Careful of Dost Bike Co.

What I believe is that the resolution is more important info than the particular issue. Even the best products and companies have problems (by operation of the law of “Shite Happens”) it's what they do to solve it that matters.

Last edited:
Yes, I did purchase the seat post. The other items are custom-made for DOST, like the side mirror and top bag. Thanks for the idea of asking them to reimburse me for the seat post.

I enjoy the bike. I rarely use more than Level 1 on their pedal assist out of 5 levels since I want to have a decent workout while riding the bike. I bought the bike because I wanted one that could help me get home in the afternoons when I commute to/from work. I live at the top of a long hill and it wasn't fun trying to get home with my regular bike. Now, though, when I need to get up to that extra tough part, I go to level 3 for just a short bit and I can make it. So I do get a workout every day. I feel confident that when I need that extra power, it's there.

Great bike, overall. Some getting used to when shifting gears. Sometimes, the thumb throttle will not engage when I want that extra push. I've had to play with it just right to get it going. Not sure if that is a design flaw or a feature because this is my first electric bike.

I'll keep everyone posted as to whether my situation gets resolved satisfactorily with the manufacturer.

How is it that DOST can not fulfill my order
The Dost frame accepts a 31.5mm seat post, could be THAT size is on back order from the manufacturer, Suntour. Why not contact them to see if they are having sourcing issues that would delay bike manufacturers from getting timely deliveries? If they tell you no such issue exists then use that info to confront Dost regarding a refund for the seat post.

SR SUNTOUR NORTH AMERICA​

RIDGEFIELD, WASHINGTON
Warranty, Service and Aftermarket Sales
7509 S 5th Street, Suite 124, Ridgefield, Washington 98642 USA
Sales tel: 1-855-205-BIKE
Sales e-mail: [email protected]
Service and warranty e-mail: [email protected]

SR SUNTOUR MADISON, WISCONSIN
HESC E-Bike system Warranty, Service and Marketing office
910 Watson Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53713 USA
Tel: +1-608-229-6610
Service and warranty e-mail: [email protected]
Sales e-mail: [email protected]

ONLINE SALES
www.emarket.srsuntourna.com

FYI to folks who may want to order a Dost bike: I am starting to have the same problem the OP had. I ordered it on 5/4/23 for late June shipping window then found out I got some gig work out of state so I would not be home to receive delivery. I cancelled on 5/15/23. No refund to my cc as of 6/1/23 despite assurances from their customer service rep. I will follow-up in a new thread.

Last edited:
Looks like you didn't take heed! :rolleyes:
And once again these one-shot posts are of no value.
I agree and you are already airing your grievances at the Dost thread.

You heard about the guy that banged his head against the wall right? You know what he said when asked why he did it? He said "because it feels so good when I stop!"

Despite the rhetoric in this thread, I've been eyeing Dost as a possible addition to my fleet. If nothing else, it makes me wonder about the availability of replacement parts and warranty work.

I understand that supply chain issues hit the small guy harder than the big ones. In any case, I'll be following this thread.

FYI to folks who may want to order a Dost bike: I am starting to have the same problem the OP had. I ordered it on 5/4/23 for late June shipping window then found out I got some gig work out of state so I would not be home to receive delivery. I cancelled on 5/15/23. No refund to my cc as of 6/1/23 despite assurances from their customer service rep. I will follow-up here once I get it.
So, you order the ebike. Pay for it and then cancel. Did anyone read the refund/restock fine print before placing the order? Why not just push the delivery date back? I've had the USPS and FedEx "hold" shipments for me up to 3 months when I drove 18 wheelers.

these one-shot posts
This is not a one-shot post, did you read where I am following-up until this is resolved? This is valuable information for anybody considering paying over $4000, sight unseen, and having the bike shipped to them. I have not been refunded for over two weeks now after Dost customer service informed me it would take 1-3 days when I cancelled the order. The OP here is guilty of not following up regarding the resolution but he had a similar experience with a slow refund despite assurances from Dost. These are facts, not opinion.

Last edited:
I agree and you are already airing your grievances at the Dost thread.

You heard about the guy that banged his head against the wall right? You know what he said when asked why he did it? He said "because it feels so good when I stop!"
I explained at the Dost thread why I had to cancel, I did not air grievances. I am providing factual information regarding my experience with Dost. Why do YOU try to muzzle posts that provide facts the anyone considering a Dost product would find relevant?

Last edited:
So, you order the ebike. Pay for it and then cancel. Did anyone read the refund/restock fine print before placing the order? Why not just push the delivery date back? I've had the USPS and FedEx "hold" shipments for me up to 3 months when I drove 18 wheelers.
Maybe do a little homework before the lecture. Dost advertises a 100% refund policy when you cancel before shipping. So, there is no fine print that prevents you from being granted a refund. I was in fact granted the refund when I cancelled the order. The problem is that no refund has been issued to date. Also, this model is on back order, they don't have inventory waiting to be shipped. I am not certain when I will be back home, such is the nature of gig work. When I ordered on 5/4 it was for June shipping, but now I see Dost has moved the shipping window to August. That's why I could not simply "push the shipping window back". And Fed Ex will not hold air freight that size all summer. Here is some homework for you, Dost's refund policy:

canvas.png

Last edited:
I am not airing grievances this is valuable information
I dunno, it sounds like a little kid I used to pick up in a daycare bus. Every day he pooped his trousers just before we picked him up. He was a stinky little fella. And every time we asked him, "did you poop?" he denied it. But everyone could clearly SMELL his poopy pants.

And I'll repeat, having been on both sides, sales and as a purchaser, the whole story is seldom if ever shared.

I smell poopy pants.

This not a one-shot post, did you read where I am following-up until this is resolved?
FFS the OP!

Follow-up: After receiving the customer service email from Dost I posted here, contacted World Elite MasterCard and they advise it takes a week or so for cc refunds from merchants to post to the account, but that the refund would be pending as soon as the merchant issues it. They confirmed my cc account has no pending refund for the transaction in question, 17 days after I cancelled the purchase. Yet Dost reps by phone and email told me the refund was issued. Wondering why they would do that? Yesterday, I emailed Dost customer support asking what date the refund was issued, will follow-up in a new thread when they respond, but again, this is the same experience OP had with Dost.

Last edited:
So after a little bit of detective work you discovered that they haven't started the refund process. Now that is kinda sketchy. Keep us updated on the refund status. I'm trying to think of the last time I had trouble getting money refunded back from a vendor. Nothing noteworthy is popping in my head at the moment.

So what are you missing? You mentioned you got a seat post. Maybe you can buy your missing items on Amazon and get Dost to reimburse. How is the bike? Do you like it?
Sorry, I've been remiss in following this or any other thread.

I enjoy the bike. It has its quirks that I've seemed to adjust to. There are 5 levels of pedal assist and I usually only use level 1 because the bike rides so smoothly and fast. I use the other levels, maybe a 3 or even a 4 sometimes when I'm going uphill near my home. The main quirk is that if I try to use the thumb throttle, it doesn't engage right away. I kind of have to ease into it with my riding. Or if starting from a standstill, I have to be careful to use that thumb throttle because it can just jump on the power very fast.

As for the issue with the company, they have still not resolved it. In the summer, I complained again and they said that I was in line for a new shipment in late August. I have still not received my order.

I really wanted to support this company, but now I'm going to try and cancel my order. I can order the seat post from Amazon, but three of my items are custom-made for Dost. That's a bummer.

Back