Cross Current

It kind of felt like it but I didn't have a speedometer so I couldn't tell how fast I was going. The salesman put it on "S" mode which I assume is the fastest mode. The Stromers I rode after that zipped right up to 25+mph.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I test rode a Cross Current but it felt like it struggled to go faster than about 20-21mph even on S mode.
Interesting. I can't say for sure but the Cross Current uses a torque sensor -- that means the harder you press on the pedals, the more oomph the motor will deliver. The Stromer, I think, relies on the cadence (or how fast you pedal) to give you power from the motor. So, in that sense, the Stromer feels zippy because there is no effort. Whereas the CC will only give effort when you give effort.
Full disclosure: I don't have an e-bike yet. I am doing research on this, learning as I go.

Well, here's a video from a while ago of Tora hitting 26 miles per hour in 20 seconds so it looks like it can be done. He may have been pedaling much harder than you during the test ride, though. He was a high jumper so I'm sure he's got some strong legs.

Interesting. I can't say for sure but the Cross Current uses a torque sensor -- that means the harder you press on the pedals, the more oomph the motor will deliver. The Stromer, I think, relies on the cadence (or how fast you pedal) to give you power from the motor. So, in that sense, the Stromer feels zippy because there is no effort. Whereas the CC will only give effort when you give effort.
Full disclosure: I don't have an e-bike yet. I am doing research on this, learning as I go.

Cross current comes with a torque sensor. It has very smooth ramp up to 28mph speed.
Stromer also uses a torque sensor in the rear dropout and because it is a gearless motor and the controller algorithm is different than the cross current, it feels slightly smoother.

I test rode a Cross Current but it felt like it struggled to go faster than about 20-21mph even on S mode (there was no speedometer but the battery was almost totally full.) The salesman said this was because the motor didn't put out much torque. Is this normal? I'm a pretty fit road cyclist and I was pedaling pretty hard.

I then rode a Stomer ST1 and ST2 and those felt like they could cruise at 25-28mph all day long which is what I really want in a e-bike.

We are checking this particular unit's electronics to see if there is some issue. The CrossCurrent should be able to go much faster than 20 mph.

Is there a programmed motor cutout at all that was interfering with you getting up to higher speeds? I'm curious if you put on some clip-in pedals if you could put in more power through pedaling and increase speed that way.
There is no programmed cut out unless you use the non-SPORT display which will limit the speed to 20mph.

Here we go.. Video demonstrating Cross Current top speed of 28 mph. Producing 650 watts.
any opinion on the red bike? Is it blinding red?

Last edited:
Nice of the salesman to badmouth the CC:cool:. There's got to be a problem. If the guy at the pedals is working pretty hard, that's 150 watts, and it only takes 300 watts total to go 20 mph. So something is wrong with the ebike.

300 watts.JPG

Fyi the rack below does not fit this bike without modification due to not clearing the rear hub. Just wanted to throw that out there in case others are shopping for rear racks for the cross current

Yes we realize the rear rack situation and working for solution. The new torque sensor interferers with the rack mounting.

I had the same problem with my Fuji Nevada MTB.. Just fabbed an adapter from some aluminum plate for the rack to clear the brakes.. Took a couple of hours but works just fine.

We are selling the cargo and cross current bikes faster than we expected.
Today, a lady walked in looking for a commuter bike. The red cross current bike caught her eye. A test ride sealed the deal.
We kitted out her bike with ergon grips, planet bike accessories and she thought this bike is coolest thing.

View attachment 6193 View attachment 6192
That's me! I am loving it! Love the color and the ride is swift and fun!
I get a lot of compliments on the bike from random people. I highly recommend this bike.

Yes we realize the rear rack situation and working for solution. The new torque sensor interferers with the rack mounting.
Yeah, I know the shop passed this info. The bike is awesome. I am going to take the rack to a welder and make it work somehow. I never realized how proprietary some panniers are to a particular rack. I'm stuck with this one, I missed my return time window for the rack.

That's me! I am loving it! Love the color and the ride is swift and fun!
I get a lot of compliments on the bike from random people. I highly recommend this bike.
Post a pic with the custom set up! May I ask how tall you are, my girlfriend is 5'2" and can ride my medium frame, but is hoping the small frame option comes back as it may be a better fit.

Post a pic with the custom set up! May I ask how tall you are, my girlfriend is 5'2" and can ride my medium frame, but is hoping the small frame option comes back as it may be a better fit.
I am 5'9".
You can view the custom set up in the pic that crazy Lenny posted of me and the bike in the thread above.

@Rindy , congratulations on your new CrossCurrent! As you might recognize from the length of this thread, there is much interest in learning more about the CrossCurrent. So I hope you post more comments about how you are using your specific bike and how it's performing. Battery/range performance, how it copes with the various road/trail surfaces, the custom-programmed motor's performance and its general build quality would, I think, be of special interest to the group. No doubt more formal, published reviews will begin to appear but, for now, you 'first buyers' are the experts! :D

I got my CC today. Just unboxed it & notice two issues. The front wheel axle got squeezed into the battery chipping the anodizing & putting a 1mm deep dent into it's side. The battery casing seems to be aluminum & now I'm wondering if any cells inside might be a little squished. Warranty replacement? The other issue is the front wheel is dished so it doesn't sit centered in the fork. The casing damage might have been prevented if the axles had caps on them.

I see the rear derailleur cable routing being changed at some point because it sits real close to the chain right now & if it were to be snugged against the support it would rub.
derailleurcablerouting.jpgbatterydent.jpg offcenterwheel.jpg wheelagainstbattery.jpg

Last edited:
I got my CC today. Just unboxed it & notice two issues. The front wheel axle got squeezed into the battery chipping the anodizing & putting a 1mm deep dent into it's side. The battery casing seems to be aluminum & now I'm wondering if any cells inside might be a little squished. Warranty replacement? The other issue is the front wheel is dished so it doesn't sit centered in the fork.

The casing damage might have been prevented if the axles had caps on them
View attachment 6297 View attachment 6298 View attachment 6299

Can you please email us directly about this issue. Lets get it resolved. [email protected]

So I'm getting closer and closer to getting myself this bike. I'm just hung up on frame size. Currently I ride a 21 in framed mountain bike, I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable, but I do rest almost on top on the top tube. The frame on the CrossCurrent isn't the same style as my current bike. My current bike has more of a horizontal top tube, it doesn't slope downward toward the seat post like the CrossCurrent.

I'm 5' 11 maybe 5' 11 1/2

Leg length is about 34"

Should I get the 21" frame or the 19"

Back