Dost bikes Primary Battery and optional secondary Battery

Bobbo

Region
Canada
Hello everyone. I own a Dost drop Chain E bike that I purchased Last August. I really enjoy the Bike. As you are probably aware Dost is now in Receivership and have left owners out in the cold when trying to order parts. I spent two weeks researching where to get the primary in tube battery and the secondary battery which extends its range. I just wanted to let you know there is a company In the US called American Electrics. I ordered both batteries from this Company. They make batteries for most E bikes and they use Panasonic batteries internally. They are cheaper than Dost. Dost sourced their batteries from China. The owner said the china batteries have a useable life of three years. His batteries last 5-6 years. My Bike was shipped from Dost with a 2.5 year old battery. American Electrics makes each order on the day you order. I hope this helps Dost owners with dead batteries and don’t know where to get them

Hello everyone. I own a Dost drop Chain E bike that I purchased Last August. I really enjoy the Bike. As you are probably aware Dost is now in Receivership and have left owners out in the cold when trying to order parts. I spent two weeks researching where to get the primary in tube battery and the secondary battery which extends its range. I just wanted to let you know there is a company In the US called American Electrics. I ordered both batteries from this Company. They make batteries for most E bikes and they use Panasonic batteries internally. They are cheaper than Dost. Dost sourced their batteries from China. The owner said the china batteries have a useable life of three years. His batteries last 5-6 years. My Bike was shipped from Dost with a 2.5 year old battery. American Electrics makes each order on the day you order. I hope this helps Dost owners with dead batteries and don’t know where to get them
Thanks, Bobbo... I am in the same boat you are in. I have the Dost Kope Chain. and have been researching where to get batteries. from. I will check out American Electrics... Do they have the mounting brackets for the piggyback battery with the correct connector pin?

Thanks, Bobbo... I am in the same boat you are in. I have the Dost Kope Chain. and have been researching where to get batteries. from. I will check out American Electrics... Do they have the mounting brackets for the piggyback battery with the correct connector pin?
Yes.

If you google "American Electrics" like I did, you won't find what your looking for. Always good when someone finds a helpful business or website, to link it directly, like this: https://www.american-electric.co/ Regardless, good job by the OP, @Bobbo to find a business that looks like they can help alot of folks out. That's step one. Step two is performance of the battery after the sale is made and it's overall reliability and performance! :)

It appears they are capable of servicing every brand. Except the usual gang of proprietary batteries from Brose, Bosch, Yamaha and Shimano.

here is picture of
If you google "American Electrics" like I did, you won't find what your looking for. Always good when someone finds a helpful business or website, to link it directly, like this: https://www.american-electric.co/ Regardless, good job by the OP, @Bobbo to find a business that looks like they can help alot of folks out. That's step one. Step two is performance of the battery after the sale is made and it's overall reliability and performance! :)

It appears they are capable of servicing every brand. Except the usual gang of proprietary batteries from Brose, Bosch, Yamaha and Shimano.
they are going to solder the proper connector to the optional battery. Most batteries on the internet only have 2leads

I am in the same situation as you. What model batteries did you order? I too am interested in getting a new tube battery and an external frame battery for my Drop chain model. Thanks!

I am in the same situation as you. What model batteries did you order? I too am interested in getting a new tube battery and an external frame battery for my Drop chain model. Thanks!
they have brackets and pins
1709224666432.png

I spoke with Mike at American Electric... They have both the Dost Post Battery and the Piggyback Battery (with the mounting bracket and correct plug) -- "Both" being 14Ah, a total of 28Ah. Dost batteries are 14&11Ah. Mike is a very knowledgeable guy and knows all about Dost going into receivership. He also said the only thing that would stop them from making the Dost replacements, is that now that Dost is not purchasing the battery cases anymore, they don't know how much longer the battery cases will be available. So I am going to order the 2nd battery so I have it if I need it.
Also, they don't show the piggyback battery on their website; you need to call and talk to order that one.

Back