Cannondale Topstone Gravel Ebike

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
Thanks for the help Brendon!

Did some digging and:

DT Swiss Part Code HWQASM00S9923S, UPC 7613052278902
This is the DT Swiss Thru Axle for the Carbon series which is 168mm long, has a 12x1 or 1.0mm pitch and has a 15mm end which is Syntace X-12.
That is obviously for the rear!

For the front it is just like Brendon said K83011.
Hope this helps somebody else!
Yep, you got it!

It's a little strange, your bike, being the carbon frame and fork is road boost front and rear, the Neo 5 that uses the same fork as you is 12x110 up front and 12x142 in the back, a mixed bag!

The rear axle is aways longer, even if the hub is the same width, as the axle has to pass through the cassette too.

Not what I was saying, I was pointing out the fact that the Neo 5 has non boost rear hub spacing and road boost up front. Correct, a thru axle for a 142 hub spacing comes out to 150mm or something like that, not to do with the cassette, but is longer due to the dropouts on the frame. The width of the cassette is on the freehub body which is included in the measurement of the hubspacing.

Yep, you got it!

It's a little strange, your bike, being the carbon frame and fork is road boost front and rear, the Neo 5 that uses the same fork as you is 12x110 up front and 12x142 in the back, a mixed bag!
Ohh wow how crazy!!! No wonder Cannondale Aus had to call me back and didn't know!

Truth be told I would have preferred the 142! So much easier to buy new wheels

Ohh wow how crazy!!! No wonder Cannondale Aus had to call me back and didn't know!

Truth be told I would have preferred the 142! So much easier to buy new wheels
Outside of handbuilt stuff check out DT Swiss, they've got some pre built wheels in the road boost spec.

Another question for you lovely folk! Anybody managed to wire lights? If so which ones and was it directly into the Bosch control unit? Eg utilising both battery and control? Thanks!

Ask and ye shall receive!

Attachments

• IMG_20220322_131454442.jpg
    IMG_20220322_131454442.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20220322_131445062_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220322_131445062_HDR.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 180
Hey Brendon! Thanks!

Looks like a lezyne hv 800 ebike specific one? Was it easy to wire up?
Yep, went with the 800 lumen Bosch model, I did the lights/rack and Kiox all in one go and it required sticking a hand grenade where the battery is...

Yes it's a HUGE amount of work. Not to terribly complicated if you know what you're doing but it's lengthy to say the least. Don't forget to update the software after install as your bike might not let you turn the lights on in the programming.

Thanks Brendon

I ended up with the MagicShine ME2000. Hopefully my dealer can update/unlock my Purion so I can have the headlight display.
Cheers

Thanks Brendon

I ended up with the MagicShine ME2000. Hopefully my dealer can update/unlock my Purion so I can have the headlight display.
Cheers
Are you sure that the new Bosch Performance Speed motor will support that light? I know that Bosch only lets you allocate a certain amount of power to lights and in some cases it's not enough for the super bright headlights, hence why I went with the 800 lum light.

Thanks Brandon, based off the following I may just get away with it.

1648079630770.png

1648079656514.png

I would say that given my current torch scenario with a claimed 400lm it is going to be better regardless at a fairly decent price.

Cheers

Best not to chain yourself to the limitations of the Bosch Motor. Save your Bosch batteries for go power rather than burning up their electrons generating light. Simple installation too.

I use a rechargeable 1000 lumen light with a 50 mwh battery reserve from Knog PWR 1000) on my Cannondale topstone Neo Carbon 3 and their PWR 2000,2000 lumen light with a 10,000 mWh reserve on my Riese & Muller Mountain Both lights will recharge your phone with a USB cable that comes with.

yohjM29aMUYmKeU5yEHbDZ-1280-80.jpg.webp

Best not to chain yourself to the limitations of the Bosch Motor. Save your Bosch batteries for go power rather than burning up their electrons generating light. Simple installation too.

I use a rechargeable 1000 lumen light with a 50 mwh battery reserve from Knog PWR 1000) on my Cannondale topstone Neo Carbon 3 and their PWR 2000,2000 lumen light with a 10,000 mWh reserve on my Riese & Muller Mountain Both lights will recharge your phone with a USB cable that comes with.

yohjM29aMUYmKeU5yEHbDZ-1280-80.jpg.webp

Powering the lights doesn't do anything to the range, Bosch keeps a portion of the battery just for lights to power them after there isn't enough juice left for assist.

Powering the lights doesn't do anything to the range, Bosch keeps a portion of the battery just for lights to power them after there isn't enough juice left for assist.
Powering lights absolutely decreases range.

The only variable is the amount of loss which varies with brightness and corresponding wattage consumed by the lights.

Low powered lights=minimal range loss...higher powered light=greater range loss.

I've been thinking of going back to a drop bar setup for a while and I finally did it a couple of days ago, after I received my new Ritchey WCS Venturemax handlebar. I've only done one 45km ride, but so far I'm very happy with the new setup.
The Ritchey bar had a flat top to rest my palms on and the drop reach is shallow enough that I'm able to comfortably drive in the drop position for extended periods of time. This is something I can't do on my regular road bike.

IMG_2647.jpeg
IMG_2648.jpeg

Powering lights absolutely decreases range.

The only variable is the amount of loss which varies with brightness and corresponding wattage consumed by the lights.

Low powered lights=minimal range loss...higher powered light=greater range loss.
So I guess the Bosch service reps that do the training don't know their own product?

Reactions: JRA
So I guess the Bosch service reps that do the training don't know their own product?
You are conflating two different battery issues.

One is the 10% reserve for shifting in lights, where the motor shuts off at 10% so you can get home safely and your Rohloff E14, DI2 or other electric shifter will keep working and the lights still work (important in the dark).

The other is a simple question of how far you can travel before you reach that 10% threshold, which will happen sooner if you have electron hungry lighting tapped into your main battery, running during your ride. Obviously there are other factors that have greater impact on range, like assist level, topgraphy, wind, rider weight, etc.

My point is, don't fool yourself, very bright lights that consume significant battery wattage on an ebike, reduce available range when in use.

Richard,
It is not that I want to have a dispute with you. My experience gained from my distant rides on both Vado and Vado SL tells me that the battery power draw for the daylight running lights is just symbolic. This is even true for the Vado SL with its 320 Wh battery. When I stop for taking a rest, I even do not switch any of my bikes off and let the lights operate. Note: I have very precise tools to measure the power draw for my e-bikes and can prove it numerically.

(The Supernova M99 Pro only draws a lot of power at night. The Lezyne on my Vado SL is very economic at any time).

Back