Ecotric Hammer as 2nd e-bike for Variety?

phoenixtoohot

I'm doing about 2500 miles per year on a Ride1up 500, mostly for fitness. It's a commuter/light MTB style which I really like. However, I would like something totally different to provide variety. I'm looking at a cruiser style, Ecotric Hammer, as a second e-bike for this purpose, details below. I tried a Rad Rover, but it was not enough difference to justify. Comments appreciated.

1603685658781.png

Attachments

• 1603685659710.png
    1603685659710.png
    1 MB · Views: 386
thats actually a good price for a Hammer, they are usually a few hundred more! i like them because i like the idea of a Fat tire cruiser! i wish the battery was just a little bigger but still at 1200 its not the end of the world i guess..

also you dont have to be an owner to join the Ecotric facebook group, i would join and ask around there,you may get some honest answers,its not as heavily modded as some other owners groups.

Well, I did purchase the Ecotric Hammer, and wow, what a blast. I'm going on my same fitness ride of 18.5 miles on the Peavine and Iron King, rails to trails route, in Prescott AZ. My other bike is a ride1up 500, which I also love, but the Hammer is giving me the variety that I was looking for. It's like riding on a cloud over the dirt paths, sand and hard packed trails. I feel more confident on the single track trails and the power is amazing. I'm 76, and the comfort and sure footing of the fat tires and the stability of the long wheelbase, make me feel safe and secure on mild off road jaunts. It's a big bike, at 7 ft overall length, but I love the looks, cruiser styling. Normally $1,499 on line, but Walmart had them for $1,199, which for 1000 watts, hydraulic brakes, front suspension, seat suspension, is pretty good. It's kind of like getting into a Hummer after riding around in a small sedan. Makes you feel invincible, LOL

Well, I did purchase the Ecotric Hammer, and wow, what a blast. I'm going on my same fitness ride of 18.5 miles on the Peavine and Iron King, rails to trails route, in Prescott AZ. My other bike is a ride1up 500, which I also love, but the Hammer is giving me the variety that I was looking for. It's like riding on a cloud over the dirt paths, sand and hard packed trails. I feel more confident on the single track trails and the power is amazing. I'm 76, and the comfort and sure footing of the fat tires and the stability of the long wheelbase, make me feel safe and secure on mild off road jaunts. It's a big bike, at 7 ft overall length, but I love the looks, cruiser styling. Normally $1,499 on line, but Walmart had them for $1,199, which for 1000 watts, hydraulic brakes, front suspension, seat suspension, is pretty good. It's kind of like getting into a Hummer after riding around in a small sedan. Makes you feel invincible, LOL
thats a steal for that bike!

Back