Discovered EBikes in 2016. Wow!

Picture 1: Store Demo/rental on the right, what would eventually be my Pedego Ridge Rider July '16 on the left.
Picture 2: My first ride on my new bike went for 24.2 miles on full assistance (levels 4 and 5) and a lot of throttle. I was shocked to have 52% battery left (I haven't even removed the wrapper from the display yet in the picture)
Picture 3: Nancy and the Green Pedego Interceptor
Picture 4: The 2015 Raleigh Detour iE - my first ebike.
Picture 5: Pedego Ridge Rider Accessorized with a rack, BodyFloat, and riser to give me another 4" at the handlebars as I am 6'1". (First 48 mile attempt 16 July that was rained out but got in 31 miles).

2RidgeRiders.jpg 14 Amp RidgeRider.jpg FullSizeRender 4 copy.jpg IMG_2604.JPG Natchez Trace.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Sounds like you've rented Ridge Riders, eventually bought one of your own and ALSO got a Raleigh Detour iE? I'm going out on a limb here guessing that Nancy is your SO? Did she get an ebike too or is she still searching for the perfect one ;)

Nice! Sounds like you've rented Ridge Riders, eventually bought one of your own and ALSO got a Raleigh Detour iE? I'm going out on a limb here guessing that Nancy is your SO? Did she get an ebike too or is she still searching for the perfect one ;)

Yes! Nancy is my SO to say the least - we had our first date in 1975 the Summer of 9th grade (Mainland HS, Daytona Beach)! Thanks for asking! Yes, she's still looking for her ebike. She drops my seat and rides my Ridge Rider or rents in the mean time.

First time I ever rode an ebike was by accident, the 2015 Raleigh when it was on clearance this year when I dropped by a Trek dealer, I bought the ebike on the spot (first decent traditional bike was a Motobecane in 1979, later toured on a Trek 720). Then I discovered the Ridge Rider via your review, and yes you're right, rode their rental fleet three times, and bought shortly after.

Back