Bosch Gen 4 Ebike Updates (More Torque, Improved eMTB Mode, Increased Power at Low Cadence, Navigation with Kiox, New Nyon for Europe & US)

Kiox owner, just received the Bosch eBike Connect app update on my phone that has an alert about navigation on Kiox when you click on the map section, does that mean the Kiox update has been released or is this just a prerequisite to a later update?

I had the same prompt, I assume it will be applied to the Kiox when I go in for the new update.

How do I get to update the Kiox? Im on an iPhone, do I leave the Kiox on the bike with the app open and bike On? Or with the Kiox on an USB power supply and app open? And are there steps I should follow?

The following steps helped me to 'force' the update:

1. Detach the Kiox from bicycle and connect it to a micro-USB charger.
  2. While near your Kiox, open the eBikeConnect app and sign-out and log-in again.
  3. A new item appears in the 'feed' mentioning there is an update available for your Kiox.
  4. Now turn off your Kiox by long-pressing the power button. It will power on again immediately after it was turned off. This is because the Kiox is connected to the USB charger.
  5. If all goes well you should now be able to see that the update is being transferred from your phone to the Kiox device.
  6. As soon as the transfer is completed you should restart the Kiox again by turning it off/on again. Once the Kiox is powered on again it will ask you if you want to install the update. I did this last step with Kiox connected to my bike again.
Some pictures of the process (apologies for the Dutch language ;) )

"There is a new software update available for your Kiox"

3NMqhehr7zzmirolNTEkwdyo.jpg

"Transferring software update"

uplR7cfflyIKS4pgUrYtFsb2.jpg

"Updating the software"

gH7kw1w6Achi4pZIkYypgR8h.jpg

Update finished :)

"
CBY39V5NDW9Ctytx07ovn99y.jpg

I now have the latest Gen4 update on my R&M Delite courtesy of my LBS. While I was happy with the original Gen4 motor the new update is a noticeable improvement. Not quite a Tesla upgrade that enables you to summon your car from the carpark but really good that Bosch supports their products in this way.

I assume as this upgrade has made it to Australia it should be generally available soon. Check with your LBS and book in for an upgrade.

I will try and report what impact the upgrade has on battery range once I have enough data.

Cheers Stephen.

I now have the latest Gen4 update on my R&M Delite courtesy of my LBS. While I was happy with the original Gen4 motor the new update is a noticeable improvement. Not quite a Tesla upgrade that enables you to summon your car from the carpark but really good that Bosch supports their products in this way.

I assume as this upgrade has made it to Australia it should be generally available soon. Check with your LBS and book in for an upgrade.

I will try and report what impact the upgrade has on battery range once I have enough data.

Cheers Stephen.
How do you have the Gen 4 update if it hasn't been released yet?

Received the update as well, still getting a feel for the "improvement." I noticed the "start gear" feature no longer sticks after turning off the bike. It defaults to 9 (rohloff) which is a bit too hard for my taste, anyone else having this issue?

Received the update as well, still getting a feel for the "improvement." I noticed the "start gear" feature no longer sticks after turning off the bike. It defaults to 9 (rohloff) which is a bit too hard for my taste, anyone else having this issue?
Hi Steve.
My update does not appear to have changed my start gear selection. I had originally set to 6th gear and still reverts to 6th gear after update. Have you tried resetting since update in case your dealer changed the setting then.
Cheers

The following steps helped me to 'force' the update:

1. Detach the Kiox from bicycle and connect it to a micro-USB charger.
  2. While near your Kiox, open the eBikeConnect app and sign-out and log-in again.
  3. A new item appears in the 'feed' mentioning there is an update available for your Kiox.
  4. Now turn off your Kiox by long-pressing the power button. It will power on again immediately after it was turned off. This is because the Kiox is connected to the USB charger.
  5. If all goes well you should now be able to see that the update is being transferred from your phone to the Kiox device.
  6. As soon as the transfer is completed you should restart the Kiox again by turning it off/on again. Once the Kiox is powered on again it will ask you if you want to install the update. I did this last step with Kiox connected to my bike again.
Some pictures of the process (apologies for the Dutch language ;) )

"There is a new software update available for your Kiox"

"Transferring software update"

"Updating the software"

Update finished :)

Nice! So not everyone needs to go to a dealer to get the update? Does it depend on your display whether you can do it yourself?

What version number is the new CX software update? Got new bike (Trek Rail) and not sure if it is with new software or not. Either way it feels really good.

Re. the new Nyon 2021 retrofit kit... my LBS say the UK importer is taking orders for it from 23 September 2020. Pre-order made!

Court,
Was this announcement timed in preparation for the upcoming IAA Mobility show?
If Bosch will be at the show, will it be possible to share an update re: what Bosch demonstrares and/or highlights? Would be interesting to know how well it stacks up to and/compares to other manufacturers. It would be interesting to know what is hot in the “internet of bikes” world at the show. Any EBR fans attending?

Back