Dapu M155 USA purchase source??

fedgez

Region
USA
I bought a e trike recently and had to warranty the Dapu motor (started having bearing noise or something from the axle) after only 500 miles.

I only have a 1 year warranty from the seller, and am dubious Dapu (who seems to be notoriously silent on responses to other users on this board) would ever deal with me if it fails again.

I have searched and searched and there doesn't seem to be a source to purchase a replacement M155 CH. If I could I would just buy a back up motor for several reasons, one being quicker to swap out. Just build a wheel (while the current one is working fine) and keep it as a hot swap spare. That would give me time to figure out a tool to dismantle the unit and rebuild/fix it if I needed to in the future.

I saw a post on here that suggested Alibaba's but there wasn't a seller that was selling a Dapu M155 (specifically). I saw "clones" that looked very similar, but not sure they would be a one for one replacement. I would hate to replace all the hardware on the bike just to swap out a motor.

Yep I could ask my trike's seller about purchase, but considering that I saw other Dapu motors for sale under $150, buying outside of the regular market would likely be more cost effective--even if I have to pay to have a wheel built or spend hours doing it myself.

I actually have a M155 CS?? It appears to come with the 20" rim. I asked orginal trike seller if I could buy a motor/rim combo, but have not heard back.

Attachments

• DSCN1347.JPG
    DSCN1347.JPG
    720.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN1350.JPG
    DSCN1350.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 93
I bought a e trike recently and had to warranty the Dapu motor (started having bearing noise or something from the axle) after only 500 miles.

I only have a 1 year warranty from the seller, and am dubious Dapu (who seems to be notoriously silent on responses to other users on this board) would ever deal with me if it fails again.

I have searched and searched and there doesn't seem to be a source to purchase a replacement M155 CH. If I could I would just buy a back up motor for several reasons, one being quicker to swap out. Just build a wheel (while the current one is working fine) and keep it as a hot swap spare. That would give me time to figure out a tool to dismantle the unit and rebuild/fix it if I needed to in the future.

I saw a post on here that suggested Alibaba's but there wasn't a seller that was selling a Dapu M155 (specifically). I saw "clones" that looked very similar, but not sure they would be a one for one replacement. I would hate to replace all the hardware on the bike just to swap out a motor.

Yep I could ask my trike's seller about purchase, but considering that I saw other Dapu motors for sale under $150, buying outside of the regular market would likely be more cost effective--even if I have to pay to have a wheel built or spend hours doing it myself.

We have contacts with DAPU.
Let us know if we can help.

We have contacts with DAPU.
Let us know if we can help.
I totally want to know options. I bought the trike from Trident Trikes. I suspect this is a built wheel, which if the price wasn't too much for the all in one wheel option I would go for that. I mainly want a back up motor, but if I had the wheel with it all built that would save me some time. Given what I suspect failed on this motor having a backup may be easier than trying to fix it if it fails outside of Trident's warranty again (assuming he would cover it--which I would not expect him to do so).

It would be nice if this was a fluke, but give how hard it is to find a replacement and the cost of swaping to a different electric setup a back up motor is best option for me. This bike is for me to exercise and help my heart health. I just can't allow it to go down for an extended period of time. The cost of the trike vs hospital bills in the US made its purchase easier to swallow. I already got my resting heartrate down to 58bpm from high 70s, just need to loose more weight.

It is a 20" wheel with
36 - SS 12g spokes
and fits Schwalbe Big Apple 20 x 2.0

You can see in the photos the part numbers. Not sure what part numbers are most important.

Back