ET Cycle T720/T1000 owners

Dirtbikerick

Hi all, Thinking of picking up A T1000 at my local bike shop this week, I've searched the web and not a lot info out there, to those of you that have picked up a 720 or 1000 how are the bikes doing, any issues yet?, any regrets?, would you buy it again?. Both versions look nice for the price. Thanks folks.

Hi all, Thinking of picking up A T1000 at my local bike shop this week, I've searched the web and not a lot info out there, to those of you that have picked up a 720 or 1000 how are the bikes doing, any issues yet?, any regrets?, would you buy it again?. Both versions look nice for the price. Thanks folks.
I've had a T-1000 for a month now. At about 975 kms. It's a very good bike for the money. The battery alone is worth $1500. This uses the same step through frame from NCM, Amego, Magnum. If you have one these other bikes, the battery is compatible with them as well. It's not a heavy duty downhill trail riding bike, but you can go most anywhere if you go slow enough. It is set up to be a pavement cruiser and not a trail beast, though I use some pretty rugged trails with it. I've tried to replace the the stock tires with very little grip to something with knobbys, but a true 26 x 4 knobby won't clear the frame in the rear.
The motor is strong and pulls you well. You will not get anywhere near 200 kms or even the 150 kms of range advertised unless you ride at pedal assist 1 on a downhill incline with a tailwind the entire time. I've gotten 75 kms on average, with up to 1600 m in elevation changes and using higher assists over all sorts of terrain. I'm sure most people could get better range, as I don't go slow. The display is locked and you cannot increase the speed or change the power level. It maxes out at 32-34kms with top assist. That's a beef as well as the tire issue, but overall a solid bike. Despite those minor things, I really like this bike. Definitely go with the T-1000. It's a heavy beast and you will need the hydraulic brakes. The better fork, brakes and increased battery pack is worth the difference in price.

I've had a T-1000 for a month now. At about 975 kms. It's a very good bike for the money. The battery alone is worth $1500. This uses the same step through frame from NCM, Amego, Magnum. If you have one these other bikes, the battery is compatible with them as well. It's not a heavy duty downhill trail riding bike, but you can go most anywhere if you go slow enough. It is set up to be a pavement cruiser and not a trail beast, though I use some pretty rugged trails with it. I've tried to replace the the stock tires with very little grip to something with knobbys, but a true 26 x 4 knobby won't clear the frame in the rear.
The motor is strong and pulls you well. You will not get anywhere near 200 kms or even the 150 kms of range advertised unless you ride at pedal assist 1 on a downhill incline with a tailwind the entire time. I've gotten 75 kms on average, with up to 1600 m in elevation changes and using higher assists over all sorts of terrain. I'm sure most people could get better range, as I don't go slow. The display is locked and you cannot increase the speed or change the power level. It maxes out at 32-34kms with top assist. That's a beef as well as the tire issue, but overall a solid bike. Despite those minor things, I really like this bike. Definitely go with the T-1000. It's a heavy beast and you will need the hydraulic brakes. The better fork, brakes and increased battery pack is worth the difference in price.
Thanks Kelster, I bought the t1000 today and I’ll pick it up after work tomorrow. I already was thinking about tire replace, there must be some tire that will work. I have a intense taser pro but I hurt too much after riding so I thought it might be better to stay off the downhill and tone it down a little bit, thanks for your input on your bike, I probably won’t get any time on it until this weekend, I’ll report back, thanks.

Anxious to hear more from those with experience with the T1000. I ordered one and expect it next week. Like a leap of faith with so little info on them but all the parts add up, plus the price is good.

Back