eMTB Options For 2024

I like that setup too, but one thing the zip tied flap guards do better, is they reduce or stop the splatter on the fork seals.
In our wintery areas, where they use various things like grit, salt and other crap on the roads.
Keeping that crap off my fork seals matters to me, but then again, I may be over reacting.
Good point about the hydraulic seals... you could use both types for a full belt and suspenders solution. ;)

I wish SKS would explain how the fender attaches. Like a diagram.
I gather there is a cone that goes up into the fork from the bottom. Yes? Dos the fender wiggle around much?
The video shows the plug expander installation in the fork... it provides a secure mount for the fender with no bounce.
I like to use the quick-release button to remove the fender in the summer months and retain the fork plug year-round.

Last edited:
@RandallS: Thank you for your advice related to mudguards. I have ordered these fenders:
1612793681388.png

I trust they will work on my Trance if they work for your Fathom. (The S-Guard is mounted under the saddle, so it takes the dropper and rack from the equation).

Now: A kickstand good for e-MTB? Anyone?

@RandallS: Thank you for your advice related to mudguards. I have ordered these fenders:
View attachment 78641

I trust they will work on my Trance if they work for your Fathom. (The S-Guard is mounted under the saddle, so it takes the dropper and rack from the equation).

Now: A kickstand good for e-MTB? Anyone?
I meant to reply the other day to suggest fenders from rapid racer products as they have a front fender, which I use, that actually bolts onto your suspension fork. They have excellent choices in rear fenders also.

Take a look at what they have in case you have a change in heart in what you purchased already.
you already
1612796737857.png

Bill, I chose the SKS as I live in Europe and it is easy to buy German ware here. Thank you anyway!

I meant to reply the other day to suggest fenders from rapid racer products as they have a front fender, which I use, that actually bolts onto your suspension fork. They have excellent choices in rear fenders also.

Take a look at what they have in case you have a change in heart in what you purchased already.
you already View attachment 78643
Bill, Do you have a link to those? Thanks.

I just have one of these on the front. Super simple.

I purchased these before my eMTB arrived home so they were ready to mount. They do the job and have a minimalist look to them. I do like most of the company products also.

Last edited:
Back