eMTB Options For 2024

Thank you Randall, Bill and Lightning! I will lower the S-Guard.

Meanwhile...

1613073563081.png

Topeak Flash Stand FAT. Because most of MTB cannot have a kickstand fitted. That one is foldable and takes little space in the luggage.
@steve mercier: Have you seen that?

Thank you Randall, Bill and Lightning! I will lower the S-Guard.

Meanwhile...

View attachment 78841
Topeak Flash Stand FAT. Because most of MTB cannot have a kickstand fitted. That one is foldable and takes little space in the luggage.
@steve mercier: Have you seen that?
I use a Clickstand and it works remarkably well. Compact in size the stand folds up like a tent pole and can even be stowed along a bottle cage. Each stand includes two brake bands that can remain on the bars and simply wrap around the levers when required.

IMG_20210211_1317188.jpgIMG_20210211_1319361.jpgIMG_20210211_1317054.jpg

That's a good idea, I'm thinking about using the same kind of rack and I'm wondering why a fender couldn't just be attached underneath it.
The fender has only two attachment points at the front, and is made of elastic but soft sheet of plastic. I think it is the rear of the wheel that sprays most of the mud or rainwater.

I realize that. I was on the fence about getting a rear rack because I was worried about it being too tall for getting my leg over the bike, now I don't think it's going to be a problem.

Lighting: Consider Old Man Mountain rack. As it is unavailable in Europe, I went with Topeak Tetrarack M2.

I like the way Topeak is fully adjustable and mounts easily.
I'm curious as to how hard it would be to mount a topeak rack and bag on a bike with an existing rack... wonder if this would work?

Better be aware Lightning that the M2 isn't totally stiff. Loaded with panniers and ridden in harsh terrain, the rack moves sideways and it might rub tyres in some circumstances. My brother asked me it that would be okay with me and then just applied some very strong glue between the stays and M2 fasteners (he protected the stays with some tape before). It made the rack bullet-proof but it would be hard to remove it now :)

Back