Ebike Chain Lubes

ya but thats a good time to check your bike out.
Yeah, I'm lubing the chain on the Sport and giving the Gravel belt drive the once over including tire pressure. The kids have the other bikes. My youngest seems to be pretty good with preventative maintenance. Sport just hauled me to the golf course and back and rode like a dream. I can feel a little mushiness on rear brake. Might be new pad time...

I found a can of Dupont chain saver that is wax based. Using it on my motorcycle chain for the rollers though the chain is sealed. I still like the straight paraffin on the bicycle chain.

Yeah I looked at those and they are best for sealed motorcycle chains. It seems to keep the outside clean but it can't penetrate and stay on a bicycle chain as well as paraffin.

Maxima chain wax goes on thin and runny and then dries waxy. I do think it penetrates into the pins and then leaves a protective film on the surfaces. I've been more than happy w/ the results and longevity of my chain. Someone asked if I went 2,000mi. before relubing. LOL.. No, I get 2,000mi. out of a 10 speed chain w/ a mid drive. No complaints. Actually I replaced the last chain at 2,000mi. and it wasn't quite at .5 stretch

Maxima chain wax goes on thin and runny and then dries waxy. I do think it penetrates into the pins and then leaves a protective film on the surfaces. I've been more than happy w/ the results and longevity of my chain. Someone asked if I went 2,000mi. before relubing. LOL.. No, I get 2,000mi. out of a 10 speed chain w/ a mid drive. No complaints. Actually I replaced the last chain at 2,000mi. and it wasn't quite at .5 stretch
Was just checking... Thought perhaps you found the chain fountain of youth lube. 🙃
I'm getting +3000mi on a my mid drive chain... but it is a 7sp

I use Maxima chain wax. Same lube I use on my motorcycle chain. I get at least 2,000mi. from 10 speed shimano and Yamaha PW mid drive
Great recommendation.Relatively inexpensive, so just gave Maxima chain wax a try, and the chain now sounds almost as quiet as my carbon belt drive bike. Seems like it does reduce the friction, and even if I’m imagining it, reduces the watts needed to keep moving ;)

and the chain now sounds almost as quiet as my carbon belt drive bike. Seems like it does reduce the friction, and even if I’m imagining it, reduces the watts needed to keep moving ;)
It takes energy to make noise, therefor the more noise your drivetrain makes, the less energy going to the wheels.

Thus it's not unreasonable to think you're delivering more power to the ground.

I'm telling you, that maxima chain wax is almost magic. You get the lubricity of oil but the clean waxy coating of parrafin all in one product. The best part is there is no need to remove your chain and this stuff doesn't fling off at all

Great recommendation.Relatively inexpensive, so just gave Maxima chain wax a try, and the chain now sounds almost as quiet as my carbon belt drive bike. Seems like it does reduce the friction, and even if I’m imagining it, reduces the watts needed to keep moving ;)
There are many paraffin wax chain lubes out there and they all seem to work very similarly and quiet (especially a slightly worn chain) more than oils.
Maybe I'll give Maxima a try next time around as it's similarly priced but my expectation it will perform about the same as Boeshield T-9, DuPont Chain Saver, etc... The sprays do a better job of flushing the old and dirt but also are more wasteful and more care needs to be taken during applications not to overpay things like brakes.
In the end I've seen no difference in chain wear when even compared to things like WD40 as a clean chain is more important. But the wax's do last a bit longer between intervals and do keep it a little quieter.

Disagree. The maxima chain wax goes on/in thin then dries to a waxy surface. This seals in the lube. Wax may not be better than oil but wax AND oil is a great combination

Reactions: PSm
Maxima Chain Wax is a superior power spray lubricant designed for all chain care needs. It's special ParaFilma formula creates a waxy film similar to Cosmoline, offering long term protection especially in water and high humidity environments. Maxima Chain Wax is formulated with heavy-duty, anti-wear, and extreme pressure additives that provide superior lubrication for all chains, cables, and sprockets. Maxima Chain Wax penetrates deeply, lubricating non-accessible areas, reducing chain stretch and wear. Chain Wax is simply the best choice for all chain and cable care needs.

• Contains no CFC's!
  • Eliminates "fling-off" and seals lubricant to chain.
  • Special paraffin base creates waxy film.
  • Excellent rust protection.
  • For O-ring and conventional chains.
  • Does not attract dirt.
  • Light amber color.

Attachments

• maxima.jpg
    maxima.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 65
Maxima Chain Wax is a superior power spray lubricant designed for all chain care needs. It's special ParaFilma formula creates a waxy film similar to Cosmoline, offering long term protection especially in water and high humidity environments. Maxima Chain Wax is formulated with heavy-duty, anti-wear, and extreme pressure additives that provide superior lubrication for all chains, cables, and sprockets. Maxima Chain Wax penetrates deeply, lubricating non-accessible areas, reducing chain stretch and wear. Chain Wax is simply the best choice for all chain and cable care needs.

• Contains no CFC's!
  • Eliminates "fling-off" and seals lubricant to chain.
  • Special paraffin base creates waxy film.
  • Excellent rust protection.
  • For O-ring and conventional chains.
  • Does not attract dirt.
  • Light amber color.
Read any chain lube description... Same s*it, similar wording.
ps.. I've got a bridge for sale, guaranteed not to rust.

I was on paraffin wax for a while. I gave it a try. I'm going to go the gear oil or heavy motor oil for a while and see how that makes me feel. I think I can do better with something that flows. When the chain is on the big or small cog there is a lot of offset that a lot or most of these tests don't take into consideration. I'll just have to get the garden hose out every once in a while and give her a bath. I'm a pavement driver also.

Yep, use soy sauce for all I care. Maxima chain wax has been great for my ebike and my motorcycle chains. Just trying to help anyone looking for a good chain lube. Sorry I tried now.

Back