Best Rock Ever? Nominations, No Air Supply!

Eurythmics, Talking Heads, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pixies, Black Flag, Misfits, Henry Rollins Band, Sprung Monkey, Monsieur Le Roc. To add a few more.
I have gone to many many live concerts.
I say Prince is the best performer.
This guy can play guitar you, should see his performance on YouTube titled. 'Play that funky music white boy, Hollywood swinging ' concert.
I agree... though Prince was never my cup of tea.. his talent was undeniable and an awesome live performer.
13063062_10209745549143772_7293391057408535448_o.jpg
If you've never seen this... It's definitely worth a watch. His fluidity of play reminds me of Hendrix.
One of my favorite songs to boot!

Last edited:
This is like a trip down memory lane. Some of the groups I listened to in high school were: ZZ Top, Skynard, Doobie Bros, Boston, Floyd, Supertramp, Tull, Aerosmith, Kansas, REO, Chicago (with Terry Kath), Who, and many others.

Eurythmics, Talking Heads, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pixies, Black Flag, Misfits, Henry Rollins Band, Sprung Monkey, Monsieur Le Roc. To add a few more.
I have gone to many many live concerts.
I say Prince is the best performer.
This guy can play guitar you, should see his performance on YouTube titled. 'Play that funky music white boy, Hollywood swinging ' concert.
Minnesota boys love you heir Prince.

All these posts and not a single mention of ELO?
My sister is 10 years older and saw Parliment Funkadelic and she said a UFO landed on the stage and a bunch of aliens jumped out and played. She said it was the best show ever. Then, a few years later, she saw ELO. A UFO lands on the stage and a bunch of white guys jumped out. She said white guys jumping out of a UFO was dumb, but black aliens was cool. She still likes ELO though.

This is like a trip down memory lane. Some of the groups I listened to in high school were: ZZ Top, Skynard, Doobie Bros, Boston, Floyd, Supertramp, Tull, Aerosmith, Kansas, REO, Chicago (with Terry Kath), Who, and many others.
Yes, very early Doobie Bros were a great band, but then IMO, they morphed into some kind of pop band that had no connection to the original sound. Never cared for them after that.

If I can’t pick Air Supply I’m going to have to go with Barry Manilow. :D I’m a big fan of the Eagles and Bob Seeger. A great Youtube video is Bob Seeger and Jason Aldean singing Turn the Page.

I just listened to Black Hole Sun by Sound Garden, dark stuff but good dark stuff. See if you can keep up with this one from Steely Dan. They weren't whippy. Those guitar solos!

We have compared bikes to guitars many times. $4M is a lot! An eBike is like when Blues plugged in to become Rock.

When it comes to great vocals, I've always had a thing for David Coverdale. It started when I bought Deep Purple's "Burn" album during my first year at college. Coverdale's voice shines in "Mistreated" and "Sail Away."

His later work with Whitesnake produced some great results, too. "Judgement Day" is one of my faves.

Back