Best Rock Ever? Nominations, No Air Supply!

I love the No Air Supply in the thread title. They are THE wimpiest band of all time, and I've used this description since the early 90's. For example, a co-worker said Hall and Oats were the wimpiest, but JUST Daryl OR John could beat up the whole Air Supply band! Or one guy out of 10cc could beat up the whole Air Supply band twice in a row. Simon and Garfunkle? It would take both of them to beat up the whole Air Supply band BUT they would win. So yeah, Air Supply are the master wimps.

I'm not a super huge rock music fan in general. I like weird, violent, crazy in my music. Look up: Captured! By Robots. Negative Approach. Overkill (LOVE the shrilly voice!). Agent Orange. Older punk rock/hardcore in general. Worldsucks rule live. Exhumed. The list goes on and on. Funny fact for you heavy metal fans. I've seen both the Cronos fronted Venom for the Metal Black tour. Is was a great show. Then I saw the Venom Inc. version fronted by Demolition Man and it was a great FUN show. Yes, fun! I actually prefer the Inc. version for live shows.

Because I'm old I've seen Slayer as far back as the Hell Awaits tour. Last good tour by them was God Hates Us All.
I've seen Pantera as far back as the Cowboys From Hell tour. The Vulgar tour was INSANE!
Seen Suicidal Tendencies as far back as the Controlled By Hatred tour.
Clutch for that Transnational tour. Still like them BUT that first album tour ripped!
Megadeth for the Killing is My Business tour. LOVE Megadeth and seen then so many times.
Only saw Celtic Frost once, last album with Martin Ain. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!
Triptykon once, so far. Pure art.
And MANY more shows. My wife likes these shows as well because they are exciting and the crowds are generally pretty cool.
Do you like "Soul Coughing"? My apologies,I like "Fleetwood Mac"( Do not care for Stevies duets though)

I like weird, violent, crazy in my music.
How do you feel about ukulele covers of Slayer and Cannibal Corpse?

That's part one, goes on for like five videos. Absolutely hillarious.

I'm into some strange stuff myself. Ever listen to In Extremo? Metal covers of traditional folks songs in dead languages using a mix of period and modern instruments.

Straight ahead. Can't seem to embed this one so you'll have to follow the link.
James Gang was always amazing. It's kind of sad how the Eagles would butcher that song when they tried to perform it live. I mean I know they were all stoned out of their gourd, but Henley's incompetent drumming just ruined everything. Clearly he was no Jimmy Fox.

Proving that -- as Mojo Nixon suggested -- Don Henley must die.

Worst rock ever. Better a fairy than caught owning BS disc.
Coming from someone who admittedly listens to the Greatful Dead... a band that really isn't rock and requires a drug induced labotomy to appreciate... I'll take that as a compliment.
Or maybe you're just a little bit. . .

Only a true aficionado with discerning tastes can appreciate the Leaky Dushebags. They are a Specialized band with eight sensors.
I'm contemplating starting a thread to address all the nuances.

Thoughts Of An Experienced Leaky Douchebag Groupie​

What about Neil Diamond?

🎶 Sweet Caroline (Ah, ah, ah...) 🎵
I thought this thread was about rock, not the type of AM radio easy listening WPLM in Taxachusetts would play in the '80's. Diamond's limp, soft, "pop light" chazerei was one step removed from Tony Orlando or Tom Jones.

WPLM -- great call letters. Stands for "We Play Lousy Music"

FFS, Pat Boone rocks harder than Neil Diamond.

Before anyone gets their panties in a knot, this post is called "humor"

What's wrong with my knotted panties? I like them that way. My friend Natalie thought up how to make a cargo bike areo.
1673309227525.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that bike flies! Her son wanted a baby doll at Christmas and the dad said, No way. So, I gave the kid baby ET and the dad is cool with that because it is so ugly. The kid sleeps with it.
They Come to America.

Primus
Lamb of God
Megadeth
Stick Figure
Rebelution
Slayer
Rage Against The Machine
Tool

All great shows. I was 35 when I went into my last moshpit. That was for Megadeth at The Big 4 (Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer) in Palm Springs. Fucking love music!

I thought this thread was about rock, not the type of AM radio easy listening WPLM in Taxachusetts would play in the '80's. Diamond's limp, soft, "pop light" chazerei was one step removed from Tony Orlando or Tom Jones.

Before anyone gets their panties

Before anyone gets their panties in a knot, this post is called "humor"
"Appley" ever after? Thankfully "Apples way" didn't run long.

Back