Bosch Kiox Upgrade:- Suggestions and Improvements

E14Delite

I have sent the following through to Bosch via "Contact Bosch" on their website. I will keep you posted on their response. If others have upgrade suggestions or agree with this one and wish to also contact Bosch perhaps we can track any communications and feedback from Bosch in this thread.

In a future upgrade can you please consider implementing an option to increase the font size for various parameters where the display layout permits. In my case particularly the Rohloff Gear indication. The demographics of users opting for the Rohloff hub are potentially skewed towards the more experienced (Older) riders who may have trouble even seeing the Kiox display, much less which Rohloff Gear is currently selected. Thanks Stephen

I have sent the following through to Bosch via "Contact Bosch" on their website. I will keep you posted on their response. If others have upgrade suggestions or agree with this one and wish to also contact Bosch perhaps we can track any communications and feedback from Bosch in this thread.

In a future upgrade can you please consider implementing an option to increase the font size for various parameters where the display layout permits. In my case particularly the Rohloff Gear indication. The demographics of users opting for the Rohloff hub are potentially skewed towards the more experienced (Older) riders who may have trouble even seeing the Kiox display, much less which Rohloff Gear is currently selected. Thanks Stephen

I have a Delite with Rohloff. Intuvia display. There is no indication of which gear I am in, except for a flashing number AFTER changing gear--that number then disappears, often before I get a look at it. Is there a display available that shows the gear selection always ON?

The Kiox has a number of screen display options and certainly the power graphics screen shows which gear is selected all the time but in a small size font as per my comment above. Another screen option just momentarily displays the gear selected as you change which is similar to what you describe with the Intuvia display.

The Rohloff Website video seems to show the Intuvia with a full time selected gear display so perhaps you may need a software upgrade. https://www.rohloff.de/en/products/speedhub/e-14/

The Kiox has a number of screen display options and certainly the power graphics screen shows which gear is selected all the time but in a small size font as per my comment above. Another screen option just momentarily displays the gear selected as you change which is similar to what you describe with the Intuvia display.

The Rohloff Website video seems to show the Intuvia with a full time selected gear display so perhaps you may need a software upgrade. https://www.rohloff.de/en/products/speedhub/e-14/
Read on, the page indicates that certain displays only show the gear momentarily.

@Adventum, the Nyon display does what you want, and all versions currently available fit the Intuvia mount. Most of us purchased the 1GB model for under $100 on eBay but as of late we haven’t been seeing them. Now that Nyon2 is coming out, I expect Nyon1 dumping and perhaps a big price drop on the 8gb model.

Read on, the page indicates that certain displays only show the gear momentarily.

@Adventum, the Nyon display does what you want, and all versions currently available fit the Intuvia mount. Most of us purchased the 1GB model for under $100 on eBay but as of late we haven’t been seeing them. Now that Nyon2 is coming out, I expect Nyon1 dumping and perhaps a big price drop on the 8gb model.
Thank you, dblhelix, for the tips. First, it's good to hear that there is some display that tells what gear I'm in among the 14! I would like to get the new Nyon but it doesn't seem available yet. Any thoughts about how to find one?

Thank you, dblhelix, for the tips. First, it's good to hear that there is some display that tells what gear I'm in among the 14! I would like to get the new Nyon but it doesn't seem available yet. Any thoughts about how to find one?
It’s def not available yet, and when it is, u will need a retrofit kit. Only Nyon1 works with the Intuvia mount. If you want to wait for the N2 retrofit, look out for a cheap nyon1 on eBay in the meantime. (Under $100) also, you dont need to buy the Nyon controller pad, your current one should work.

if you don’t find something, reach out. I have a spare nyon1 you could borrow while waiting. I could meet you on the Capital Crescent or wherever.

It’s def not available yet, and when it is, u will need a retrofit kit. Only Nyon1 works with the Intuvia mount. If you want to wait for the N2 retrofit, look out for a cheap nyon1 on eBay in the meantime. (Under $100) also, you dont need to buy the Nyon controller pad, your current one should work.

if you don’t find something, reach out. I have a spare nyon1 you could borrow while waiting. I could meet you on the Capital Crescent or wherever.
Thanks again, dblhelix, for your reply and suggestions. This subject (gear indication on the display) is getting complicated--too much uncertainty. I think it's best to drop back three paces and punt. Next I should, as E14Delite has suggested, see if my dealer can re-program my Intuvia. ElectriCityBikes in DC seems well equipped to handle the request.

Trying your "spare" Nyon is an interesting concept, if for no other reason than to experience this alternative display. If you would like to discuss this further please reach me via e-mail ([email protected]) .

Now have the latest firmware upgrade for my Kiox (3.0.1.0) and the first obvious improvement to me is that the Kiox automatically syncs after you turn off it off but before powering down. Previously it seemed I had to cycle the Kiox to start a new trip before it would recognise the previous trip was complete. Is this the experience of others with the previous firmware?

Also have the new motor upgrade. Previously I was very happy with the Gen4 motor but even happier now.

Cheers Stephen

I have now customised the screen displays for my updated Kiox. Options available via the "Settings" screen when the Kiox is installed on the bike. You can configure the number of zones per display up to 4 zones and then then select the data to be displayed in each zone. The power graphic can only be shown on a full screen display. You can also turn displays off so you can limit the number of display screens to suit your requirements. So as well as the power graphic I now have a screen that shows Speed, Trip Distance, Cadence and Gear Selected, another showing Avg Speed, Avg Cadence,Elapsed Time and Avg Power and another with Range, Battery Charge, Total Distance and Time of Day.

Good to now have a clear indication of which gear is selected in conjunction with the Cadence. If you setup a custom screen with the gear selected displayed it overcomes some of the limitations referred to earlier in this thread where it was difficult to see clearly the gear indication.

I have tried the navigation function but suspect that the full screen display of the Nyon would be a better options when the Nyon becomes available for retrofit.

You can convert your pre-existing mapped rides within eBike Connect as routes for Kiox to use.

These upgrades are definitely a significant improvement by Bosch.

Cheers Stephen

Back