E-GO Flash 26 Mag

nuster

Probably did not do enough research, but I turn 66 in a week and retire in 6 months. Overall weak health and I need to get out and slowly get back into better shape. So my E-GO Flash 26 Mag arrives in a few days. Anybody have anything good or bad they know of this e-bike ? I will post as I learn.

When time is of the essence, then the choice becomes tons of research or action! @nuster , there is no perfect ebike, just the one that gets you out on the road and riding. Your opinions and tastes in ebikes will probably evolve over time; however, the specs on your E-Go bike are in line with those of many manufacturers.

Internal battery
26 inch Sport-Mag wheels.
500W rear hub motor.
48V 10Ah Samsung in frame bicycle battery.
15-20-24 MPH (adjustable safe speed limits).
20-43 miles to a charge.
disk brakes.
4-6 hours to charge.

Ego Flash ebike.jpg

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the Flash and seeing a few real pics of your ebike!

It is the PERFECT bike for you! Because it motivated you enough to $$$ for it. ;)
Not BS, as Ann noted, getting you GOING is what it's all about.
That looks like a nice bike, you'll probably want a different (more comfortable) seat if you haven't been riding. Good move with the front suspension fork.
You'll love it. If you don't you can sell it for a few hundred less than you paid and try something else you'll be drooling over as you get riding and reading.

Probably did not do enough research, but I turn 66 in a week and retire in 6 months. Overall weak health and I need to get out and slowly get back into better shape. So my E-GO Flash 26 Mag arrives in a few days. Anybody have anything good or bad they know of this e-bike ? I will post as I learn.
UPDATE! It arrived Friday in a double box in a box and the boxes were in good shape. The only problem was the key lock that holds the right side battery in the cavity in the frame was broken internally. A new lock is on the way. A sports bandage around both batteries and the frame is a solid temporary solution. After assembly I rode a few blocks on peddle power only and every thing worked fine for a really over weight bicycle. Charged the battery and have a few short rides around town for about 10 miles on peddle assist, awesome. (remember I am old and out of shape) On level or the very slightest incline I am in 2 of 7 speeds and 3 of 9 peddle assist. I get a little burn in my knees/legs. Have raised the seat twice for an extra inch. Went to the Amish bike shop and he sold me a Cloud 9 seat. And Ebay is supplying an adjustable rise stem. The original purchase has an OEM rear rack coming and the Amish Bike store supplied locally manufactured collapsible grocery open panniers. The Amish community does some serious bike commuting and I feel I can not go wrong following their experience. After it is all outfitted I will post pictures and more performance reports on both the bike and myself. Of coarse I have already installed a cup holder.

Congratulations @nuster! Before you know it you'll be in better shape from riding and you'll drop the "old" and "out of shape" descriptions. You mention an Amish Bike Store, by any chance are you in Pennsylvania Amish Country?

Last edited:
have the cloud 9 cruiser saddle on all of my bikes
i love this saddle and so do all my friends that ride with me
it is very comfortable

Nice looking bike. Ride safe and have fun. Only six weeks of good riding season left for me, and then it will be in the 50's. <boo hoo>

Update: I have a total of 29 miles, 8 today. I have moved the seat post as high as I can and still do not get my legs fully extended. Any higher and I cannot start or stop in full control. I got in every bodies way trying to cross US 6 in town the other day. I have learned that the throttle power available is linear to the pedal assist setting. I would be in low gear (1 of 7) with a pedal assist setting of 3 and have trouble getting started from a full stop. I am practicing approaching a full stop at these types of intersections in low gear with a pedal assist of 9 (max).
I control the tendency to have the system run away with me by slightly pulling the front brake lever. No braking just disabling the drive. I adjust my right pedal forward and horizontal to the ground. As I step up onto the right pedal I release the front brake while twisting the throttle. I am practicing this in parking lots. So the OEM rear rack is installed along with collapsible open top bags that hold standard paper or fabric grocery bags. I went to the grocery and bought 4 two liters of pop and had them put them in 2 paper bags that had handles. Perfect fit, although I had trouble swinging my leg over the added width. I have installed a Cygo Hot 50 tail light along with their Streak 450 head light and an OnGuard 12mm cable lock. This includes a post mounted holder. So the bike is ready, I just have to catch up. Today on level surfaces I twice bumped the power assist to zero and rode in low gear at 6 mph. I am happy and optimistic I will get stronger, and hopefully more agile. Share all your secrets and tips. Monday I turn 66. And a new challenge keeps you going. Thanks for reading. Once E-go replaces the key latch for the right side battery and I remove the vet wrap that is holding it in place I will post pictures.

Update: I have a total of 29 miles, 8 today. I have moved the seat post as high as I can and still do not get my legs fully extended. Any higher and I cannot start or stop in full control. I got in every bodies way trying to cross US 6 in town the other day. I have learned that the throttle power available is linear to the pedal assist setting. I would be in low gear (1 of 7) with a pedal assist setting of 3 and have trouble getting started from a full stop. I am practicing approaching a full stop at these types of intersections in low gear with a pedal assist of 9 (max).
I control the tendency to have the system run away with me by slightly pulling the front brake lever. No braking just disabling the drive. I adjust my right pedal forward and horizontal to the ground. As I step up onto the right pedal I release the front brake while twisting the throttle. I am practicing this in parking lots. So the OEM rear rack is installed along with collapsible open top bags that hold standard paper or fabric grocery bags. I went to the grocery and bought 4 two liters of pop and had them put them in 2 paper bags that had handles. Perfect fit, although I had trouble swinging my leg over the added width. I have installed a Cygo Hot 50 tail light along with their Streak 450 head light and an OnGuard 12mm cable lock. This includes a post mounted holder. So the bike is ready, I just have to catch up. Today on level surfaces I twice bumped the power assist to zero and rode in low gear at 6 mph. I am happy and optimistic I will get stronger, and hopefully more agile. Share all your secrets and tips. Monday I turn 66. And a new challenge keeps you going. Thanks for reading. Once E-go replaces the key latch for the right side battery and I remove the vet wrap that is holding it in place I will post pictures.
Would love to see a few pics

I love your vetwrap solution...stuff comes in a bunch of different colors, so it could be decorative!

It sounds really good..glad to hear you are figuring out a good throttle/intersection technique. I think your description could help a lot of people that have similar setups.

Are you finding the inability to extend your leg really uncomfortable?

Back