tooth chain ring, and a Panasonic 52 volt, 13.5 A/hr "GA" cell battery. I installed fenders, a rack, did a tubeless conversion, and even made a custom trailer hitch to pull my game cart with it. I've got an unboxxing/assembly video, a video of the conversion kit install, a video showing the tubeless conversion, a video showing my game cart trailer set up and a video of its first ride all up on YouTube for anyone interested in checking it out. With the BBSHD, 52 volt battery and the 30 tooth chain ring, this thing has power to spare. I can climb a hill that I can barely walk up (steep and gravel covered) and it's got power to spare. I'm amazed at the result.
This is the best video I have seen on how to install the BBSHD. Thanks for posting it.

This is the best video I have seen on how to install the BBSHD. Thanks for posting it.

Thank you! I was worried it was getting a little too long.

How many watts are you pulling at the max setting?

Thanks,

Court J.

My display shows right in the area of 1500 watts if I pin the throttle in a high gear from a stop. I haven't been able to look down while climbing that steep hill as I'm too focused on the ground and keeping my front tire on the ground. It's been windy and raining here again, and the next nice day I want to go out and see how steep it will climb using throttle only. I'll make sure to watch the watts while doing that.

Back