Best ebike on the market if money is no issue?

No place to put your stuff. Doesn't look like there are mounting points for any kind of rack. Fenders are too small for our rainy days of Vancouver weather.

A fair weather, high speed rider, lots of style and no practicality. Sorry keeping my wallet closed.

Last edited:
High style but low functionality, IMO. Depends what you want. Probably a fun Southern California or Hawaii bike.

I live in northern Mi and it would be perfect for me. Never have been a fan of riding in the rain, anyway.

Low functionality? Jeepers, just a matter of taste and comfort. Those torture frames others ride I typically just don’t remark. Electra crank forward frames, and the many copy cats, are quite comfortable rides. Upright means a loss in some efficiency with increased drag from body position. That aside the advantage of a fully head upright riding position makes for a safer bike for me. I’m completely head up with xcellent special views and never a strained neck. Quite safe with eye level contact with most cages.

The light? Yeah, if it were StVZO standard I’d forgive them. Maybe it is. Lights for me aren’t esthetic. It’s function over form. A properly focused StVZO standard light is night riding at its best and safest.

But as always YMMV!

The Priority Embark is made by Priority Bicycles, an NYC company. It has the Bosch mid drive motor, the Gates belt drive, and a CVT internal hub. I love mine!

The best bike is the bike that works for you. It’s a machine, but it you will come to know it and rely on it. A good bike will be like a friend.
I bought my bike from Propel bikes in Long Beach, on the other coast, and I can highly recommend their business. I would try a bunch of bikes out- You may be surprised at what you end up liking in an ebike.

I live in WI bit I’ve read that NYC has very strict laws regarding class 3 bikes so I’d research that first. The models you mentioned are all 28mph which is considered a class 3. NYC law enforcement can confiscate you bike if it’s a class 3. That would be a bummer.

Will you use the bike for hauling cargo? Is storage space an issue?

Use some common sense. Nobody is going to check if it’s a 25mph legal limit or 28mph . Is just that a law had to be written.

Sir , It was the strong tailwind and i also have strong ? ?. My ebike only does 25mph as the legal limit.

Maybe if they greedily start with insurance and registration and license plates then motors could be checked for the 750watts compliance. BUT EVERYONE wil sell their ebikes if they will ever start that bs.
It may work in Europe but that trickery can not be pulled off with Us people. That and the delimiting will never ever work on the american soil.
When the law man will pull with a laser gun recording the speed for ebicycles , most likely many non ebikers will go faster then 25 or 28mph. I know many pro riders can do 33-35moh on flat for many miles....

Greetings from NYC, this is my first post! I am looking for a daily commuter (4.8 miles each way, mostly flat on paved path) for my commute down the west side (Upper West to Tribeca). I also have no problem spending an insane amount of money on an ebike.. because of the thrill of supporting small local businesses like bike shops, of course.

I am visually attracted to the Trek Domane+ but not sure if that’s best for commute, would people think I am crazy or a poser if I buy this for just a commuter? I’m not sure if the physical effort to ride this bike is more or less than a commuter specific bike like the Trek Super Commuter+ 8S which may be more practical. Also could I put non-clip in pedals on the Domane+? I also like the Specialized Turbo Vado 6.0, which seems practical and still visually appealing. Bianchi Aria e-bike also visually appealing, but I would be concerned about the lack of support/service with lack of dealers in NYC. Finally, I love Canyon but they only have a MTB, any idea if they’re launching an ebike commuter anytime soon? Thoughts on above, anything else I should be looking at?

About me: 35 years old, 5’7” and 200 lbs (need to lose 25).

Those are just average ebikes with low 4-5k prices. The Domane has the old heavy Bosch motor , it will be 50-70% off in 6months...
A high end e road bike would be BMC AMP from 8-9k with the good stuff.
From 9-10k maybe 11k with good accessories you may be able to get a Stromer st5 , R&M, a M1 Spitzing and there many others for 15k and UP custom but yor budget definitely won’t allow it.

rbon, You wrote.... "would people think I am crazy or a poser if I buy this for just a commuter? " I urge you forget
"what people would think". The bike you choose will be yours, for you and you alone !

You also wrote...."I also have no problem spending an insane amount of money on an ebike.. because of the thrill of supporting
small local businesses like bike shops, of course. " Of thousands and thousands of Posters on this forum, There are probably but a handful of
folks that can say that. You are to be admired and envied ( in a good way ) to be fortunate enough to purchase any e-Bike of your choice.

e-biking is an absolutely wonderful experience and to not be concerned about the price tag on the handlebars is icing on the cake. Do not be
concerned about what anyone thinks ! Now go contact / visit Chris Nolte at Propelbikes.com : ) I have no connection whatsoever
with Propel Bikes, but respect them very much. https://propelbikes.com/

He’s a casual ebike newbie ...from the ebikes he mentions he’s not aware what a high end ebike is. But i salute him for getting into the sport and learning about the ebikes.

Here are few top choices:

A 12k STROMER ST5 (includes accessories, spare bat.)
- a 12k M1 Spitzing
- a 15k Optibike
- a 9-10k Haibike FLYON (the top model)
- a 10k BMC AMP LTD E ROAD
And there are a few others and very fast ,
many others will appear in the 10k + territory as they are in hot demand and many people like to show off.

Something else to consider, unfortunately: this ridiculous governor of ours still has not signed the new ebike legislation, nor has he indicated that he is going to. Despite being passed overwhelmingly, ebikes are still technically illegal in NYS and certainly in NYC.

For me it is an Optibike, I have one model 600 from 2007 and another refurbished 2014 Helia on its way!

For an Light EV to go that last mile that fits in the back of any car, I gotta admit a Segway miniPRO is a great two wheeler!

Last edited:
Hands down WattWagon, Travelanche, and CrossTour.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.29.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.29.08 PM.png

Back