Cross Current

At my work, Bike Attack brought out some ebikes (it's bike to work day). The CC was right next to a Stromer, which seems much bulkier. The Bike Attack guy said that the CC was the "Holy Grail." A Class 3 ebike for $1500. They just received the 10.4 Ah models and will be assembling them over the next couple weeks. I wasn't able to test ride it, but it's a really well built bike with solid components. It's also much lighter than the Stromer.

One of the things you don't get is a slick interface, but frankly, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a bike that doesn't draw too much attention as an ebike that is reasonably priced and has a good range. I think this one is it (the 10.4 Ah version).

Patrick's Current...
IMG_6834.JPG
IMG_6827.JPG

Fyi the rack below does not fit this bike without modification due to not clearing the rear hub. Just wanted to throw that out there in case others are shopping for rear racks for the cross current
This is the set up I ordered in anticipation of the cross current coming in april. It looks like it should work out nicely. http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Explor...E?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref_=ya_st_dp_summary

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZKES0S/ref=nav_timeline_asin?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Found out that Juiced will be shipping the Cross Current with the huge (23.4 ah) battery at the end of summer, aug/sept.. Large price premium.

We are selling the cargo and cross current bikes faster than we expected.
Today, a lady walked in looking for a commuter bike. The red cross current bike caught her eye. A test ride sealed the deal.
We kitted out her bike with ergon grips, planet bike accessories and she thought this bike is coolest thing.

Kathryn and her CC.JPG Commuter kit.JPG

I test rode a Cross Current but it felt like it struggled to go faster than about 20-21mph even on S mode (there was no speedometer but the battery was almost totally full.) The salesman said this was because the motor didn't put out much torque. Is this normal? I'm a pretty fit road cyclist and I was pedaling pretty hard.

I then rode a Stomer ST1 and ST2 and those felt like they could cruise at 25-28mph all day long which is what I really want in a e-bike.

I test rode a Cross Current but it felt like it struggled to go faster than about 20-21mph even on S mode (there was no speedometer but the battery was almost totally full.) The salesman said this was because the motor didn't put out much torque. Is this normal? I'm a pretty fit road cyclist and I was pedaling pretty hard.

I then rode a Stomer ST1 and ST2 and those felt like they could cruise at 25-28mph all day long which is what I really want in a e-bike.
Is there a programmed motor cutout at all that was interfering with you getting up to higher speeds? I'm curious if you put on some clip-in pedals if you could put in more power through pedaling and increase speed that way.

Back