Buying Opinion Wanted: Voltbike Trio

zeldaharvestmoon

I am a 5"5' Canadian looking to purchase an E-Trike , as I have low vision and troubles with balancing a standard bike and am looking for buying advice and opinions.

Ideally I am looking for something that will allow me to independently travel, run errands like shopping, and get exercise.

As anything requiring a drivers license is not an option for me, an E-Trike was what I felt to be the best solution, however, I am unsure on what qualities to look for in purchasing an e-trike due to lack of experience and thus am hesitant with my current choice and looking for outside assistance.

As well, due to current world health concerns, shipping from places outside of Canada has become extremely restricted.

After looking through several options, I am leaning towards the Voltbike Trio and am looking for advice on if this is a good purchase or if there are better alternatives available.

As this will be my first time using any type of bike, let alone an electronic trike, I am hesitant to spend so much on something I do not know much about, as the cost after tax and shipping would be around $2600 CAD.

Additionally, I am unable to find any kind of review on this product, although I have found reviews of Voltbike's other products.
(Sources: [1][2])

Opinions, advice or feedback welcome.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
My wife has a Liberty Trike, it is for people who are unable to pedal much. It does not have gears. It has a disc brake in front and a coaster brake on the rear.

Her trike has reverse which is nice with a trike.

It would be nice if you could find a trike to try, they do not turn very sharp and you need to keep your speed low when turning to avoid tipping.

My wife has a Liberty Trike, it is for people who are unable to pedal much. It does not have gears. It has a disc brake in front and a coaster brake on the rear.

Her trike has reverse which is nice with a trike.

It would be nice if you could find a trike to try, they do not turn very sharp and you need to keep your speed low when turning to avoid tipping.

Unfortunately, due to current world health concerns, I am unable to test any of them. :(

Hi zeldaharvestmoon, have you pulled the trigger for the Trio? If so, how is it? Pros/Cons? Or did you get different trike?

Back