Chili Verde

Pre go jar? When the jar is empty and clean.
I use it to clean the chain for my bike. I take my chain off put it in the jar with soapy water and and shake it a few times. Dump the soapy water out and fill the jar with motor oil and soak my ebike chain in it. I lube my chain like that.

Happy president weekend!!!!!
Where you may find the kitchen arduous, I relate with some bike cleaning.
I hit the chain with a stiff bristle brush, wipe it down with a rag and add a drop of lube to each roller... all while on the bike.

I do have a homemade pizza in the queue for today, but there will be no jar'd sauce
I believe that's how George and Abraham would have wanted it

Still can't give you a pass on the Prego.. But I get it.
I rather enjoy the journey and never make it the same way. I end up going through the kitchen and finding additional ingredients to add like BBQ sauce on hand

My base is something like...

Beans
Apple Cider Vinegar
onion
garlic
Brown Sugar
Beer
Ground beef and/or ground turkey
Chili Powder
Salt
Pepper
tomato
tomato paste
Roasted sweet Peppers
Roasted hot peppers
Corn
" Enter the Dragon!" " Was the trip worth the pain?" Sometimes only cure for flamin bung is time( old made up Chinese proverb)

I received a letter mid January that my electrical supplier was being automatically switched to Sustainable Westchester which is a 100% renewable power supplier. The neighbors I've spoken to are opting out as they feel being automatically enrolled was some how devious. And though I understand their position... How many would actually take the time to opt in if asked.
The actual increase is hard to quantify as the current variable supply charge can be anywhere from 25% to 50% of the total electric bill.
This said it starts 3/1 and I'm going to see how it goes.

I received a letter mid January that my electrical supplier was being automatically switched to Sustainable Westchester which is a 100% renewable power supplier. The neighbors I've spoken to are opting out as they feel being automatically enrolled was some how devious. And though I understand their position... How many would actually take the time to opt in if asked.
The actual increase is hard to quantify as the current variable supply charge can be anywhere from 25% to 50% of the total electric bill.

Hmmm - wondering if this automatic switch has happened before, and if it was an issue on those occasions?

Took a glance at their page but didn't see their green generating facilities.

I was automatically switched about 7 years ago. PG&E still provides the electrons and the billing. My % of these electrons are labeled 'clean' but in reality they are from mixed sources including dirty because it all goes down the same wires on the same grid. It is like telling someone Kosher that their % of the chili is pork free when it all comes out of the same pot that has bacon in it.

Hmmm - wondering if this automatic switch has happened before, and if it was an issue on those occasions?
As far as I know... this is a first.

I was automatically switched about 7 years ago. PG&E still provides the electrons and the billing. My % of these electrons are labeled 'clean' but in reality they are from mixed sources including dirty because it all goes down the same wires on the same grid. It is like telling someone Kosher that their % of the chili is pork free when it all comes out of the same pot that has bacon in it.

I agree... But even as a symbolic gesture it shows an interest in renewable sources and that further investment is supported by the peoples.

China was buying its coal (most of it) from Australia (some US)…The Peoples (anti) Republic harassed enough Aussies that they shifted their exports to India. It’s still being burnt but I was glad to see a some thumb their nose at that despicable regime

China was buying its coal (most of it) from Australia (some US)…The Peoples (anti) Republic harassed enough Aussies that they shifted their exports to India. It’s still being burnt but I was glad to see a some thumb their nose at that despicable regime
China is also beginning the process of cleaning up. Now there is dirty work that they can afford to let poorer nations take. They are seeing the health outcomes of all that pollution.
Back to Beer and Green and Thinking Outside of the Box.
If beer came in seven packs the top surface of the hexagonal "box" would increase by only 9% but the amount of beer would increase by 15%. This would save on shipping because it is more densely packed. It also uses less cardboard. And it makes for a nicer gift to bring to a host. Six sided boxes would stack and pack like honeycomb cells.
1645398759591.jpeg
1645399215297.jpeg

1645399583444.jpeg

China is also beginning the process of cleaning up. Now there is dirty work that they can afford to let poorer nations take. They are seeing the health outcomes of all that pollution.
Back to Beer and Green and Thinking Outside of the Box.
If beer came in seven packs the top surface of the hexagonal "box" would increase by only 9% but the amount of beer would increase by 15%. This would save on shipping because it is more densely packed. It also uses less cardboard. And it makes for a nicer gift to bring to a host. Six sided boxes would stack and pack like honeycomb cells.
View attachment 114775 View attachment 114777
View attachment 114778
Yeah and then you got 2 guys fighting over who gets the 7th beer :)

That is when the learn to split it. Or to give the bonus beer to a new mutual friend.

Icahn decried the treatment of pigs produced for McDonald’s meat, which are put in a tiny “crate for its whole life” where “it can’t move around,” he said in an interview broadcast Wednesday on Bloomberg. He is placing new members on the board. This treatment of animals is bad PR McD because it is so unethical. I will eat pork but not from a factory. https://www.nimanranch.com/our-meats/fresh-pork/

I read years back about Temple Grandin consulting with Mickey Dees about ethical treatment of cattle in the slaughter houses. My understanding is her modifications resulted in structural changes across the US, or at least where MD’s was a buyer. She showed them studies where frightened animals produced a less desirable taste. None of it is as good as the grass fed in the farm store near me

I don't know about 7-pack abs. 12 is different. You need to drink a twelve pack per day to get them.
1645403941194.jpeg

Back