Careful of Dost Bike Co.

San Diego

Region
USA
I ordered a Dost bike; felt really good. Had a call with the company and changed by color. Delivery was expected in August, then September. September is nearing the end of the season so I decided to upgrade my order to a Spring delivery of the upgraded model. In the mean time a family issue came up and I needed the money I was paying for the Dost bike that would be delivered next year. OK, that's what I agreed to. Anyway I needed to cancel the order, so I sent a message to Dost. The sales guy was more than accommodating through e-mails over several days. The only problem was I never got my refund. E-mails and promises, but no refund. So one day I called, got the sales guy on the phone. Explained I was not the happiest camper based on promises but no refund. He said there was nothing he could do about it. So I asked who I could talk to. The salesman said there was no one at the company I could talk to. Ouch. So, what if I buy their bike and have a problem and call the company and they tell me there is no one to talk to? The refund will come. Trust in the Dost company will not.

I take all these complaint threads with a grain of salt simply because i dont personally know the OP, that being said, I would have lost trust in Dost as soon as i saw their prices! IMO this company has been way overpriced for what they offer from day one.

Last edited:
What payment method did you use? A C/C company or PayPal should help if you paid through them. You paid the full amount up front?

As my kid would say to me 20 years ago, "Break the deal, Face the Wheel."

If they don't deliver in five more days, I would say you have grounds for refund of deposit.

I ordered a Dost bike; felt really good. Had a call with the company and changed by color. Delivery was expected in August, then September. September is nearing the end of the season so I decided to upgrade my order to a Spring delivery of the upgraded model. In the mean time a family issue came up and I needed the money I was paying for the Dost bike that would be delivered next year. OK, that's what I agreed to. Anyway I needed to cancel the order, so I sent a message to Dost. The sales guy was more than accommodating through e-mails over several days. The only problem was I never got my refund. E-mails and promises, but no refund. So one day I called, got the sales guy on the phone. Explained I was not the happiest camper based on promises but no refund. He said there was nothing he could do about it. So I asked who I could talk to. The salesman said there was no one at the company I could talk to. Ouch. So, what if I buy their bike and have a problem and call the company and they tell me there is no one to talk to? The refund will come. Trust in the Dost company will not.
So can we assume you eventually got your refund from Dost? How long did it take altogether?

Exactly why these threads suck. Another hit and run.
"Hit and run" threads do suck but still its information... taken with a large grain of salt.

can.png

Last edited:
Folks, please don't bash the OP if they didn't reply back here. They may have started the thread and then when they were not satisfied, they quickly left. Many of you are dedicated forum members, but some are not, or we start up and then forget.

I posting here now because I've been trying to figure out what to do about my DOST order. I purchased a bike and accessories based in large part on what I saw in Court's review of their bikes and the specifications. That was back in September. I had the bike delivered in a reasonable amount of time. However, I did not receive everything in my order. At the time, one of their customer service representatives told me that some of the accessories were on backorder and that they would fulfill my order once the products came in. It's almost 9 months now and my order is still not fulfilled. I call and email DOST every month and they keep giving me the same excuse. I have been patient with the company because I really like the bike and I want them to be successful. But at one point should I ask for a refund for the items I still have not received? One item I ordered was a Suntour seat post. A few weeks ago, I went on Amazon and ordered one for my other bike and it came within 2 days. How is it that DOST can not fulfill my order in 9 months when I can go on Amazon and get it in 2 days? I realize the other accessories I ordered are manufactured for them specifically, but if it is 9 months and counting, perhaps there are bigger issues than their supply chain management.

What do you suggest I do? I've contacted customer support many times and they are quick to respond with a 'Sorry, you'll get it when you get it' attitude.

FYI, I ordered the Dost Kope Chain on 5/4/23 for late June delivery then called them and cancelled the order on 5/15/23. I am still waiting for the refund to my cc as of 5/29. Not a big deal if the refund is coming. I will follow-up once I receive it to let members know how long it took. I reconsidered the Kope purchase because I found out I would need to be out of state in June-May (gig work) and could not accept delivery. My plan was to re-order once I knew I would be back at home.

Last edited:
You're the customer from hell.

Folks, please don't bash the OP if they didn't reply back here. They may have started the thread and then when they were not satisfied, they quickly left. Many of you are dedicated forum members, but some are not, or we start up and then forget.

I posting here now because I've been trying to figure out what to do about my DOST order. I purchased a bike and accessories based in large part on what I saw in Court's review of their bikes and the specifications. That was back in September. I had the bike delivered in a reasonable amount of time. However, I did not receive everything in my order. At the time, one of their customer service representatives told me that some of the accessories were on backorder and that they would fulfill my order once the products came in. It's almost 9 months now and my order is still not fulfilled. I call and email DOST every month and they keep giving me the same excuse. I have been patient with the company because I really like the bike and I want them to be successful. But at one point should I ask for a refund for the items I still have not received? One item I ordered was a Suntour seat post. A few weeks ago, I went on Amazon and ordered one for my other bike and it came within 2 days. How is it that DOST can not fulfill my order in 9 months when I can go on Amazon and get it in 2 days? I realize the other accessories I ordered are manufactured for them specifically, but if it is 9 months and counting, perhaps there are bigger issues than their supply chain management.

What do you suggest I do? I've contacted customer support many times and they are quick to respond with a 'Sorry, you'll get it when you get it' attitude.
So what are you missing? You mentioned you got a seat post. Maybe you can buy your missing items on Amazon and get Dost to reimburse. How is the bike? Do you like it?

Kinda the reason they get "bashed", no? Posting about an issue and then no follow-up on how it was resolved is the main problem with these kinds of posts. The valuable info is how the manufacturer dealt with the issue, not that there was an issue that made OP unhappy.
So you really believe we EVER get the whole story? A decade of experience tells me we seldom if ever do.

Back