Leons ET Cycle T720

I too was out today as it was quite warm for Dec. I did another little test on the 45 Km/h setting. I have a 2-legged stand so put the bike up with the rear wheel off the ground, set the MAX PAS to 45, and turned the pedals by hand. The speedometer read a max of 42 Km/h, pretty much the same as I saw when riding on flat ground. Maybe it reached the max RPM for the motor? -- who knows? In any case, I'm not concerned as I have that setting at 32 Km/h.

,.. In any case, I'm not concerned as I have that setting at 32 Km/h.

I think that I'm going to set my PAS mode at 20 kph and my throttle at 32?

I don't mind going slow and at 20, I can have slower PAS settings.

I'll probably still just use my "cruise control" anyway?
It's amazing how much further you can go by slowing it down.

I want mine with a cloaking ability and warp

They are actually doing that.

The one company has been forced to slow down their ebikes in Canada.

The bikes currently can go 48 kph and the ebikes are wired into wifi and cell service and they are all being hobbled remotely without permission or control of the ebike owner, so some guys are covering their displays with RF proof material so that they won't get the update and they can keep going 48.

These people paid $7,000 for their ebikes and can now only go 32 kph.

I have my house and motorhome covered in that…..

Thats what happens when you work in cryptography in the 1980’s in the military…..

I also checked my bike for the lag in the PAS modes today.

PAS mode 1 was too slow and I couldn't tell when the motor was cutting in and out.

In PAS mode 2, I would stop pedaling and it took the 1½ seconds to cut the power.
When I started pedaling again, it took about a ¼ of a rotation of the crank to kick the power back on, which sounds about right for 3 magnets to pas the sensor and I think that there are 12 magnets.

But when I got on the gravel road in PAS mode 6, that 1½ second delay covers a lot of ground at 32 kph and the delay became more significant.
And when I started pedaling again, it took more than two full rotations of the crank to activate the power again.

The lag is significant and it really does kick in hard when it turns on and waits way too long to activate.

So I am talking on Facecrack as well…..all ebikes are locked at 32 kph?

Yes and no.
Back a few years ago, the bikes were limited to 32, but if you pedaled, it could go up to 48.

Now they are cracking down and saying no.
The power must cut off completely at 32.

This is my other piece of crap ebike that I got for $400 about 8 years ago.
I use it to get groceries now.

20221204_152450.jpg

The thing is from Europe and is speed limited to 22 kph.
If I pedal it will go 25 kph, but after that it goes into regeneration mode, and the motor turns into a generator to slow me down.

I remember being out riding and I saw a guy on a 10 speed coming up from behind me and he was gaining fast.
I didn't want to get passed by a pedal pusher on my powered bike, so I started to pedal the hell out of it but it wouldn't go any faster and I was pedaling HARD.

All my effort got converted into electricity and got put back into the batteries.

It's kinda cool being able to get that energy back and put into the batteries instead of wasting it as heat on the brake rotors, but it's really quite embarrassing to be passed by a 10 speed. Lol

I can run faster then that…..maybe I look at a Daymak instead

My neighbor had a Daymak.
He had it a week and skidded the front tire out and fell over.
He bent his chain ring so much that it hit the frame and he could no longer pedal it.

My T1000 is a lot tougher than that.
It's got better components.

The Daymak was a $2,000 fat ebike.

No no no.……e-motorcycle. Emmo😎

Oh OK.

I checked out the Daymak electric motorcycle.

Screenshot_20221208-055323_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20221208-055525_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20221208-055536_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20221208-055612_DuckDuckGo.jpg

That's a totally different kind of ebike.
It's heavy and and used lead acid batteries with a 60 km range and no pedals, so if it runs out of power, you're pushing it.

If you already have a street bike, then I think that you'd be disappointed with that ebike.
The only advantage of it is that you don't need a license or insurance.

This Daymak is a closer comparison to the T1000

Screenshot_20221208-060235_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20221208-060255_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20221208-060311_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20221208-060354_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It looks like most the components are proprietary and aren't labeled. It's got a 750 W hour battery as compared to the 1000 W hour on the T1000. (Or 1,200 W hour with the 25 AH battery)

And it's $1,100 more than the T1000

My old e-bike uses SLA glass mat batteries, and they are best to keep as fully charged as possible.
Drawing them down until the controller shuts them off is really hard on the batteries.
I just bought a new charger for it that I can leave plugged in all the time and it monitors the battery and keeps them at maximum charge without over charging the batteries.
A fully charged lead acid battery is good to about -35°C before it freezes, but a drained battery can freeze at only -3°C.

I have managed to go at least 45 km on my T1000 at full speed (32kph) with the throttle, without fully draining my batteries and very little pedaling.
And I was doing some off-roading with some pretty steep hills.

Last edited:
I found this about the Daymak motorcycle.

Screenshot_20221208-073250_DuckDuckGo.jpg

The exhaust lights up and makes a vroom vroom sound.
OMG. That's even more embarrassing than my old e-bike. Lol

I had a 1983 Honda 550 Nighthawk in 1984 when I was 18 years old.
I thought my bike was a gutless piece of crap, because it would only go 193 kph.

My buddy from school had a Honda 500 Interceptor that would go 240 kph.

He got pulled over on the 401 in Toronto and the cop was just shaking his head. They got to talking and the cops radar gun ran out at 200 kph so he asked my friend how fast he was going he just said "240".

The cop knew that he had to get this kid off the road before he killed himself so he asked him how much money he had, if he had a job, and how much his bike was worth.

He told the cop that his bike was worth $1,200, he had no money in the bank, and the he worked part time at a grocery store.

So the cop gave him a $1,200 fine so that he would have to sell the motorcycle to pay the fine.
But no points against his license so that he wouldn't have to pay $1,000 a month for insurance.

It worked. He sold the motorcycle, paid the fine, and got a car that he could afford to insure.

In 1983 I had CX 500 Honda, then a Yamaha Seca 750, Then a Goldwing, then Yamaha Radian 600, then a Yamaha Fazer 750. I got off bikes and went to sleds.

I got back on bikes/atv’s when I moved up here. We both got 600 Grizzly, then I got a 800 Polaris RZR side by side. Then traded from a sled to 750 Honda retro, then a 1600 VTX, then ZX1400 Ninja, then a Z1000.

In 1983 I had CX 500 Honda, then a Yamaha Seca 750, Then a Goldwing, then Yamaha Radian 600, then a Yamaha Fazer 750. I got off bikes and went to sleds.

I got back on bikes/atv’s when I moved up here. We both got 600 Grizzly, then I got a 800 Polaris RZR side by side. Then traded from a sled to 750 Honda retro, then a 1600 VTX, then ZX1400 Ninja, then a Z1000.

Well, any ebike that you get is going to be completely different than a gas powered vehicle.

If you wouldn't enjoy pedaling a normal bicycle down any of those paths and trails around your place, then you probably won't enjoy an ebike.

If going for a long slow ride can be enjoyable for you, then an ebike can still be fun.
You get some exercise and fresh air, and you get to see the wildlife and smell the roses.

They do have electric motorcycles and dirt bikes that require a license and insurance but they aren't really cost effective as compared to gasoline, and they still come with range anxiety.
A tank of gas has A LOT more range than a charged up battery.

And you're not supposed to drive them on trails and paths.

Back