Best Rock Ever? Nominations, No Air Supply!

Pork pie? I used to eat them occasionally when I lived in England. I wouldn't eat them now, but I remember they were okay at the time.
1673723558963.png

Never heard of them. It has some of that Steely Dan sort of vibe. The Cheesebrokers have Devo jumpsuits.

Told ya :) . I forget where I tripped across them, but could not believe I'd never heard them before. It was just a few years ago and I've been listening to music for a half decade.

Yeah, the brokers rocked that Devo look. They synced up some dance moves too - really fun band. Prince was in town (Birmingham, AL) playing a show at the BJCC if I recall correctly. After his show he stopped by the Cheesebroker gig for a few tunes. It was, as you might suspect, epic. The energy in there was insane. He just showed up unannounced and asked if he could sit in. I think this was 5 Points Music Hall.

1673739607169.png

As a side note to this thread ...
I am not a fan of music videos. I don't mind the videos that actually show the artists performing the piece, but I find most videos distracting. I usually just turn away or close my eyes to get the maximum enjoyment of listening. I guess it is an age thing. I am a cranky old fart.

No one has mentioned Jeff Beck. If you are rushed for time maybe try the last half of Pork Pie Hat. This is not bubble gum.
I'm rather partial to this one.

But his repertoire is so deep it's ridiculous.
In Brian May's tribute video, he was quoted as saying “I couldn’t pick up a guitar when he was in the room”.

Yeah, I was a fan.

Good morning. Correct.
I never really thought that song belonged on that album. Every other song is calm and rather mellow, but then that one comes on and it really messes up the mood. When I used to work 3rd shift, I'd fall asleep to it, and really didn't like that song coming on.

Any Leaky Douchebag can post a video
From 'Show Us a Tool' today from @fooferdoggie we see this method of repairing such a leak. That is to the bag itself. If the over all diameter is too loose, making it leaky, then that is a different matter. And requires an adaptor of sufficient circumference to accommodate, preventing the leak. "Summer's Breese Makes Me Feel Fine."
1674003216555.jpeg
1674002552671.png
1674003065179.png

Last edited:
Sorry I gotta be that guy, but Pride was on "An Unforgettable Fire".

I don't recall it being on the "Wide Awake..." EP.
Yeah, I wrote Wide Awake, then changed it to Unforgettable Fire, then changed it back to what I originally wrote. I wasn't Wide Awake at the time, but I was in America. :)

80’s LSD. Whimpy
Not if it was made right. :) the difference between "street" LSD and the good stuff was night and day.

At least I assume so, because a friend's dad made a few batches at work (unnamed major pharmaceutical company) back in the 80's and it was interstellar compared to the typical blotters found in my neck of the woods.

I remember reading some study a LONG time ago that for most people, their favourite music coincides with their early/mid teens. I'd buy that.

I mean, as a kid my faves were Buddy Holly, John Cash, and CCR, but in the summer of 1981, my friend's older brother was blaring U2 and The Ramones while we were in their driveway building a ramp for our bikes, and down the rabbit hole I went.

Back