Color Configurator Hydra - Draft - Please provide feedback

For those who ordered swatches, the configurator's "Classic Red" is Cerakote's "Ruby Red" and "Lipstick Red" is "Firehouse Red". Ruby Red is a dark red, and Firehouse Red is also dark, almost a brick red. The brightest red on Cerakote's site is Stoplight Red (C-143) and does not appear to be available in the configurator. Any chance that can be added, Pushkar? That would make for one hot-looking bike.
On the AMA he said you can only order from the H series.

I don't recall hearing that in the AMA. Given that H series is an oven cure, while the C series is simple air cure, it seems like any restriction would work the other way.

I don't recall hearing that in the AMA. Given that H series is an oven cure, while the C series is simple air cure, it seems like any restriction would work the other way.
C series needs more work (extra sanding ) and adds a lot of cost. It’s like a paint finish thing.

Pushkar, how about adding H-167 (USMC Red)? That is the brightest H-series red. That would be as close as I can get to the Stoplight Red.

Another nice red for those who like dark reds is Crimson (H-221).

Pushkar, how about adding H-167 (USMC Red)? That is the brightest H-series red. That would be as close as I can get to the Stoplight Red.

Another nice red for those who like dark reds is Crimson (H-221).
Working to addd colors. Can’t add too many since the color accuracy is limited .

Working to addd colors. Can’t add too many since the color accuracy is limited .
Why the continued requests to add colors to the configurator? Color accuracy on a monitor is severely suspect. Plus, Pushkar has already stated (at least for founders) that any color from the H series can be chosen. But, he can't possibly include every one of them in the configurator. Am I missing something here? I probably am. :)

You're right.... the swatches are much better than any picture of them, and a picture is better than what the configurator could do. If the list is any H-series then I'll work with that.

Agree. We should be able to pick colors on our own. What I need to know is how the 2 or 3 color scheme shakes out. Where do the other colors go, and what is the cost to founders?

As mentioned, the configurator should not be expected or used to validate any color exactly.
It should be used to get a feel for a color or a color combination.
Once you get a feel for the color type and combination, one should check the Cerakote samples and choose the exact color to use.
So the actual color reference selection should probably be decoupled from the configurator

Pushkar mentioned somewhere that he is in talks with the shop to have this done for all bikes (cause who wouldn’t want a clear?).
I sent an email to cerakote asking if they recommend applying a clear over a cerakote color to verify this.

In the cerakote bicycle gallery none of the projects advertise using a clear coat.

I was able to find this post from a cerakote tech rep:
“We do not recommend applying Cerakote clear over the top of Cerakote colors.”

@pushkar what does your shop recommend?

I sent an email to cerakote asking if they recommend applying a clear over a cerakote color to verify this.

In the cerakote bicycle gallery none of the projects advertise using a clear coat.

I was able to find this post from a cerakote tech rep:
“We do not recommend applying Cerakote clear over the top of Cerakote colors.”

@pushkar what does your shop recommend?
Very good to know! Thanks for doing the research @coldriderwi

Pushkar I know this has been asked but I am not sure it has been answered but when will actual pictures of a completed Helios appear on the order page and or website, with all of the standard parts included?

Here is the response I got directly from Cerakote tech support:
We do not recommend applying a Clear over the top of any Cerakote products.
If it were me, I would not apply a Clear.

So it seems that if you want gloss the answer is not the glossy clear coat, but the method @Acme found.

Good news though. We don't have to spend additional $$$ on a clear.

@pushkar FYI

What I'd REALLY like to see is a Hydra or Helios frame with a Cerakote finish.

I know there have been photos posted of the Hydra frame, but I'm under the impression that those frames are painted, not coated.
@pushkar, do you have a photo of a Hydra frame that has a CeraKote finish.

All, the shop has been slow. I will be retiring the decal / second color options ... too confusing. Please see the test product (below) and that is what will be available. We are starting with around 50 colors.

1. On the color config - here is a test product- https://wattwagons.com/products/hydra-test please check if this looks better / more intutive. We need to add a disclaimer that the colors may not be fully accurate. We are iterating through them but needs a disclaimer.

2. We got the pricing for clearcoat - Will be ~$125 more for the entire bike. I am waiting for a sample to show how it will look like but want to get the pricing done. @Deacon Blues If you are doing 2 of the same style together we will have a lower price. Please ignore that $125 for your configs.

3. There are still some issues with the color plugin so please dont tyr to order that yet - but want to make sure we are directionally going there.

Thanks.
@pushkar what happened to the Hydra Test page to view colors???
-BB

Back