Best Rock Ever? Nominations, No Air Supply!

I used to support a young man with terminal cancer.
We went to a concert by John Mellencamp. The kid hated it. Although grateful.

We caught his band in Seattle. …

What about the female Rockers? @PatriciaK, could Pat Benitar Rock? Janice? Heart? Not one has been mentioned.

I met Nancy in North Vancouver at a party by Mushroom Studio.

It was a clusterfuck as already the album drew huge acclaim.

She is striking. I was making shrimp kebabs on a big hibachi.

She escaped.

She escaped, asked some questions about the shirt I was wearing. Was I in the business etc.
I told her I was there for a friend. I was in last year of Social Work at UBC

Had a glass of Prosecco… then heaved a sigh, back to the marketplace… she said.

What about the female Rockers? @PatriciaK, could Pat Benitar Rock? Janice? Heart? Not one has been mentioned.
I really liked Heart's first album (still have that LP). That was the kind of music they should have kept making. Instead I think their producers or somebody must have pushed them into Rock, and to me those tunes sounded forced and contrived. Even "Barracuda." The girls had great voices though, and good looks to match.

I came of age in the late 60's and early 70's and usually gravitated towards the folk/ballad/country rock styles over hard rock. There are so many groups, musicians and songs from that era that I still listen to regularly, that I can't really name a favorite. But here is one of the early ones I still enjoy hearing: The Animals; House of the Rising Sun.

I came of age in the late 60's and early 70's and usually gravitated towards the folk/ballad/country rock styles over hard rock. There are so many groups, musicians and songs from that era that I still listen to regularly, that I can't really name a favorite. But here is one of the early ones I still enjoy hearing: The Animals; House of the Rising Sun.
Haha! I remember skipping school and playing pinball with House of the Rising Sun playing on the jukebox. Fond memories! 🙂

After my second year of college, I got a summer job running vacation relief route sales for a home shopping service. The district manager was fresh out of the same college, and he was the best manager I've ever known. Most nights after work and a quick supper, he'd have me come over to his apartment where we usually listened to Styx' Grand Illusion album while we each drank a beer and smoked a joint (which he always supplied). And he'd look over what I did that day and help me keep my bookkeeping straight. Best business meetings ever. :cool:

How about Journey and Queen definitely in the the top 10 for vocals with Steve Perry and Freddy Mercury.

I used to support a young man with terminal cancer.
We went to a concert by John Mellencamp. The kid hated it. Although grateful.

We caught his band in Seattle. …

I've seen Priest many a time... the first being a warm up for KISS

A tight band with always a good show and the Screaming for Vengeance tour being the pinnacle for me.
Their first 3 albums and Point of Entry are always on my playlist.

Here's a snapshot... many a stub did not survive the night.

PXL_20230108_174208524~2.jpg

80's bands! Nope. But you sure did have fun! NICE collection!
WOW CHEAP! inexpensive by today's standards. The Graceland Tour was my last concert crowd. And before that, I saw very few after 1975. Nope. The seas of humanity were no fun for me. But Rotel and Definitive have rocked my abodes for decades. Robert Zimmerman Cafe Extempore across from the Electric Fetus. 50cent cover one cup minimum

Last edited:
80's bands! Nope. But you sure did have fun! NICE collection!
WOW CHEAP! inexpensive by today's standards. The Graceland Tour was my last concert crowd. And before that, I saw very few after 1975. Nope. The seas of humanity were no fun for me. But Rotel and Definitive have rocked my abodes for decades. Robert Zimmerman Cafe Extempore across from the Electric Fetus. 50cent cover one cup minimum
I'll take the 80's over the 60's any day. First half of the 60's was was still 3 1/2 min cookie cutter verse chorus verse chorus chorus doolang crap. Late 60's it started and blossomed in the 70's. 80's got tainted by MTV but you can't blame them for going for the money and girls.
lickin.gif

Back