Chili Verde

Just finished a Yuengling Black and Tan 6 pack this afternoon.

That's the local beer here. Brewery is about an hour and a half away by car.

The Oldest Brewery in America they say. I took the tour a few years back, and it certainly SMELLS like the oldest brewery in America.

It's the only lite beer I'll buy, but I still think it's pretty crap compared to their real lager.
You can make any beer a lite by adding water

I know some interesting stories about Dick Yuengling's brewery if anyone's interested. Some of them might even be true.

Well to be the oldest brewery in America, they had to get through that little bump in the road called Prohibition. You may remember that from gangster movies.

So they were selling a full line of beers before Prohibition and their Bock was one of the most popular ones.

During Prohibition they sold only a malt vitamin supplement ... highly recommended for pregnant and nursing mothers, and people who were tired or run down.

It was sold through Drug Stores, over the counter no prescription needed, according to their old advertising posters in the brewery.

According to the tour guide's talk, it was their Bock beer in a smaller bottle with a different label ...

Can you find Strohs anymore,I used to like it.

It's not fire brewed any more, but still being made, in Detroit. This is the main merchandise page, but there's a "beer locator" in the foyer where you can enter your zip code and find the nearest place.

Interestingly, it's reviewed at a couple of online beer tasting places as being more similar to a European beer...

As of late I've gone back in time and been tossing back Yuengling.
Definitely more going on than most domestic beers
When our son was an active duty Air Force cargo plane pilot, Yuengling was the beer to have. They used to always make an east coast stop on their way back from wherever and stock up with the stuff to haul home to Anchorage or Tacoma 😉.

And .... on a totally unrelated note. Check this out from the BBC
Take your oil money and build yourself a green city

I saw a recent doc. on the Saudi plan for desalinization & greening Arabia. It was on
an impressive scale, but then the Saudis have lots of our money to spend.

I saw a recent doc. on the Saudi plan for desalinization & greening Arabia. It was on
an impressive scale, but then the Saudis have lots of our money to spend.
And they actually know how much oil they have left.

And, of course, have never lied to us or their citizens before ... or murdered any of their royal family, or otherwise been anything but good examples of citizens of the world.

And they actually know how much oil they have left.

And, of course, have never lied to us or their citizens before ... or murdered any of their royal family, or otherwise been anything but good examples of citizens of the world.
I met a Saudl prince at a foreign students college party where I was an unregistered drop-in. Heard
a few years later he was beheaded for treason, Historically that family is keen on pruning itself.

I was on an IPA kick there for awhile. Still searching for that perfect brewski...
The journey is the reward. 👍

Me personally I switch it up as drinking any one (wine included) for an extended period of time becomes boring and they start to lose appeal.

The journey is the reward. 👍

Me personally I switch it up as drinking any one (wine included) for an extended period of time becomes boring and they start to lose appeal.
You are so right Rocket. The snow level is down to a 1000 feet, The Chili is on the Crockpot and two opened bottles of Pinot are ready to go! A Red Tailed Hawk decided to stop by and check out the pickins at our bird feeder!

Attachments

• Chili weather.jpg
    Chili weather.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Hawk.jpg
    Hawk.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Pinot 2.jpg
    Pinot 2.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Yum.jpg
    Yum.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 114
Don't know. We never had the option to choose a source or type way back in the day.
I have tried Coors though, and wouldn't go any farther than a friend's fridge for one .

Sounds like a kilo of shake and seed from Mexicali!
About five weeks ago I spotted a giant clear plastic bag of red haired shake. No stems or seeds. Just bud hairs. The bag was about 20 inches long and 8 inches wide, right on the side of a bike path. I decided not to touch it. It must have come from a trimming room.

Back