Bike work stand

Looks like a nice one although a bit on the light side as it's only rated for 75lbs. My bike weighs 72 before the rack and any other accessories.
I'd guess it will handle more weight though as they're trying to protect themselves if it failed.

I am not sure why they are conservatively rated at 75... the construction is solid and would easily hold 150 lbs.

Perhaps the rope was the limiting factor... I replaced the cheap OEM one with a solid braided climbing rope. ;)

That would definitely work as a lift for storage but working on a bike that is just hanging does not give you much leverage when you are loosening tight bolts or torquing them back down.
It would require one hand to hold the bike still, leaving only one hand to do the work, at least for those of us who have only two hands.

Agreed... I also use a bike stand for more serious maintenance work.

Anyone have any experience with the Bikehand Bike Repair Stand heavy duty- it's rated for up to 110 lbs and it's on sale at Amazon for $179

I screwed up. I had a hydraulic lift for my VESPA GTS. I sold the scooter and tools and should have put the lift sale, $800, into a proper powered bike lift. But as I’m winding down and have quit installing kits there’s not much point now. I’m selling off 80% of my bikes and spare parts as well as my Park PCS stand. Frankly it’s pretty useless to me since my physical condition has deteriorated to the point where it’s just to difficult to load a 75# bike. It was fun while it lasted. Time to ride more and stick to email and phone support of mid-drive kit customers.

I screwed up. I had a hydraulic lift for my VESPA GTS. I sold the scooter and tools and should have put the lift sale, $800, into a proper powered bike lift. But as I’m winding down and have quit installing kits there’s not much point now. I’m selling off 80% of my bikes and spare parts as well as my Park PCS stand. Frankly it’s pretty useless to me since my physical condition has deteriorated to the point where it’s just to difficult to load a 75# bike. It was fun while it lasted. Time to ride more and stick to email and phone support of mid-drive kit customers.
I'm sorry to hear that.
I was looking at the Park stands and thinking about one of them either that or one of those hoist lifts shown earlier in this thread. The advantages are there a lot cheaper but I guess the disadvantages wherever you put it is where it's staying.

I'm sorry to hear that.
I was looking at the Park stands and thinking about one of them either that or one of those hoist lifts shown earlier in this thread. The advantages are there a lot cheaper but I guess the disadvantages wherever you put it is where it's staying.
I use Park Tool PRS-25. Aluminum, strong, stable, and very portable. A bit pricy but to me it is worth it.

Anyone have any experience with the Bikehand Bike Repair Stand heavy duty- it's rated for up to 110 lbs and it's on sale at Amazon for $179
I had a Bikehand wall mount stand for our mech bikes. With the lighter bikes it was fine. The toothed mechanism that is intended to prevent rotation was not up to the task for the ebikes, even though they were comfortably below the stand's rating without their batteries. The teeth were strong enough, but the clamp wasn't. Maybe the heavy duty model addresses this. Can't really say.

I switched to the Park Tool wall mount stand. Very sturdy in all bike positions. This retailer offers free shipping, no sales tax, and a $20 discount on your next order.

I had a Bikehand wall mount stand for our mech bikes. With the lighter bikes it was fine. The toothed mechanism that is intended to prevent rotation was not up to the task for the ebikes, even though they were comfortably below the stand's rating without their batteries. The teeth were strong enough, but the clamp wasn't. Maybe the heavy duty model addresses this. Can't really say.

I switched to the Park Tool wall mount stand. Very sturdy in all bike positions. This retailer offers free shipping, no sales tax, and a $20 discount on your next order.
That looks pretty strong I guess the only negative is you have to pick a spot where you definitely are happy working.

When I had a Park Stand like the heavier duty ones shown, actually it was a double head shop model, I found it easier to remove the head and clamp it to the bike and then lift the bike up and re-insert it into its receptacle then tighten it down.

That looks pretty strong I guess the only negative is you have to pick a spot where you definitely are happy working.
True, but the advantage for me at least is not having a bike stand take up floor space. When I'm not using the stand it's automatically out of the way.

The same Park Tool setup is available in a floor model as well, but more $...😎

+1 on the Park PRS- 4W. I have the mounting bracket bolted to a leg of my work bench. The clamp removes easily for out of the way storage. I also have a Park PCS-10 which I rarely use anymore since it takes up too much floor space.

Park also makes a surface mount version. It's the PCS-12 and costs a bit less

61dglbXykaL._AC_SL1192_.jpg

I am in the market for a good but portable bike stand.

I was looking into Park tool 10.2 but then in the reviews I have seen, people mention that it collapsed on them which is concerning.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

I am in the market for a good but portable bike stand.

I was looking into Park tool 10.2 but then in the reviews I have seen, people mention that it collapsed on them which is concerning.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
If the price is NOT the highest priority and weight and portability IS then I recommend PRS-25 from Park Tool. $323 in Amazon and you might be able to find better deals other places.

If the price is NOT the highest priority and weight and portability IS then I recommend PRS-25 from Park Tool. $323 in Amazon and you might be able to find better deals other places.

Looks good, pricey but if it is stable and durable I can think about it. Do you have an idea on how it compares against PCS 4-2?

I've used the PCS-10 for 6 years and like it very much. The 10.2, from most accounts, is not as good as the original 10. I would seriously consider the PRS-25 if I were in the market. Weight capacity limit is 100 pounds.

I just looked it up and it didn't say anything about weight capacity.
Most say good for ebikes. I called Park Tools and they said it works with mine which is 54 pound.
the don’t advertise the capacity clearly. It says 100 pound if centered.

I've used the PCS-10 for 6 years and like it very much. The 10.2, from most accounts, is not as good as the original 10. I would seriously consider the PRS-25 if I were in the market. Weight capacity limit is 100 pounds.
Yes I can see that the older version, pcs-10 is close to the prs-25 and the newer 10-2 has a different /weaker support design for the legs. It is sad that for that price park has decreased the quality for the newer version.

I realized that pcs 4 comes with two different clamps.

Is 100-5c better or worse than the newer one?

100-5C_001.jpg

Back