Ebike Chain Lubes

I was looking for something for a garage door and ran across this company. Would be interesting to try one of their products.

Kluber is high quality stuff. BRP (ski doo) uses its isoflex grease for its sealed crankshaft bearings in snowmobiles. I use it in a planetary gearbox the size of a 50 cent piece for an 8 HP RC airplane

As I continue the slippery slope of hot waxing, I'm impressed with just how well it does just that(stay slippery). Definitely stays lubed longer and way cleaner however I don't really ride this bike in the rain but have ridden it in the wet and the wax didn't just wash off. I will be setting up my other bike that I ride in the rain&snow with it and I'll report back how it compares to the oil. The snow part will be awhile thou! At this point it's superior for the conditions I've used it in.

Last edited:
Well I'm journeying to the waxer side. Paraffin on the way. Still undecided whether I'll add ptfe or moly. I have an old can of motor mica out there also.

I absolutely don't recommend Absolute Black for full on winter conditions(snow & salt) it doesn't work for that! As far as other condition I talked about earlier it works very very well!!

Well I'm journeying to the waxer side. Paraffin on the way. Still undecided whether I'll add ptfe or moly. I have an old can of motor mica out there also.

Nice to see that people are giving wax a go.

As additive I used PTFE and WS2. My dosage for WS2 is half of PTFE (1oz per pound of wax), however I think once can do with less like 3/4oz per pound. WS2 seems to work even better, slightly quieter and lasts a bit longer than ptfe. It darkens the color a bit but not really important. On paper WS2 is a bit better lubricant vs PTFE but I think the main benefit is the WS2 I purchased from Amazon already comes in much finer particles compared to ptfe. It also seems more environmentally friendly.

I will update my initial post accordingly once I put enough miles on my new mixture.

Nice to see that people are giving wax a go.

As additive I used PTFE and WS2. My dosage for WS2 is half of PTFE (1oz per pound of wax), however I think once can do with less like 3/4oz per pound. WS2 seems to work even better, slightly quieter and lasts a bit longer than ptfe. It darkens the color a bit but not really important. On paper WS2 is a bit better lubricant vs PTFE but I think the main benefit is the WS2 I purchased from Amazon already comes in much finer particles compared to ptfe. It also seems more environmentally friendly.

I will update my initial post accordingly once I put enough miles on my new mixture.
Has anyone determined how much extra the additives give? I considered them but decided to go kiss.

Has anyone determined how much extra the additives give? I considered them but decided to go kiss.

Additives probably have a significant impact on longevity and chain life. At one point I asked someone who tried both. His experience was the wax itself will last around half the time (180-200 miles vs 90-100 miles). Wax is great at repelling dirt but inside the rollers added dry lubricants prevent the wear.

I think the chain line has some to do with it. The back and forth from front chain ring acts like a squishy and pushes the lube out the sides, plus the stretch on one side when off center from the chain ring. Wonder how much the pins and rollers actually wear vs other parts of the chain, plus the teeth of the cogs and rings.

I think the chain line has some to do with it. The back and forth from front chain ring acts like a squishy and pushes the lube out the sides, plus the stretch on one side when off center from the chain ring. Wonder how much the pins and rollers actually wear vs other parts of the chain, plus the teeth of the cogs and rings.

The main wear occurs on bushings which results in elognation of the chain the wear on the other parts of the chain is insignificant. The dry lubricant that penetrates all the way to bushings + wax significantly reduce this wear. These dry lubricants stick to metal very well and seems to fill crevices' on the surface of the chain.

When you increase the life of the chain significantly eventually the bridges on outer plates seem to wear out

The main wear occurs on bushings which results in elognation of the chain the wear on the other parts of the chain is insignificant. The dry lubricant that penetrates all the way to bushings + wax significantly reduce this wear. These dry lubricants stick to metal very well and seems to fill crevices' on the surface of the chain.

When you increase the life of the chain significantly eventually the bridges on outer plates seem to wear out
How did you experience this?

How did you come to this conclusion?

which one? Bushings being the main source of wear in chains? That is common knowledge.

But in my case I logged the miles and wear on my chains. I disassembled the worn chains and checked the bushing widths with a digital caliper so I can also confirm it first hand.

You can also google and find more info...

All this information and $19.99 will get you a new chain 🙃

Screenshot_20221220-173315_Chrome.jpg

I think he was asking how you know that you've worn out the bridges on the outer plates

Oh that part is not my personal experience(that is why I used the word "seems") since my chains are still in great condition even after 4k miles(they are not even %0.2). I have seen several online blogs using wax or wax based lubes like squirt with photos of their chains. I think zerofrictioncycling was one them. You should google it up.

which one? Bushings being the main source of wear in chains? That is common knowledge.

But in my case I logged the miles and wear on my chains. I disassembled the worn chains and checked the bushing widths with a digital caliper so I can also confirm it first hand.

You can also google and find more info...
That is what I was wondering. I value first hand info more than google. What part of the chain is termed the 'bridge'?

Back