Best Rock Ever? Nominations, No Air Supply!

Does KC and the Sunshine Band count? 😋

🎶I'm Your Boogie Man🕺🕺
🤣 🤣 Or how about I've Got a Brand New Pair of Roller Skates, You've Got a Brand New Key? Or Loving You is Easy Cuz You're Beautiful? That is the one with la la la la la and the high notes. It is funny 'similar threads' just below shows Air compressor! I guess it is one type of air supply. @tomjasz, I think there was a shift from psychedelics to stuff like meth and coke, that shows in rock history. Hence stuff like, I Am Iron Man and Rails of a Crazy Train that came in after The Summer of Love.

Best rockers ever.....Milli Vanillis.
Those two didn't need no stinkin' auto tune. 🤣

Seriously, for me it would be The Beatles, Moody Blues, and Pink Floyd.....in that order.
Wearing my Pink Floyd cow t-shirt today.

1672968746347.png

Last edited:
On the softer side of rock / jazz ... Dire Straits, Steely Dan, Jerry Rafferty, the Moody Blues, although I play a lot of the bluesy stuff that @tomjasz mentioned as well.
I have a coworker and we like a bunch of the same stuff. So one day I stopped him during our music talk and said "Grab something to write on and write down the band you hated the most as a teenager BUT totally love now." and I'll write mine down and when I count to 3 reveal our answers. Both of us wrote down Steely Dan! He called it "Elevator jazz hell." and I said I'd rather have my ears stabbed with rusty scissors than here that band as a kid. But now I totally respect their craft and artistic vision now. Strange how music taste can change.

Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. Best band name anyway.

The Who, Queen, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Beatles, Roling Stones, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin……. They were all the best in their own way at any given time, and they could all knock the snot out of Air Supply, (and Styx, the other wimpiest).

I respect your choices, but this old hippy says "ARGH"!!! But a few tokes over the line and they can be fun. ;)
Styx has two faces.. Their earlier a little heavier stuff is pretty good and an excellent live show.

In no particular order... Stones (later Steel Wheels too) Led Zep(can not be left out) Pink Floyd, early Judas Priest, Queensrÿche (Operation Mindcrime one of the best albums ever), Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Candlebox to name some of the ones that I seem to never tire of.... ohhh and some choice Van Halen and multiple variants of Black Sabbath.

Last edited:
Eurythmics, Talking Heads, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pixies, Black Flag, Misfits, Henry Rollins Band, Sprung Monkey, Monsieur Le Roc. To add a few more.
I have gone to many many live concerts.
I say Prince is the best performer.
This guy can play guitar you, should see his performance on YouTube titled. 'Play that funky music white boy, Hollywood swinging ' concert.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105-163403_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105-163403_Google.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20230105-162644_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105-162644_Chrome.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 90
Impossible for me to pick one, but my best rock ever, if I think back, I seem to be partial to southern rock, you know Marshall Tucker Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and the Allman Bros, I was listening to that in 1975. Of course I still listen the the Doors, really a great jazzy sound for the time, way ahead of the curve. Jethro Tull count? I still listen to them as well. Lots of talented bands and musicians. One honorable mention, is Joni Mitchell, the best singer song writer of her generation, IMO. Oh yeah, I like disco music as well, for real. For Led Zeppelin fans, here's a duet with Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, a blue grass icon. Interesting pairing and well done.

Last edited:
Styx has two faces.. Their earlier a little heavier stuff is pretty good and an excellent live show.

In no particular order... Stones (later Steel Wheels too) Led Zep(can not be left out) Pink Floyd, early Judas Priest, Queensrÿche (Operation Mindcrime one of the best albums ever), Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Candlebox to name some of the ones that I seem to never tire of.... ohhh and some choice Van Halen and multiple variants of Black Sabbath.
I love Queensryche and the Geoff Tate Sweet Oblivion stuff. Yet that band has always eluded me live.

Back