Bike work stand

So you attach it to the bike stand first on the ground, lift it all with the jack stand and then lower the legs on the bike stand

So you attach it to the bike stand first on the ground, lift it all with the jack stand and then lower the legs on the bike stand

That's what I wanted to do but the bike stand was just a bit too high so I had to raise the seat post, lift the bike, and then brought the stand over and clamp the seatpost. It was a lot easier than lifting the bike myself. With that in place, it was much easier to remove the rear hub wheel. It was pretty easy to lift the cargo bike because there is a lot of space for the lift.

For my hardtail ebikes, it's going to be harder to lift because of the smaller area around the bottom bracket. I'll figure a way to lift it.

That is what I figured, that the cargo bike had a good platform and is more stable to lift using the jack

Someone really needs to build a reasonably priced ebike lift with a jack incorporated into it

I actually bought a hydraulic lawnmower lift and think that my bike stand will fit on it

Also had some ideas for one using the side of my bike trailer, a 2 inch L shapedbar in a 2 inch trailer hitch and lifting with some kind of hydraulic jack
Just have not been home much or had time mess with any of that

I am going to check alibaba right now and see if any hydraulic ebike lifts are on there.....
Amazing this has not been done

That red high position lift looks like it should be able to be modified to take a bicycle clamp somehow

If all you want to do is lift the bike off the ground, then almost any motorcycle lift will work. I used to use a table lift like this one to work on my dirt bikes: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200696307_200696307

Quality bicycle racks will allow the bike to rotate 90 to 180 degrees which is convenient for some work operations.

I agree, there is now a market for a true bicycle style rack for the heavier ebikes.

Last edited:
Timpo which motorcycle stand is that in the last pictures you posted? That is not the one from Harbor freight is it?

Thought I came across that motorcycle stand in some searches last night but it was six or $700 right?

My feedback sports ultralight Stand is rated for 85 pounds believe it or not, it seems to do OK but it still the issue of lifting these heavy bikes up there

If I have time tonight or tomorrow I’m going to write some of these motorcycle lift companies and encourage them to build a hydraulic ebike stand, maybe somebody is considering it or would consider it

I notice many of the bike stands have telescoping vertical shafts. Has anyone modified a bike stand to use, eg a winch or pulley system to extend that shaft whilst the bike is attached?

I'm thinking a similar mechanism to the tallmate mast crutch https://www.mastmate.com.au/tallmate , although I have a vague memory of an even simpler mechanism using just a 4/1 pulley system and a cam cleat - that'd be a lot lighter! Eg

Last edited:
wow, looks like this topic has been discussed before, a company called Minoura makes e-bike specific stand.

$470 to $500 :eek:

There's no question ebikes need ebike specific stand, bicycle stand just won't cut it. (well maybe sometimes it does, but you know?)
Ebikes have specific chain, spokes, tires, kickstand, etc... so ebike specific work stands would make sense for increased weight. But the price though :rolleyes:

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/thoughts-suggestions-on-bike-work-stands.11315/

w-150-m-jpg.13817

That looks suspiciously like a cheap engine crane but with a bike attatchment - so I guess anyone with a bent / busted bike stand could look into fitting the clamp to an engine crane for much less $

Something is wrong here... maybe bicycle stands are marked up extremely high?

I guess there is an economy of scale involved ? Although I would have expected there to be more cyclists wanting bike stands than motorists wanting engine hoists?

Check out the Performance bike stand. Mine holds my Rad Mini and my wife's Liberty Trike. Not at the same time of course.

I agree, the prices are ridiculous vs hydraulic dirt bike etc stands

am not home yet but if I have time tonite will do more research on engine hoists

I would easily pay 300 for a hydraulic ebike stand that was sturdy and easy to use
But even so think that would be ridiculously overpriced compared to dirt bike stands

I know this is an old Thread but will reply anyway : Get a Piece of 2x6 or 2 x8 lumber. Cut a small 12 inch long piece : Put a Slot 1/2 way in big enough to slide around your tube : Put it under the seat : Then set that on top of the clamp . Once you lock the post the pressure on the Board is gone. So you can slide the Board out of the way : You could actually just leave the board there: All you are trying to do is get away from the Bottom of the seat far enough to clamp the post. Works great for Bikes 60lbs and less : Or I should say never tried it with a heavier bike : With the Park Tool PCS-4 . I can set the Bike on a Milk Crate and slide is over to the Clamp : Not sure if that idea would work for Tripod or scissor legs : The PCS-4 You can slide the Bike past the clamp : So that's pretty simple if I just want to do some basic Maintenance

I have also found that making the front wheel stationary makes lifting the Bike somewhat easier : The Milk crate works great because even if you are a weaker person You can lift the front enough to slide the crate in Place and then Rock it up in place. Just about anyone should be able to lift 60 pounds up as High as a Milk Crate.

I even tried Scissor jack from a Car : Which worked with a small piece of 1/2 hard Rubber to set it on> All sorts of ways to get it up into a clamp without spending a bunch of money on lifts you'll only use for that :

I GET THAT SOME E-BIKES Weigh far more the 60 lbs :

The only drawback to the PT PCS -4 would be it's not to stable in the grass for Washing the Bike : For anyone who has a Garage IMO The PCS-4 is a Better Option then Other Stands :For E-Bikes

Last edited:
I use two rope ratchets suspended from the rafter of my carport. I can pull the ropes to lift it
to any desired height, While sitting in a castered office chair I can scoot all around the bike.
I also have a rolling tool bin that moves with me. It's great if your a lazy bike mechanic!

I use this same "pivot" principle to mount a bike on my Park PCS-10 work stand. I lift the lighter front end of the bike and place it directly into the jaws of the work stand without the use of the crate. It requires lifting less than 25#.

40125 40124

For quick repairs, instead of setting up the PCS-10, I use Park's PRS-4W bench or wall mount clamp using the same pivot principle.

Nothing that says "Park Tool" on it is cheap though.

Back