Bike work stand

I realized that pcs 4 comes with two different clamps.

Is 100-5c better or worse than the newer one?

100-5C_001.jpg
The 100-5C clamp in your pic is tried and true design that is literally built like a tank. The local Bicycle Kitchen is equipped with these as is our LBS. My shop has one of these and the newer 100-3D. IMHO the 100-5C is better for repetitive work where the bike top tube or seat post is the same diameter much of the time. Just pull or push the lever and the bike is in or out.

I like the 100-3D better for a home shop as it adjusts more quickly to different diameters and has a cushioned section where you can hang a bike by its saddle for a quick adjust though we do have several models of bikes.

The 100-5C clamp in your pic is tried and true design that is literally built like a tank. The local Bicycle Kitchen is equipped with these as is our LBS. My shop has one of these and the newer 100-3D. IMHO the 100-5C is better for repetitive work where the bike top tube or seat post is the same diameter much of the time. Just pull or push the lever and the bike is in or out.

I like the 100-3D better for a home shop as it adjusts more quickly to different diameters and has a cushioned section where you can hang a bike by its saddle for a quick adjust though we do have several models of bikes.

Thank you for the information. I couldn't find a video demonstrating the action of 100-5c, is adjustment too cumbersome compared to 100-xD ?

I am leaning towards pcs 4 , it seems to be more stable compared to prs 25, though it is not as compact. But the ones on sale has this clamp instead of the newer one.

T
Thank you for the information. I couldn't find a video demonstrating the action of 100-5c, is adjustment too cumbersome compared to 100-xD ?

I am leaning towards pcs 4 , it seems to be more stable compared to prs 25, though it is not as compact. But the ones on sale has this clamp instead of the newer one.
The adjustment of the 100-5C is more cumbersome. To adjust it you need to rotate the hex sided shaft behind the clamp. The newer model has a small crank on the top that makes this much easier.

100-5C_001.jpg

100-5C clamp adjustment

100-3D_010.jpg

100-3D with small crank for clamp adjustment. Note smaller blue pad on underside. This is a softer plastic that can be used to hang a bike by its saddle for quick adjustments. This mechanism is not based on a cast body. The main pieces are stamped steel, but still very robust, esp for a home shop.

Back