Dost Kope pre-order cancelled well before shipping, no refund.

mata2maui

Region
USA
Ordered the Dost Kope 5/4 for late June delivery, cancelled by phone 5/15 after learning I would be out of state for the summer on a gig job. When I did not get a refund after two weeks, I emailed customer support and they replied with the email posted here. Well, I contacted World Elite MasterCard today and they advise it takes a week or so for cc refunds from merchants to post to the account, but that the refund would be pending as soon as the merchant issues it. They confirmed my cc account has no posted or pending refund for the transaction in question, 19 days after I cancelled the purchase. Yet Dost reps by phone and email told me the refund was issued. Wondering why they would do that? I have no idea if they are having money issues or what. I emailed Dost customer support asking what date the refund was issued and never heard back from them, I will follow-up when/if they respond. I have posted this info in the Dost forum as well because this is relevant for anyone considering ordering a Dost product.

Web capture_1-6-2023_101640_.jpeg

Last edited:
Follow-up: Never got a reply from Dost regarding what date they issued the refund so called them yet again, only got the AI robot to leave VM. No refund has been issued for 21 days since I cancelled, and they are not responding to my emails...way to go Dost!

Start a dispute with your credit card company, and if they provide the option include any correspondence (such as the above message) indicating a refund should have been issued.

You trusted them when you bought the eBike, just be patient. These companies have little staff to save you money on a purchase. If you would rather pay more for the eBike, I'm sure they would hire more employees.

This is one of the characteristic behaviors of a company when they are short of cash, and in financial trouble.
Deposits are taken, product delivery is late, refunds are dragged, accounts payable are dragged.
If it smells like a rat, and looks like a rat, treat it like a rat. I suggest you initiate action with your CC company.

This is one of the characteristic behaviors of a company when they are short of cash, and in financial trouble.
Deposits are taken, product delivery is late, refunds are dragged, accounts payable are dragged.
If it smells like a rat, and looks like a rat, treat it like a rat. I suggest you initiate action with your CC company.
Well said Tom, the kicker is that they tell me it’s been issued when in fact it has not been, nothing posted, nothing pending.

Yesterday I tried one more tactic with Dost before disputing the cc transaction, I emailed customer support yet again but this time I did something I never do: I ranted and raved like a lunatic in all caps, expletives, a threat to sue, etc. and they replied almost immediately, and finally issued the refund. It was issued today and will post on Monday, 27 days after order was cancelled. Unfortunately, I had to become abusive to some person working the front lines for Dosts failure as a company. Why they continued to lie about issuing the refund until now is anyone's guess.

Web capture_7-6-2023_10420_mail.google.com.jpeg
Web capture_7-6-2023_10122_mail.google.com.jpeg
Money issues?

Back