Ebikemotion x35 speed limiter "fix"

Volabike release the speed dongle compatible wirh X35+ Ebikemotion / Mahle system.

X35p-768x576.jpg

It is available on Volabike website:

VOLABIKE X35+ SPEED DONGLE

I have ordered one unit. Will post results soon.

Received this week and tested today.

Speed really increases to 30-31km/h. Once reached that speed, motor keeps pushing, but with small ammount of power.

Another possitive point is you can´t feel the moment the motor stops assistance, so double benefit.

It would be interesting to know the consumption with the delimiter and without it, thanks

Another possitive point is you can´t feel the moment the motor stops assistance, so double benefit.
Purely technically speaking, virtually there is no assisted power, unless you feel the moment it stops.. :) Not a benefit, but drawback. :D

Without the tuner, at 25kph the bike stops abruptly. With the tuner, the bike makes a smooth transition until it stops assisting. You don´t feel the abrupt cut and you get a better feeling riding the bike.

Speed really increases to 30-31km/h. Once reached that speed, motor keeps pushing, but with small ammount of power.

Hi JBbike,
What is the level of power you feel between 25 and 30km/h? Is it the same as below speed limit? I had a SCC dongle and was really disapointed with it as with my Wilier Cento1 the power output fell dramatically above 25. In fact I could only get little help with level 3 (red).
So it would be interesting to have your feeling about it, especially if you try it with different assistance levels.
Thanks for your input.

Early days, but significantly more speed does seem to be possible from the X35 motor (40+kmh). The solution is quite technical.

Currently working on a prototype that could be possible to productionize. Will not be answering any questions until closer to feasibility.
any new news about the project?

How would this dongle work on a US model that has a 20 mph cutoff? What are the downsides to using the dongle?

Hi JBbike,
What is the level of power you feel between 25 and 30km/h? Is it the same as below speed limit? I had a SCC dongle and was really disapointed with it as with my Wilier Cento1 the power output fell dramatically above 25. In fact I could only get little help with level 3 (red).
So it would be interesting to have your feeling about it, especially if you try it with different assistance levels.
Thanks for your input.
The SCC dongle worked as expected for my road eBike (Pinarello Dyodo); I get around a max speed of 23mph, which is perfect for me.

How did you get it in the USA? I could not find a way to ship it on their web site and they have not answered my emails for shipping

How did you get it in the USA? I could not find a way to ship it on their web site and they have not answered my emails for shipping
Maybe something happened since I got it early this year; they shipped it quickly.

I have found communication with Volabike difficult. I requested an invoice without Spanish VAT as the UK is no longer part of the EU and VAT is now payable in the UK, but have not heard back.

I was going to purchase the Volabike range extender, but I just found out they use UPS for shipping which I heard charges huge import and brokerage fees. Anybody in the US here ordered one and can give me an idea what the additional costs will be? If the fees are too high, it would probably work out about the same to just bite the bullet and purchase the Orbea extender from my dealer.

I was going to purchase the Volabike range extender, but I just found out they use UPS for shipping which I heard charges huge import and brokerage fees. Anybody in the US here ordered one and can give me an idea what the additional costs will be? If the fees are too high, it would probably work out about the same to just bite the bullet and purchase the Orbea extender from my dealer.
You could ask Tomas to use a different courier, maybe. He seems nice.

Back