Cannondale Topstone Gravel Ebike

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
It works great and the light is super bright!

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_161807466_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210620_161807466_HDR.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 197
It works great and the light is super bright!
That looks so clean! Is that a neo 5? If so, how does it peddle off of the motor? Does it feel heavyish or not as much? And does the wire on the bracket connect to the motor or is it a battery? I saw ac and DC in the ad but it didnt give much context.

That looks so clean! Is that a neo 5? If so, how does it peddle off of the motor? Does it feel heavyish or not as much? And does the wire on the bracket connect to the motor or is it a battery? I saw ac and DC in the ad but it didnt give much context.
Thanks! It's fantastic riding it with the pedal assist off. Most of my rides I toggle between eco and off, usually off on anything where I'm descending regardless of the gradient. Really makes a difference with respect to range. When moving the bike's weight on flat ground isn't as noticeable, when the road goes up I usually keep it in eco. The light wire runs through the tubing of the rack down to the left dropout and I routed it through a hole on the back side of the motor surround.

There are AC and DC versions of the racks, the e-bikes all use DC whereas a dynamo hub uses the AC version.

Additionally if you wanted even more light you could remove the reflector and splice in a 2nd light with those bolt holes. I believe there are some lights out there that have alternating flashing modes for use with e-bikes. Won't be a proper strobe or anything but it's something.

I can't believe the difference in the number of Cannondale ebike models offered in the US and Canada! Way, way more in the US.
The Neo 5 looks very nice and a kick stand can be mounted. 👍
I don't know why drop bar bike riders are against kick stands. I wish I could mount one on my Lefty 3.

Thanks! It's fantastic riding it with the pedal assist off. Most of my rides I toggle between eco and off, usually off on anything where I'm descending regardless of the gradient. Really makes a difference with respect to range. When moving the bike's weight on flat ground isn't as noticeable, when the road goes up I usually keep it in eco. The light wire runs through the tubing of the rack down to the left dropout and I routed it through a hole on the back side of the motor surround.

There are AC and DC versions of the racks, the e-bikes all use DC whereas a dynamo hub uses the AC version.

Additionally if you wanted even more light you could remove the reflector and splice in a 2nd light with those bolt holes. I believe there are some lights out there that have alternating flashing modes for use with e-bikes. Won't be a proper strobe or anything but it's something.
thank you! One other question as you seem to know about bikes; Do you know if 650b wheels will fit this model? I resume they will, but searching the web, nothing comes up on it

thank you! One other question as you seem to know about bikes; Do you know if 650b wheels will fit this model? I resume they will, but searching the web, nothing comes up on it
I hope I know a bit about bikes, I'd be a bad e-bike shop owner if that were the case ;)

Here's the bike in full gravel mode, 650x1.9 Panaracer Gravel King SK's, absolutely perfect setup when the road becomes less than paved. Truthfully I'd probably keep it setup in "gravel" mode all the time but I'd rather not trash the gravel tires commuting.

Attachments

• IMG_20210923_141150430_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210923_141150430_HDR.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20210923_144622864_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210923_144622864_HDR.jpg
    976.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20210923_144640358_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210923_144640358_HDR.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 187
I hope I know a bit about bikes, I'd be a bad e-bike shop owner if that were the case ;)

Here's the bike in full gravel mode, 650x1.9 Panaracer Gravel King SK's, absolutely perfect setup when the road becomes less than paved. Truthfully I'd probably keep it setup in "gravel" mode all the time but I'd rather not trash the gravel tires commuting.
LOL i didnt realize that 😂 Thanks Brendon!

@Gee_Whiz: After having analysed so many threads of yours:
You are left with two e-bikes:
  • Cannondale Topstone Lefty Neo Carbon
  • Specialized Turbo Levo
Only do not try to make commuters out of any of them. If you need a commuter e-bike, choose a Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0.
And then you won't hear from me anymore :D

@Gee_Whiz: After having analysed so many threads of yours:
You are left with two e-bikes:
  • Cannondale Topstone Lefty Neo Carbon
  • Specialized Turbo Levo
Only do not try to make commuters out of any of them. If you need a commuter e-bike, choose a Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0.
And then you won't hear from me anymore :D
These are good options and theyre all on the list lol!

Hey guys just another question.... the bike I purchased has garbage thru axles. Has anybody here changed the thru axles and if so do you guys know the pitch or what actually fits for both front and back? Thanks!

Hey guys just another question.... the bike I purchased has garbage thru axles. Has anybody here changed the thru axles and if so do you guys know the pitch or what actually fits for both front and back? Thanks!
Which model did you get? The Neo 5 has fine thru axles I think? Never had a problem with them. Are you wanting some that has a lever on them versus using a 5mm allen?

Got the trailer built up for hauling the wing-foil board to the river!

Attachments

• IMG_20220301_184532953.jpg
    IMG_20220301_184532953.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20220301_191030029.jpg
    IMG_20220301_191030029.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20220302_115113652_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220302_115113652_HDR.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 163
Shop overtorqued the last one and as such I have stripped the inside.
Unfortunately need new ones now but it is so confusing with all the pitch/length etc......
Argh.
Sorry I want to say it would be nice to have lever thru axles too for easy on/off.

Sorry in Australia we call it the Topstone Carbon Neo 4.

You should have the same front axle as my Neo 5, the rear is particular to that frame. What's wrong with the axles? Finding anything else is going to be tough since it's road boost up front. Is carrying a 5mm wrench just too big of an ask?

No issues with carrying a wrench it is more inline with I need a new one as both front and back have been stripped.

Given I need both I was actually looking at the upgrade more than anything. (Full disclosure, I do carry a multi tool everywhere I go :D)

No issues with carrying a wrench it is more inline with I need a new one as both front and back have been stripped.

Given I need both I was actually looking at the upgrade more than anything. (Full disclosure, I do carry a multi tool everywhere I go :D)
Get Hexlock axles with magnetic security inserts. They really work and once the frame is secure they can't steal your wheels, saddle, handlebars or whatever you secure with them. Granted they are a bit expensive but so are our bikes and their bits

Glad to year, like a good e-bike rider!

The Cannondale part for the front axle (that's the one that's hard to replace being 12x110) is K83011, I'd replace the rear with a DT Swiss one that has a removable handle so you've always got a 5mm key on the bike, check it out!

The rear axle isn't special, pretty standard 12x142 axle with 1.0 thread pitch.

Attachments

• QR1938-01.jpg
    QR1938-01.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 132
Glad to year, like a good e-bike rider!

The Cannondale part for the front axle (that's the one that's hard to replace being 12x110) is K83011, I'd replace the rear with a DT Swiss one that has a removable handle so you've always got a 5mm key on the bike, check it out!

The rear axle isn't special, pretty standard 12x142 axle with 1.0 thread pitch.
Cheers Brendon!

Just want to check though my rear hub is 148mm? As opposed to 142?
Is there anything that is say DT Swiss in 148mm?

Thanks for the help Brendon!

Did some digging and:

DT Swiss Part Code HWQASM00S9923S, UPC 7613052278902
This is the DT Swiss Thru Axle for the Carbon series which is 168mm long, has a 12x1 or 1.0mm pitch and has a 15mm end which is Syntace X-12.
That is obviously for the rear!

For the front it is just like Brendon said K83011.
Hope this helps somebody else!

Back